Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:08 pm 
Cardboard Leo Ace

The machine listed as "Gundam 'Alex' FSWS Type" in the Model Kit Instructions variations is mislabeled. This is actually an artist's impression of the FA-78-1 Full Armor Gundam. The colors match the original Gundam, and if you zoom in on the upper right chest (which is very difficult with the image here, but much easier with the actual kit booklet), you can see the model number "FA-78-1".

If needed, I can attempt to get my booklet image scanned.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:14 pm 
Bald Wizard

Thanks. Someone had previously pointed this out, but I had lost that information before being able to make any change. This sort of thing is best suited for the Old Gundam profile corrections thread, so please post this kind of stuff there in the future.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:03 pm 
Newtype Emo Guy

Just one note: If I recall correctly, the name of the FA-78-1 redesign translates to simply "FSWS Prototype" or "FSWS Test Type". It may have been left ambiguous, so as not to specify whether it's meant to be the original Full Armor Gundam or if there was another Full Armor unit, besides the original and the Heavy Gundam, preceding the Alex.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:18 pm 
Master of Mecha

asterphage wrote:
Just one note: If I recall correctly, the name of the FA-78-1 redesign translates to simply "FSWS Prototype" or "FSWS Test Type".

Literally, it's labeled "FSWS Test Plan." This implies that it's a paper plan that was never actually built. Judging from the mixture of Alex and classic Gundam elements in the design, I think it may have been intended as some kind of transitional design showing how the Full Armor Type evolved into the Alex we know today.

-- Mark

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions