Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions

Post subject: Misplaced Mechs?
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:15 am 
AEUG Slapping Boy

I've noticed a number of profiles listed in strange places, for example, the Zeta category includes the GM Cannon II and Dra-C from 0083, and the Advanced Hazel from AOZ -- all of which were created long after Zeta, and so far as I can recall, never in the original series.

Were these retconned into Zeta in later manga? Should there at least be a footnote about their inclusion?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:25 am 
Bald Wizard

Ugh... will this damn question ever go away? The Zeta section clearly has "A New Translation" in its title and "movie trilogy" in its format listings. Obviously these suits appeared in the movie trilogy. I don't see why this has been such a constant source of confusion.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:26 am 
Traitor Villain

As pointed out countless times before, those all appeared as cameos in the fairly recent Zeta Gundam: A New Translation movie trilogy.

EDIT: Ninja'd by teh boss man. :P

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:30 am 
Master of Mecha

On the other hand, if people keep asking about it, then maybe the listings aren't as clear as they could be. It might not hurt to put "(A New Translation)" or "(movies only)" or something after the mecha name.

-- Mark

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:34 am 
Bald Wizard

toysdream wrote:
On the other hand, if people keep asking about it, then maybe the listings aren't as clear as they could be. It might not hurt to put "(A New Translation)" or "(movies only)" or something after the mecha name.

-- Mark

I think perhaps it might be more people just ignoring obvious pieces of information, such as the section name and format. But since the damn question won't go away, I might have to do that.

EDIT: To end this once and for all, I went and added "(movies only)" for Zeta, as well as MSG for the Core Booster. Also went ahead and did the same for SEED and DESTINY, since the Special Edition additions have also been questioned in the past.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions