The Official Gundam Build Divers Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.

Moderators: ShadowCell, EZero8, Destiny_Gundam, Kenji

YokozunaBulldozer
Elitist Earth Politician

Re: The Official Gundam Build Divers Anime Thread Mk I

Post by YokozunaBulldozer » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:46 pm

So according to the official website, the original character art is done by Hara Kazuhiro, whose claim to fame is illustrator for light novel(and later adapted to anime) Log Horizon and character design is by Toida Juri. Toida seems to be new to the industry since I cannot find any notable credits so far. And Obari will server as action director.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER

Kuruni
Der Bigen Slicen

Post by Kuruni » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:35 am

Now I wish they pull one gag from Gintama (we already have Sadaharu as Rommel anyway), a revelation that not gunpla legend live well and comfort. Probably by make one of the legendary player as the same guy who flip burger at their school.

Well, just noticed that the heroine - I mean the female teammate - is a member of girl soccer club. Consider that she use a Kapool, and I saw images with a small haro inside it, there's good chance that their team attack would be soccer kick.

Surely this is the heroine, right? Dear whatever deity, please don't make Sunrise pull a brutal gag by reveal that she's actuallt a guy.
My girlfriend was a loli.

E08
Elitist Earth Politician

Post by E08 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:30 am

While looking at Gundam.info's report on the show's announcement/revealing ceremony, there is this interesting line: "サンライズの佐々木氏は、『ガンダムビルドファイターズ』と『ガンダムビルドファイターズトライ』を振り返りつつ、本作の新しい世界観とキービジュアルを公開"

It roughly says that Mr. Sasaki of Sunrise announced/reveal the works' (that is Build Diver) new world view and key visuals while looking back/reflecting on Gundam Build Fighters and Gundam Build Fighters Try. Perhaps, the experts on Japanese can confirm if I translate it correctly?

I wonder if this is hinting at Build Divers taking place in a different universe from Build Fighters series, or happen in the distant future.

X_zoro
Lackey GM Pilot

Post by X_zoro » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:38 am

Arbiter GUNDAM
Gun-toting Patlabor Pilot

Post by Arbiter GUNDAM » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:44 am

X_zoro wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:38 am
Anyone who knows Japanese want to Translate ?

https://twitter.com/mkaz0310/status/963407092500414464

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comment ... ysterious/
ah, I think you posted this in the wrong thread. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion

Zeonista
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Post by Zeonista » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:33 pm

A new Build Fighters anime is always welcome. After seeing the model kits at Gundam Planet I am enthused for this series. The Grimoire Red Beret and the Momo Kapool look like definite favorites for me! :D But the two main Gundams look attractive and the Seravee Scheherezade looks great!

Here is Gundam Planet's promo page with links to nift plamo to lighten one's wallet.
https://www.gundamplanet.com/blog/new-g ... ivers.html

Kuruni: Sera is the Newtype Girl for this series, wih her emphasis on Build Divers and feelings. Plus, just look at her design! Momo is the official heroine & successor to girl member of the Main three. (We have a pattern here, no?)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde

Zeonista
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Post by Zeonista » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:29 pm

I just watched the prologue episode on my lunch break. It was good fun in great BF style. Long time members will know which team I favored! :D The two young heroes are only present as spectators though but I didn't mind, as this 'verse spreads its honors around rather evenly.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde