Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:04 am 
Elitist Earth Politician

I don't understand the new release formula. 9 episodes per box? How will they ever make these "collections" equal or even whole? 9 + 9 = 18 or (more likely) 9 + 8 = 17, so neither traditional scheme would make up a "First Season Part 1 & 2." And, if another "collection" was added, it would either be really short or dip into Season 2. What's the long-term plan with something like this?

Plus, I'd much rather have a BGM and/or Theme Song OST than a manga as an extra. I'm just a little surprised.

Considering there wasn't tons of scenes/episodes I was excited by in Season 1 (and the season as a whole story didn't gel the greatest for me), I'm going to have to think more carefully about what's the best way to get the best of this series in this release schedule. Maybe it will be better with these oddly numbered collections, maybe not. For now, I think I'll hold off.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:09 am 
Oblivious Harem Loser

the boxes will likely be the same as Geass in that you'll have three parts per season with the first part being 9 episodes and the next two being 8 episodes.

don't count out OSTs just yet they will likely show up in one of the SEs.

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:05 am 
Bald Wizard

LightningCount wrote:
I don't understand the new release formula. 9 episodes per box? How will they ever make these "collections" equal or even whole? 9 + 9 = 18 or (more likely) 9 + 8 = 17, so neither traditional scheme would make up a "First Season Part 1 & 2." And, if another "collection" was added, it would either be really short or dip into Season 2. What's the long-term plan with something like this?

I don't know what's so hard to understand about it. Bandai releases it in three parts to cover the first season, just as they did with Code Geass.

LightningCount wrote:
For now, I think I'll hold off.

Seeing as how you had a litany of complaints for practically every single episode of season 1, I don't know why you'd want to waste your money on 00.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:58 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

Chris wrote:
LightningCount wrote:
I don't understand the new release formula...

I don't know what's so hard to understand about it. Bandai releases it in three parts to cover the first season, just as they did with Code Geass.

Fair enough. Makes somewhat more sense now.

Chris wrote:
LightningCount wrote:
For now, I think I'll hold off.

Seeing as how you had a litany of complaints for practically every single episode of season 1, I don't know why you'd want to waste your money on 00.

Yes, I had my share of [comments]. There were moments of panache, though--especially early on in the first few episodes--so cherry-picking might not be such a bad idea in my case. Presumably, individual releases will follow these "collections" that will allow for that option.

By the way, to anyone interested, the images of the new DVDs are up here:
STANDARD: http://www.rightstuf.com/items/2009-03/06/large/av80427.jpg

SPECIAL EDITION: http://www.rightstuf.com/items/2009-03/06/large/av80430.jpg

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:51 pm 
HiMAT Spammer

How could Saji leave Louis after she was in the hospital?!!!!! Especially after his sister died, he needed her even more.
Spoiler: show
That was one of the biggest things that drove me nuts about season 2 was how saji and louis where seperated. At least it works out in the end but I am rewatching the show and feel just as upset about that part of season 1 when saji lets her go.

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:19 am 
HiMAT Spammer

Didn't she ask him to leave so he can study and follow his dreams of becoming a space engineer?

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:54 am 
Cardboard Leo Ace

NastyNate wrote:
How could Saji leave Louis after she was in the hospital?!!!!! Especially after his sister died, he needed her even more.
That was one of the biggest things that drove me nuts about season 2 was how saji and louis where seperated. At least it works out in the end but I am rewatching the show and feel just as upset about that part of season 1 when saji lets her go.

The guy is a bit of wishy-washy. He left Louise and wanted to think that everything will just be fine. He just thought as long as he kept his promise to her, she's going to live another day and have reason to continue moving on.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:13 pm 
HiMAT Spammer

SonicSP wrote:
Didn't she ask him to leave so he can study and follow his dreams of becoming a space engineer?

That is what she said but it was obvious she wanted him to stay. And why couldn't he bring her back to japan and they both finish their degrees? Her family had a lot of money so she could have afforded an apartment and tuition on her own.

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:46 pm 
Mecha Flunky

NastyNate wrote:

I always thought that saji would amount to something more. I thought for sure that he was going to pilot a mobile suit with as much screen time he had. I would not take his relationships to seriously.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:15 pm 
OMG Doomsday Laser

Louise basically had no heart for studies after what had happened. This gets explored in season 2 but telling him to leave was a courtesy that hurt her. She needed someone at that time but out of love pushed him away so that he could make something of his life. By the time they meet again 4 years later, her desire for revenge combined with Ribbons brainwashing has made her obsessed with nothing less then destroying the Gundams. A part of her still wants to have a life with Saji but there are too many negative emotions weighing her down.

Personally, I found it fairly credible. When the episode premiered I was amazed they'd actually do this to Louise and the aftermath seen in the resulting episodes feels true to life. As the audience of fiction, we have a vantage point that the characters lack. We can view things emotionally unattached or out of sequence. For me, the plotline brought up all the negative memories I had of when a relative died and such. Both their heads were swimming and they were still only teenagers. I doubt Saji wanted to go either but when the girl you love has had her life destroyed and then asks you to do the one thing that will make her happy, what can you do?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga