Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:20 pm 
Bald Wizard

You'll probably notice a lot of recent updates to the Macross mecha section. I want to keep that pace going and keep the section moving forward to the next level. That will require assistance from the community, so here's what I'm looking for:

-As much color lineart as possible, be it official or custom. Please do not submit lineart from MrMarch's Macross Mecha Manual... if you're going to submit custom works, they have to be your own work.
-Spec corrections and additions.
-Detailed Burke's style mechanical profiles. The profiles I want should use official sources such as Macross Compendium and generally look like this (sample profile courtesy of MrMarch): http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/sdfmacross/vf-1a-2.htm
-Please DON'T post any material for Frontier here. It has its own dedicated thread, so use it.

Ideally, I'd like to start with the original series, but any other series is welcome as well. For now, detailed profiles should focus on mecha. We'll get to vehicles and support units later on.

That's all... and thanks in advance for anyone who is able to contribute something here.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:23 pm 
OMG Doomsday Laser

The HWR-00-Mk.I Monster (not to be mixed up with the Mk.II from the original Macross) should be added to the Macross Zero section. It appears in the mecha section of the official macross page.

Also, the Macross II section of the official page, has the VF-1SS instead of the VF-1MS. I hardly know anything about Macross II, and since the profile calls this valkyrie the Metal Siren, VF-1MS makes more sense to me, but it would probably be better that someone who knows more about this OVA, confirm or deny this model number.

Edit: The picture of the VF-4's Battroid mode is missing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:10 am 
Cardboard Leo Ace

This one correction for Macross Zero. The SV-51 has 2 Gsh-231 12.7mm mini-gun not 1. Here's image proof from ep.3.
http://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 388cj9.png
The QF-2200D-A is the unmanned fighter variant about the same size as the VF-0.
The QF-2200D-B is the unmanned reconnaissance fighter variant attatched to the VF-0 as a booster.
And here's some images for the Ghost QF-2200D-B.
http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 400pt3.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 400bp0.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 400jh3.jpg

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:00 pm 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

I've been asked by the member Protoculture of the Megaverse forums to submit this picture of the Draug from the Macross VOXP video game to the MAHQ for their mecha section.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa12 ... /draug.jpg

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:34 am 
Der Bigen Slicen

Weird...I though I had submit this already.... Must be one of my late momory-mess case...

Whatever, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/Kuruni/MS-Story/Vault-Super/hwr-00-mk1.jpgthis is B&W lineart for HWR-00-Mk.I Monster from MAcross Zero. BTW, it has overall length of 41 m and weight 285.5 t.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:54 pm 
Newtype Emo Guy

I noticed something, most likely brought about by the conversion.

Reviews of SDF Macross Eps. 31 and 32 are identical (except for screenshots). Don't know yet if the case is similar for other episodes.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:59 pm 
Newtype Emo Guy

Courtesy of VF5SS, this official colored art for the VF-1J in standard colors:
http://ameblo.jp/addicto/image-10825816 ... 68137.html
Notice some discrepancies from MAHQ's current art, such as the head stripe, faceplate, and the circles on the ankles. Is the current art from an official source, depicting a variant? I notice that Macross Mecha Manual features a "command colors" VF-1J, which has some color details in common with this art and some in common with the art currently on MAHQ.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:01 pm 
Oblivious Harem Loser

From the upcoming PS3 game "Macross 30: The Song that Connects the Galaxy", the YF-30 Chronus.

Fighter Mode: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... ae651d.jpg
Gerwalk Mode: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... 2c5018.jpg
Battroid Mode: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... d027d7.jpg

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:52 am 
OMG Doomsday Laser

I have spotted the following in the Macross DYRL movie:

Regult Light Missile Carrier- In the initial battle, after Hikaru rejects Misa's orders and heads into the ship, we see a brief battle inside the ship which shows a Tomahawk Destroid firing at something and hard to see Zentradi mecha launching missiles at an unseen Valkyrie, from which we can only see the tip of its gunpod. If seen frame by frame, we can see that the mecha that fired the missiles is actually a Regult with light missiles, best seen in the last 3 frames before its destruction and the arrival of a Nousjadeul-Ger that destroids the Tomahawk.
Regult Heavy Missile Carrier- In the initial battle, after the Skull Squadron has been called back to intercept the newly detected ship, we see a Mk.II Monster attack and destroy a Zentradi Heavy Fighter, as the Heavy Fighter is being split into 2, a Regult with heavy missiles and damaged legs crosses the screen from bottom to top.
Regult Tactical Scout- In the initial battle, after Skull squadron has fired all its reaction warheads, a regult scout can be briefly seen right above the very first explosion, before being destroyed by it.

Since the VF-1J GBP-1S has its profile listed due to its brief cameo, I think these Regult variants should also be mentioned as part of the Zentradi units in the movie.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:57 pm 
Der Bigen Slicen

Higher quality for VF-17 Nightmare from Macross 7.

VF-17D Fighter
VF-17D Battroid
VF-17D Gerwalk
VF-17S Battroid
VF-17S Milia colors
Super VF-17S Battroid
Super VF-17S Fighter

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:05 am 
Gun-toting Patlabor Pilot

I've been asked to do something for the PS3 game Macross 30: Voices Across The Galaxy. I thought I would start off with a basic list as some things can use lineart already available, others might have to rely on screenshots from the game. So here we go--

SV-51 Alpha (game version)
SV-51 Gamma (game version)
Nora's SV-51
DD's SV-51
*all SV-51 variants can have the Booster Pack equipped
VB-6 Konig Monster
VF-0A Phoenix
Shin's VF-0A
VF-0D (including the blue and white version Shin and Edgar flew)
VF-0S (game version)
Roy's Skull Leader VF-0S
*VF-0 Phoenixes have two upgrade packs: extra missiles and missile pods plus Ghost add-on
VF-1A Valkyrie (game version)
VF-1A (DYRL Skull Squadron variants)
VF-1J (game version)
Hikaru's TV VF-1J
Milia's VF-1J
VF-1S (game version)
Roy's VF-1S
Hikaru's VF-1S
*All VF-1s can mount the Super Pack, Strike Pack and Double Strike Pack
Reguld battle pods, all variants
TV version Nousjaduel-Ger Powered Armor
Queadluun-Rau powered armor (game version)
Milia's Q-Rau
Gnerl fighter pod
Thurval-Salan-class battleship (TV version)
VF-11B Thunderbolt and Super variant
Isamu's VF-11B
VF-11C and Super variant
Mina Forte's VF-11C
YF-19 (game version) (FAST Pack option)
Isamu's YF-19 plus FAST pack
VF-19A
VF-19E Aisha Custom
*VF-19A and E can also be equipped with the YF-19 FAST Pack
VF-19F
VF-19S
Basara's VF-19 "Fire Valkyrie"
YF-21 (game version)
Guld's YF-21
VF-22 Sturmvogel II (game version)
VF-22S Sturmvogel II
Max, Milia and Gamlin's VF-22S
*All YF-21 and VF-22s use the FAST pack the YF-21 used
VF-171 (game version uses Super pack)
Alto's VF-171EX Custom w/ Super Pack
Luca's RVF-171
Ganeth Modler's VF-171EX Custom w/ Super pack
YF-25 Prophecy
Leon's YF-25
VF-25A Messiah
VF-25F
Alto's VF-25F
Michel's VF-25G
Luca's RVF-25
VF-25S (game version)
Ozma's VF-25S
*All Messiah and Prophecy variants can use Super, Armored and Tornado packs except Luca's; his can only use the super pack
VF-27å Lucifer
VF-27Gamma
Brera's VF-27
Mei Leilong's VF-27 Custom
YF-29 Durandal
Alto's YF-29
Ozma's YF-29
Isamu's YF-29
Macross Quarter
Customized Northampton-class frigate Gefion
Rod Baltomar's YF-29B Percival
YF-30 Chronos
SDFN-8 "General Britai Kridanik"
QF-4000/AIF-7S Ghost
X-9 Ghost
Queadluun-Rhea
Klan's Q-Rhea
Large and small-type Vajra
Bishop-class Vajra mothership
Vajra battleship
Zentradi Infantry Armor
Protoculture EVIL-series bioweapon
Dyaus guardian drone (s)
Dyaus guardian drone (L)
Mother Dyaus

*three special DLC Valkyries were included with the special edition of the game--
Minmay & Mylene marking VF-1S
Sheryl marking VF-25F
Sayonara no Tsubasa marking YF-29

Next I'll try to organize them into the major factions, SMS Ouroboros, Hunter Guild, Bandits, Protoculture Remnants and NUNS HAVAMAL Taskforce

Here are some tech specs for the YF-30's profile--

Unit type: experimental prototype variable fighter
Manufacturer: Shinsei Industry/SMS Ouroboros/LAI
Empty mass: 8106 kg
Powerplant type: Shinsei Industry/P&W/RR FF-3001-FC2 Stage II thermonuclear reaction turbine engine x 2 (space max thrust 2110 kn x2)
Vernier thruster type: P&W HMM-9
Design features: LAI ISC/TO22 inertia store converter
Armament: Howard/LAI HPB-01A Heavy Quantum Beam Gunpod x 1, Mauler ROV-217D 12.7mm coaxial beam gun x 2, Bifors micro-missile launchers x2, Container Weapon System (micro-missile pack) x1, Assault Knife x 1
Special equipment: Fold Dimensional Resonance System
Optional equipment: CWS beam cannon x1 (not seen in game)
Pilot(s): Leon Sakaki
Mechanical designer: Shoji Kawamori

Fighter mode-
Wingspan: 15.64 meters
Overall length: 18.84 meters
Overall height (without landing gear): 4.02 meters
Standard atmospheric cruising speed at 10000 meters: Mach 5.3+
Atmospheric ceiling: unlimited (capable of launching into satellite orbit over Earth-class planet)

Battroid mode:
Overall height (with CWS): (?)

And the background info--

Background
The YF-30 was designed specially for the Anniversary game Macross 30: Voices Across The Galaxy by Shoji Kawamori. So far that is the only Macross media it has appeared in.

Description
The YF-30 Chronos is part of the YF-24 family of Vakyrie variable fighters, which includes the YF-24 Evolution, VF-25 Messiah, Y/VF-27 Lucifer and YF-29 Durandal. Like the Durandal, the Chronos wasn't meant to be a competitor for a new type of variable fighter as it was a prototype meant to deal with a specific situation, although it's designer, SMS Ouroboros Director Aisha Blanchette did include a few features that she hoped might be featured in future fighters.
The idea for the YF-30 began when Aisha Blanchette determined that a Valkyrie was specifically needed for the unique enviornment of the planet Ouroboros. The planet is surrounded and permeated by strange Space Fold phenomena, causing various effects (such as large rock formations and whole islands floating in the sky). One phenomena, known as The Ourobors Aura, causes the entire planet to be completely cut off from the rest of the galaxy and only a Macross-type ship can get through the planet's atmosphere. To this end, Aisha decided that the YF-29 Durandal, specifically designed to fight the Vajra, wasn't optomized for dealing with Ouroboros.
The Chronos's main airframe greatly resembles its YF-24 predecessor[Link], especially in the delta wing design. It includes the standard three-mode transformation system present since the very first variable fighters, facilitated by linear actuators for non-contact between moving parts. Unlike its sisters, such as the VF-25 or YF-29, the YF-30 includes the Container Weapon System, a unique featured added to the Chronos by Aisha. The CWS is a large pod mounted on the rear centerline of the fuselage in Fighter mode and above the head in Battroid mode. The CWS in the original prototype was fitted with a 36-port micro-missile launcher, capable of unleashing a truly apocalyptic amount of firepower, practically negating the need for the YF-30 to be equipped with any super or armor packs. According to Aisha, the CWS could be equipped with other times of weapons or equipment, such as a large beam cannon (though this was never seen in-game). The CWS can presumably be used in Fighter and GERWALK modes, though only at slow speeds for Fighter (I presume this because the aerodynamic consequences of putting a big horizontal block in the airflow are dubious).
The other unique feature of the Chronos is the Fold Dimensional Resonance System. Derived from the YF-29's Fold Wave System, the FDRS was designed to deal with Ouroboros's unique environment.
Other features are more standard. Due to the Ouroboros Aura and the unpredictability of supplies, plus the fact that the YF-30 was custom-built, many of the parts of the YF-30 are borrowed from other fighters, most especially the VF-25 and YF-29. The cockpit systems and display resemble the VF-25 and also uses the EX-Gear/ISC system present in the VF-25. It is unknown if there is a secondary seat. The battroid head is equipped with a pair of Mauler ROV beam guns, positioned centerline in Fighter Mode. The legs/engine nacelles are equipped with a pair of smaller micro-missile launchers (animation for this can be seen in-game although open doors are not present). The main weapon is the same Howard/LAI HPB-01A Heavy Quantum Beam Gunpod used by the YF-29 Durandal. It can also be equipped with the SSL-9B Dragunov Anti-Armor Sniper Rifle from the VF-25G, though the Chronos lacks the precision targeting sensors. The engines that provide the main source of power for the Chronos are the same Shinsei Industry/P&W/RR FF-3001A Stage II thermonuclear reaction turbine engines used in the VF-25 and YF-29. The Chronos is also equipped with defensive systems includeing a pin-point barrier system, chaff/smoke/flare discharger, active stealth system and SWAG Energy Converting Armor. Lastly, for CQC purposes, the Chronos carries a Ka-Bar OTEC AK/VF-M9 Assault Knife.

History
SMS Ouroboros Director Aisha Blanchette, a young Meltrandi prodigy, began to build the YF-30 Chronos in a hangar onboard the branch flagship, the Northampton-class frigate Gefion. She was somewhat guarded about it as she didn't let her new friends Leon Sakaki and Mina Forte know about it until much later.
During the Ouroboros Aura of 2060 AD, Leon and Mina traveled to the desert town of Jurgen to look for a certain songstress. Instead they ran into the the legendary test pilot Isamu Alva Dyson, who challenged Leon to a Vanquish Race (to learn more about the Vanquish Races, look up Macross The Ride). Unfortuntely for Leon, his current Valkyrie was outmatched by the power of Isamu's YF-19, suffering an engine overheat. Having a flair for dramatics, Aisha decided that a rematch was the perfect way to show off the capabilities of her new prototype and led Leon to the hangar where the YF-30 Chronos was stored. After showing him the different systems, he launched and challenged Isamu to another race. This time he was more than a match for Dyson, easily outpacing even the highly optimized YF-19. This also turned into the YF-30's combat debut as the pair where bounced by a Valkyrie squadron from the NUNS HAVAMAL task force, led by none other than Brera Sterne in his VF-27 Lucifer and Isamu's old friend/rival Guld Goa Bowman in his YF-21. Leon, in the YF-30, was able to outmaneuver the enemy forces and even shoot some down, but Isamu was hit by Brera and forced down.
Pleased with the impromptu results, Aisha allowed Leon to sortie in the YF-30 on several more occasions to continue to evaluate its combat performance. Its next major battle occured when they attempted to remove the AI Sharon Apple's control of the Vajra, as she was being controlled by the HAVAMAL task force (this should technically be true; the main game only allows you to fly the YF-30 twice: once during the race and again during the Final Chapter. However, the cinematic for the Sharon Apple battle shows Leon's IFF being broadcast from the YF-30). This battle had Leon, SMS Ouroboros and their allies and the Macross Quarter up against a Bishop-class Vajra Mothership under Sharon's control. The YF-30's speed, maneuverability and firepower enabled it to strike mortal blows against the mothership and helped the others to disable Sharon and rescue Myung Lone Fang. Sometime later, Leon had completed a test of the YF-30 when Aisha, whose cybernetic implant had been hijacked by HAVAMAL, kidnapped Mina Forte. Leon, accompanied by the Macross Quarter and the legendary pilots and songstresses of the past, sortied to rescue her. Using the YF-30 and accompanied by Alto Saotome in his YF-29 Durandal, Leon was able to carve up the HAVAMAL defenses and penetrate Glastheim Fortress. They didn't find the girls there, instead they were forced to engage HAVAMAL's second-in-command, Leon's old friend turned rival Rod Baltomar, piloting a YF-29B Perceval. Unfortunately for Baltomar, the YF-30 and its pilot where much more than a match for his modified 29. However, Rod's delaying action gave HAVAMAL leader Ushio Todo enough time to activate the ancient Protoculture weapon they had been researching. Yurva Arga, one of the Protoculture's EVIL-Series bio-weapons had enough power to rewrite history itself (good thing the Protodeviln never got it, eh?) and when activated, encased itself in a protective bubble to hide its true form. Leon attempted to use the YF-30 and its Fold Dimensional Resonance System to penetrate the sphere but the system lost power and Leon became stuck. Just when he lost hope, Basara Nekki arrived in his VF-19Kai and with the Fire Valkyrie's Sound Booster (and a rousing rendition of Totsugeki Love Heart) Leon was able to break through the barrier, the FDRS seemingly generating a bird-like aura around the Chronos. Leon then engaged Yurva Arga and Ushio Todo directly. After slicing into the weapon's body and rescuing Aisha and Mina, he then dealt a final blow to the weapon, destroying it and Todo together.
All in all, the YF-30 proved itself an able combatant and worthy of the legacy of the Valkyries, although it remains to be seen wether the Chronos will be seen in any SMS units off of Ouroboros or wether there will be a VF-30 version.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:12 pm 
Gun-toting Patlabor Pilot

OK, first up is SMS. 8)

SMS OUROBOROS

Mecha
SV-51 Alpha (game version)
SV-51 Gamma (game version)
VB-6 Konig Monster
VF-0A Phoenix
Shin's VF-0A
VF-0D (including the blue and white version Shin and Edgar flew)
VF-0S (game version)
Roy's Skull Leader VF-0S
VF-1A Valkyrie (game version)
VF-1A (DYRL Skull Squadron variants)
VF-1J (game version)
Hikaru's TV VF-1J
Milia's VF-1J
VF-1S (game version)
Roy's VF-1S
Hikaru's VF-1S
Reguld battle pods, all variants
TV version Nousjaduel-Ger Powered Armor
Queadluun-Rau powered armor (game version)
Milia's Q-Rau
VF-11B Thunderbolt and Super variant
Isamu's VF-11B
VF-11C and Super variant
Mina Forte's VF-11C
YF-19 (game version) (FAST Pack option)
Isamu's YF-19 plus FAST pack
VF-19A
VF-19E Aisha Custom
VF-19F
VF-19S
Basara's VF-19 "Fire Valkyrie"