Questions regarding Code Geass and Gundam 00

Lineart, documentation and archive corrections can be submitted here.
Kira_Lee
Mecha Flunky

Questions regarding Code Geass and Gundam 00

Post by Kira_Lee » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:20 pm

I have finished watching Code Geass and recently started watching Gundam 00, and I have a few questions regarding both these series....(though I know that the latter is still early)

1) In regards to the Britannian Empire, do you think it is a reference to the American involvement in the war in Iraq as of the Britannian Empire's invasion of Japan?

2) Lelouch is compared to Light Yagami in "Death Note" a lot, that they both receive a special power which they decide to use intentionally to change the world for the better. In a way, are their characteristics a parallel to being idealogical but misguided (and ultimately corrupted) in their actions?

3) I'm a bit confused about this from Gundam 00, what is the concept of the orbital elevator and how does it work?

4) The Gundams are run by a GN Drive? Just how does that work and how does this Celestial Being's Gundam exclusive technology make it superior over all the other mobile suits from the other factions?

5) Could Celestial Being be compared to an independent organized military force like Mithril from "Full Metal Panic", through the fact they intervene in other conflicts by intervention?

ShadowCell
Traitor Villain

Post by ShadowCell » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:24 pm

First of all, your first question seems iffy to me. Discussion of politics, especially politics as divisive as the Iraq war, is not allowed here. Having not seen Code Geass, I can't say for sure, but "the war in Iraq" is raising so many alarms in my mind that it'd probably be best to just err on the side of caution.

Your second question is better suited to this forum, I think (having not seen Code Geass, I can't say for sure).

Your third and fourth questions are better suited to this thread.

And your fifth question is better suited to this thread, although Gundam 00 is so new and so few of its episodes have been aired that you're probably not going to get an answer right now that doesn't consist of mostly speculation.

Incidentally, you could also ask them in the Mailbox thread, I guess.

As such, this thread is unofficially locked.