The Official Gundam 00 Season 1 Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kavik Ryx

So I'm not the only one who misses the milk scene. :cry:

Though I will say that I was impressed with Marina's VA. Also, they way they treated Graham's crush on the Gundam was absolutely funny.
Aegis

It's one of the few scenes early in the series that was actually amusing. :P No milk scene, and Setsuna seems that much more bland. :P
ORegan

Kavik Ryx wrote:Also, they way they treated Graham's crush on the Gundam was absolutely funny.
Yeah, the "We've been dumped." line was good, and the part where he says something about looking nice for courting the Gundams was delivered very well.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Recon 5

Might it be possible that the milk scene and other scenes cut in favor of commercial time will be included in the DVD dub?
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Sume Gai

Recon 5 wrote:Might it be possible that the milk scene and other scenes cut in favor of commercial time will be included in the DVD dub?
that's why all the cuts are done Sci-fi isn't worried about content (unless there are nekid women which they'll just cover up)
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Akai Suisei

Recon 5 wrote:Might it be possible that the milk scene and other scenes cut in favor of commercial time will be included in the DVD dub?
I would expect so, but I guess all we can really do is hope. I don't know why they wouldn't be included though.
Shea

Speaking of which...
Will 00 be available in the states on Blu-Ray?
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
pd771

Shea wrote:Speaking of which...
I doubt it, since they didn't release Gurren Lagann in Bluray, I'd guess they didn't think paying the fee would be profitable.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
Chris
Administrator

pd771 wrote:
Shea wrote:Speaking of which...
I doubt it, since they didn't release Gurren Lagann in Bluray, I'd guess they didn't think paying the fee would be profitable.
You're ignoring the fact that Gurren-Lagann isn't even on Blu-ray in Japan, whereas 00 is. If Bandai seriously gets Blu-ray rolling in 2009, there's no reason not to release a show that's already on Blu-ray.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
pd771

Chris wrote:You're ignoring the fact that Gurren-Lagann isn't even on Blu-ray in Japan, whereas 00 is. If Bandai seriously gets Blu-ray rolling in 2009, there's no reason not to release a show that's already on Blu-ray.
It isn't. Well, guess I was wrong. I do hope they put out Bluray, I love me some HD Gundam rather than SD Gundam

/It's a play on words. See? SEE?
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

VentZX

pd771 wrote: I love me some HD Gundam rather than SD Gundam
Woah buddy, you lost me.

Anyway, I know what I'm blowing my money on if 00 gets a Blu Ray release. Economic recession be damned!
pd771

VentZX wrote:
pd771 wrote: I love me some HD Gundam rather than SD Gundam
Woah buddy, you lost me.

Anyway, I know what I'm blowing my money on if 00 gets a Blu Ray release. Economic recession be damned!
It was a bad joke. HD= High def, SD=standard def, but can also stand for super deformed

EDIT=spelling

skyknight

I get the HD/SD joke; but I wonder if any localization company are fully committed to release anime on Blu-Ray, and what will be included on Blu-Ray instead of a higher-definition version? Full-features of commentary, interactive menu...?

I would buy anime on Blu-Ray if its worth it.
Sleepneeded127

being that Gundam 00 is in animated in HD it would make sense for it to be released in an HD format and Blu-Ray is the main format out side of Downloads
ORegan

What about normal definition? is there anything that would hinder that?

*And just for the record, I see no difference between Standard, Hi def, or Blue ray in terms of picture.* :P
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Sleepneeded127

ORegan wrote: *And just for the record, I see no difference between Standard, Hi def, or Blue ray in terms of picture.* :P

there is a lot do to get the difference you have to have HD connectors such as component or HDMI cable(the best at the moment) and the TV/monitor has to be HD 1080 preferably

if you try to watch HD on a stranded TV or with out the right connection it will look the same or can look worst. on top of that what you ear watching has to be filmed in HD too.
ORegan

G-Slayer wrote: I know what you mean; they show the 00 Gundam in the 0 Gundam's profile, for God's sake!
Not anymore. I e-mailed Bandai and they changed it :P
Sleepneeded127 wrote: there is a lot do to get the difference you have to have HD connectors such as component or HDMI cable(the best at the moment) and the TV/monitor has to be HD 1080 preferably

if you try to watch HD on a stranded TV or with out the right connection it will look the same or can look worst. on top of that what you ear watching has to be filmed in HD too.
I watched a movie that I've seen quite a bit in Hi Def over my friend's house who has all of the high def bullcrap and is vain enough about stupid stuff like this to throw himself a party over his TV. :P No difference whatsoever.
Chris
Administrator

ORegan wrote:I watched a movie that I've seen quite a bit in Hi Def over my friend's house who has all of the high def bullcrap and is vain enough about stupid stuff like this to throw himself a party over his TV. :P No difference whatsoever.
No offense, but you must be blind if you think there's no difference between standard and high definition. There is a vast difference, whether or not you think so.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Areku

There most definitely is a big difference. Whether the difference is sufficient enough to warrant the investment is an individual preference, though; I've seen HD at it's best, and I still don't think the frame-rates have improved enough to warrant the expense (the sound tempts me, though). But to say that there is no difference is flat out wrong.
ORegan

Chris wrote:
ORegan wrote:I watched a movie that I've seen quite a bit in Hi Def over my friend's house who has all of the high def bullcrap and is vain enough about stupid stuff like this to throw himself a party over his TV. :P No difference whatsoever.
No offense, but you must be blind if you think there's no difference between standard and high definition. There is a vast difference, whether or not you think so.
Who's there? Come closer. :P