Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:59 pm 
Master of Mecha

Deacon Blues wrote:
:D Well it seems that my apparent dyslexia strikes again as I've been typing it Sodetsuki backwards. Please fix this. And the official name is the Shinanju.

Isn't it "Sinanju"? That's how it's written in the profile on the official site.

-- Mark

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:29 am 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

toysdream wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:
:D Well it seems that my apparent dyslexia strikes again as I've been typing it Sodetsuki backwards. Please fix this. And the official name is the Shinanju.

Isn't it "Sinanju"? That's how it's written in the profile on the official site.

-- Mark

I give up... -_-;

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:44 pm 

I don't know if this was posted or not...

http://www.zeonic-republic.net/lineart/aqua_gm.jpg

Height: 18.0m
Base Weight: 49.5t
Generator Output: 1280kW
Hydrojet Output: 8950Kg

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:08 pm 
War-ending Idol Singer

So that's official Aqua GM from Harmony of Gundam, right? So they make it closer to GM Command instead of normal GM, interesting.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:00 pm 

I don't have complete pics or specs yet, but...

MSN-001 Delta Gundam
MSN-001A1 Delta Plus

Both are from Gundam Unicorn

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:56 am 
OMG Doomsday Laser

i found a bad scan of the Delta Plus on 4chan...
and here it is

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:55 am 
Newtype Emo Guy

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9536 ... 01bej8.jpg

This image of the Delta Gundam is likewise too poor quality to use on MAHQ, but it makes me wonder something - the rendering style here is awfully different from the other Unicorn mecha art, whereas the Delta Plus lineart clearly matches the other Unicorn MS. Perhaps the Delta itself will remain an "MS that was never built", only actually completed when it was later revived as the Delta Plus.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:15 am 

Because some of the artwork here on the site is lacking, I thought I'd upgrade some of it. First up are some new Gundam 00 linearts (of better quality).

Gundam 00 Lineart Submissions

Thrones Drei
Thrones Zwei
Thrones Eins

Notation: Ali's suit name is probably going to have to change. The magazines are pointing out that the name is "Saachez's AEU Enact Custom." The Ptolemy has a model number: CBS-70.

Gundam Unicorn

Angelo's Custom Unit
Geara Zulu Standard
Geara Zulu Guard Units*

Notation: I have indicated that this particular unit is not a "commander" unit as you have listed, lest that I know of. The term in the latest magazines coins it as 親衛隊仕様機 (shineitai shiyou ki), which is literally 'bodyguard type unit'. I'm not sure if Mark would be able to clarify on this one or not, but it's not a Commander unit judging from the text.

Gundam 00F

Gundam Abul Hool Type F

Notation: This is the correct spelling as depicted in the magazine.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:47 am 
Master of Mecha

Deacon Blues wrote:
Notation: I have indicated that this particular unit is not a "commander" unit as you have listed, lest that I know of. The term in the latest magazines coins it as 親衛隊仕様機 (shineitai shiyou ki), which is literally 'bodyguard type unit'. I'm not sure if Mark would be able to clarify on this one or not, but it's not a Commander unit judging from the text.

This is one of those terms with a very specific meaning but no precise English translation. This Japanese term is used for a whole range of elite national guards - the Roman Empire's Praetorian Guard, the U.S. Secret Service, even the Nazi SS. The old Principality of Zeon had its own version, for which "Royal Guard" is probably the best phrasing, even though MS Igloo makes them seem more like the SS. Haman Karn revived the tradition in Gundam ZZ, and evidently the Neo Zeon remnants in Gundam Unicorn are keeping it alive. For tradition's sake, I'd go with "Royal Guard" for all of these, so this Geara Zulu variant would be "Royal Guard Version" or "Royal Guard Type."

-- Mark

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:54 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

asterphage wrote:
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9536/srwmsn001bej8.jpg

This image of the Delta Gundam is likewise too poor quality to use on MAHQ, but it makes me wonder something - the rendering style here is awfully different from the other Unicorn mecha art, whereas the Delta Plus lineart clearly matches the other Unicorn MS. Perhaps the Delta itself will remain an "MS that was never built", only actually completed when it was later revived as the Delta Plus.

Perhaps this image could be of some use? I know Deacon Blues' abilities to clean line art surpass my own. The image is out of ninjasciences' photobucket.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:14 pm 
Newtype Emo Guy

Bazookafied wrote:
asterphage wrote:
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9536/srwmsn001bej8.jpg

Perhaps this image could be of some use? I know Deacon Blues' abilities to clean line art surpass my own. The image is out of ninjasciences' photobucket.

That post you're replying to is over two months old, and I've already worked on the scan you linked to and posted the results here:
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=150904#150904

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:11 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

Wasn't aware of that. I figured since there was no follow up with it here and since it still isn't posted on MAHQ that it didn't exist.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:22 pm 
Newtype Emo Guy

Bazookafied wrote:
since it still isn't posted on MAHQ

As far as I can tell, there's still a question of whether it's a "real" mobile suit in the Unicorn continuity.

However, it is presented alongside the other MS in the recent Hobby Japan four-page spread of Gundam Unicorn mecha. This suggests to me that, even if it will never appear in the story, it's considered to be "part" of the Unicorn series.

At the very least, since it's not a design that was originally created for the Unicorn series' background info, there should be a mention of it as an MS Graphica original design, with that book's CG art of it. The post I linked to in the Unicorn thread even tells us that there's some kind of story associated with the Graphica book, placing the Delta plans as an element which survives the Gryps war and eventually becomes public knowledge.
I don't know whether Katoki worked on MS Graphica- but it seems like his version and the 3DCG are very, very close.

As for where MS Graphica is filed, and where miscellaneous art seen in "Gundam Ace FIX" is filed, and so on... that can surely be dealt with in time, in the process of reorganizing all the MSVs and magazine stories and such.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:45 pm 

Part.01 of a 2 part update, I think. For the most part, I have added information to the initial profile (weapons name corrections, etc). The lineart that I have linked to in this is the only available lineart at the moment, so don't complain that I didn't "scan it all." I'll have the Exia, Dynames and some more Kyrios stuff with Ptolemy later on.

Overflag Use Union Flag Custom

Armament: Linear rifle
Pilots: Graham Aker, Daryl Dodge, Howard Mason, Joshua, Randy, Stewart

Agrissa

Unit Type: AEU Mobile Armor
Enact combines with the base unit.
Docking Unit

Kyrios

GN Shield
GN Shield Needle
GN Beam Sub Machine Gun
Missile Launcher (attached to Sub Machine Gun)
Tail Unit
GN Beam Saber

Virtue

GN Bazooka
GN Bazooka Burst Mode
GN Cannon
GN Field
GN Beam Saber

Ptolemaios

Ptolemy Catapult

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:24 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

asterphage wrote:
As far as I can tell, there's still a question of whether it's a "real" mobile suit in the Unicorn continuity.

As I undestand it, the Delta Gundam was what the Hyaku Shiki was originally meant to be. They couldn't get the transformation mechansim to work properly, so that aspect was deleted from the design and we got the MSN-00100 that Char piloted. Presumably Delta Plus would be a result of Anaheim going back to the original Delta Gundam concept, getting the transformation to work based on their experience with the Zeta Gundam, and upgrading it with the newest technology.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:25 pm 

Hokay, this massive update comes courtesy of the Ms igLoo book published by EnterBrain last year. I'll update this with lineart once I get the chance, but for now I'll just to the specs:

Animation Section

EMS-10 Zudah

Armaments:

H&L-SB25K/280mm A-P Zaku Bazooka
M-120A Zaku Machine Gun
135mm anti-ship rifle

MSM-07Di Ze'GOK

Overall length: 27.3m
Overall width: 15.6m
Overall height: 13.2m
Overall weight: 212t
Ze'Gok Unit Nuclear Reactor Output: 2,452kW x 1

Dive Maneuver Unit: Atomic Jet Engine: 4,680kW
Atomic Jets Maximum Output: 285,000kW

Pylon Booster: Chemical Rocket Maximum Output: 193,000kW (x2)
Level Atmospheric Cruising Range: 1,400km
Main Armament: Arm mounted mega particle cannon x 1

Logistics Weapons Container
First Armament: Multi Missile Bazooka

Overall length: 73.7m (standard L.W.C. at the time of use)
Overall width: 17.7m (standard L.W.C. at the time of use)
Overall height: 20.3m (standard L.W.C. at the time of use)
Maximum payload capacity: 540~670t

Mobile Diver Armament: Missile Bay
Rocket pod

Scattering beam cannon (Exclusive L.W.C. Utilization)
Multi Missile Bazooka: 445t
Rocket pod (R-1): 632t
Experimental Scattering Beam Cannon:
Kuhblime: 917t (overweight loadout)

Second Armament: R-1 (R Einz)

Third Armament: Experimental Scattering Beam Cannon "Kuhblime"

MS-14 Gelgoog

Overall height: 19.2m
Weight: 42.3t
Complete Weight: 73.3t (全備重量?)
Armament: beam rifle, shield

Jotunheim

Overall length: 293.0m
Overall width: 170.5m
Overall height: 292.7m

Change 1 - UC0079.01.04
Change 2 - UC0079.05.09
Change 3 - UC0079.10.24
Change 4 - UC0079.12.02
Change 5 - UC0079.12.30

Gwazine-class

Onboard MS: Zaku II F-type

Chivvay-class

Overall length: 264.4m
Overall width: 100.4m
Overall height: 106.6m
Dry Weight: 16000t
Full Weight: 24500t (standard equipment/propellant)
Main Propulsion System: Thermo-nuclear Rocket x 5
Armament: 3-barrel mega particle cannon x 3
machine gun x 18
missile launcher x 12
Onboard MS: Rick Dom

Gaw-class

Overall length: 62m (also said to be 50m)
Weight: 980t
Armament: 2-barrel mega particle cannon x 2, 2-barrel cannon x 1, bombs

RGM-79 GM

Head Height: 18.0m
Body Weight: 41.2t
Max Gross: 58.8t
Armament: head vulcans x 2
beam spray gun
beam saber
90mm machine gun
hyper bazooka
shield

RGM-79C GM

Head Height: 18.0m
Body Weight: 41.2t
Max Gross: 58.8t
Armament: head vulcans x 2
beam gun
beam saber
90mm machine gun
hyper bazooka
shield

Manga Section

YMP-04 Barol

Unit type: experimental unmanned observation pod
Overall length: 10.2m
Overall width: 6.4m
Overall height: 3.3m
Maximum Observation Distance: 510km
Operator: Richard Wiese

RB-79N Fisheye

Overall Height: 14.1m
Body Weight: 28.2t
Generator Output: 425kW
Maximum Speed: 29 knots
Armament: Multiple barrel long spear

Okay, now for the GM units, I move that they have their own profiles listed in the directory. For some reason, the caliber on their guns is 90 instead of 100. I'm guessing this is a slight change for the ones seen in the series, but who knows. Also, I will supply lineart for the Jotunheim "changes" that it goes through. The colored CG art in the book isn't the best to scan, so black and white may have to suffice. Now, as for the Ze'GOk unit, the layout of it is rather strange I know, but that is how it was presented in the book.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:14 pm 
Master of Mecha

Deacon Blues wrote:
MSM-07Di Ze'GOK

Overall length: 27.3m
Overall width: 15.6m
Overall height: 13.2m
Overall weight: 212t
Ze'Gok Unit Nuclear Reactor Output: 2,452kW x 1

Dive Maneuver Unit: Atomic Jet Engine: 4,680kW
Atomic Jets Maximum Output: 285,000kW

Pylon Booster: Chemical Rocket Maximum Output: 193,000kW (x2)

The chemical rocket specs are actually listed in the book as "chemical rocket maximum thrust: 193,000 kg (x 2)." In other words, this is thrust in kilograms, not electrical output in kilowatts. The same probably applies to the nuclear thermal jet specs immediately above, since the text on page 49 of the book mentions that the Dive Maneuver Unit has nuclear thermal jet engines with "a maximum thrust of 285,000 kg."

Incidentally, the text on page 49 also says that the Ze'Gok has a total power output of 11,812 kW, which it breaks down as "2,452 kW from the Ze'Gok unit, 4,680 kW x 2 from the DMU." This suggests that the listed specs actually apply to each Dive Maneuver Unit by itself, in which case the Ze'Gok's total thrust would be more than 950,000 kg.

As for the LWC contents, the first configuration holds a "multi missile bus," not a "baz" or bazooka.

-- Mark

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:11 pm 

For some reason (don't have the book with me), I thought that bazu was an abbreviation for bazooka. Bus didn't seem to make any sense to me. Thanks for clarifying my oversights though. :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:28 pm 
Master of Mecha

Deacon Blues wrote:
For some reason (don't have the book with me), I thought that bazu was an abbreviation for bazooka. Bus didn't seem to make any sense to me.

"Bazu" is short for "bazooka" (as in the Dom's "Giant Baz"), but the Ze'Gok specs say "basu," which would translate to "bus." Apparently the term "missile bus" is used in the real world to refer to a device that holds multiple warheads, i.e. in multi-warhead MIRV missiles.

-- Mark

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:35 am 

toysdream wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:
For some reason (don't have the book with me), I thought that bazu was an abbreviation for bazooka. Bus didn't seem to make any sense to me.

"Bazu" is short for "bazooka" (as in the Dom's "Giant Baz"), but the Ze'Gok specs say "basu," which would translate to "bus." Apparently the term "missile bus" is used in the real world to refer to a device that holds multiple warheads, i.e. in multi-warhead MIRV missiles.

-- Mark

Heh, chalk that up to me being in a hurry to give Chris some information all too quickly. I went back and double checked the book when I got out of work and sure enough I don't read clearly -_-; Lord knows why I mistook Bus for Baz. :/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions