Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Eureka Seven Ao
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:48 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

Infinite Stratos 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Seriously, the "all female pilots LFO" and Ao being the only male REEKS of IS, and kinda convenient too...

Infinite Stratos LN cancelled due to douchebaggery of author(and pressure of his own success).

Then Eureka 7 sequel has the SAME EXACT CONCEPT.

COINCIDENCE?

Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:52 pm 
Oblivious Harem Loser

I promise you the all female X with the male Hero exception has been done many a time before infinite Stratos. It's a Cliche generally used to create a Harem environment with zero effort.

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:28 am 
OMG Doomsday Laser

Where did you hear that only females would be able to pilot LFOs in the new E7 show? I've heard the rumor plenty of times before, and I don't recall anyone ever providing a legitimate source for the information.

You can now play without having to purchase Crysis Wars, see here for more details.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:47 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

So no one found it interesting that in all the promo material Ao's hair is Eureka green, but in the PV for the anime it was brown?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:20 am 
OMG Doomsday Laser

I heard that the reason for that was so the main character could blend in more easily. Having blue hair kinda makes you stand out.

You can now play without having to purchase Crysis Wars, see here for more details.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:43 pm 
OMG Doomsday Laser

Oh come on did they change it?
If it's Eureka's and Renton's kid, why change the hair colour from what it was originally shown to be?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:25 pm 
Monster of the Week

Quote:
If it's Eureka's and Renton's kid

You seriously have no idea what disgusting images I thought of when you said that. *shrivels*

And what is an Infinite Stratos? Is it that power suit anime that aired last year that supposedly /m/ hated or something?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:41 pm 
Mysterious Masked Dude

Gatx wrote:
So no one found it interesting that in all the promo material Ao's hair is Eureka green, but in the PV for the anime it was brown?

It could always be brown in the first episode and then turn green... I'm guessing it's not a change for the entire series as the official website still has a green haired Ao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:47 pm 
OMG Doomsday Laser

From what I've heard the hair changing color is part of the story. Ao changes it himself.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:46 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

Naru Arata

has

A HUGE forehead, I hope this ends up being good because the new Last Exile series sucks

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:47 pm 
Monster of the Week

So.... When does this series premier?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:09 pm 
Bald Wizard

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
So.... When does this series premier?

April 12, which you could've found with five seconds of searching Google to get to ANN or Wikipedia.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:43 am 
HiMAT Spammer

So the first episode has aired, and I'm super happy to have Eureka Seven back in my life. It's hard to say exactly how the series is connected to the original series (or even the movie) but I suppose that will be answered as the series progresses. In any case, if all you care about is the mecha, episode 1 was devoid of any, but the new Nirvash in the preview looks hot as hell. I'm looking forward to more.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:54 am 
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

VentZX wrote:
So the first episode has aired, and I'm super happy to have Eureka Seven back in my life. It's hard to say exactly how the series is connected to the original series (or even the movie) but I suppose that will be answered as the series progresses. In any case, if all you care about is the mecha, episode 1 was devoid of any, but the new Nirvash in the preview looks hot as hell. I'm looking forward to more.

IMO, if the mecha is all you care about, Eureka Seven isn't the show for you--the LFOs, while awesome-looking, were never the focus of the show.

I'm looking forward to the series myself, although I hope it doesn't have the issues of the original (it's probably the worst show I consider to be good; the good bits were AMAZING, but it had too many bad moments holding the whole thing down)

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:27 pm 
Monster of the Week

Well, that was a pretty typical beginning episode (but what anime isn't like that?).

Anyone else think that the ending theme was like that one song from No More Heroes 2 where Travis fights Margarette?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:37 pm 
OMG Doomsday Laser

I just watched the first episode, and I agree that the writers certainly didn't take very many creative liberties when beginning this mecha anime. I've got plenty of questions just like everybody else, so I'll just have to wait and see.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:20 pm 
OMG Doomsday Laser

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
Quote:
If it's Eureka's and Renton's kid

You seriously have no idea what disgusting images I thought of when you said that. *shrivels*

Considering they were both on the moon or whatever and had that love heart engraved in to the moon.
What did you think they would do, sit there and just hold hands?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:41 pm 
Monster of the Week

Quote:
Considering they were both on the moon or whatever and had that love heart engraved in to the moon.

You have to wonder how they survived in the vacuum of space.
Quote:
What did you think they would do, sit there and just hold hands?

To be fair that is all they were doing for most of the series (and they are not teens if I remember correctly). :P

Although in all seriousness Eureka isn't exactly human and in episode 48 or 49 they did show her coralian form; which for some reason makes me wonder how a coralian could give birth to half-human offspring. :shock: And then there is the conception....... And this is where I want to stop putting thought into this, be back when episode 2 airs.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:59 am 
OMG Doomsday Laser

I'm pretty sure at some point during the show Mischa or somebody else said that there was no reason that Eureka couldn't have kids. And IIRC, the thing on the moon was a result of the massive explosion or whatever from the last episode of the first show.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:14 am 
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Currently watching the first ep...does anyone know if this follows the show, the movie, or neither?

The opening said 'April 2025' making it seems closer to modern day than the show OR movie, but...idk...there's a shot of a vehicle on Trapar Waves near the beginning

EDIT: THere's also an ocean, which the original series DIDN'T have...

EDIT2: Okay, it's got real-world map and country names...and it's looking like the scub is just starting to show up (as opposed to in the show, when it was the world, and the movie, when it was starting to cover the world) Personally, I'm thinking that maybe this'll be a prequel? Would be an interesting twist, considering how people remarked upon the main character looking a lot like Eureka...maybe it's the other way around, he'll get absorbed by the scub, and a few thousand years later, the scub makes Eureka based off his appearence?

Either that, or it'll be a trippy mindscrew lovestory that doesn't seem to be aware of any other installments in the franchise :lol:

EDIT3: Apparently the writers confirmed that Ao's parents are Eureka and Renton...Okay, I'll just stop thinking about it and just watch the show, rather than explode my brain trying to figure it out :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga