Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:16 am 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

In the Gundam Seed Frame Astrays section, if you follow the link of the Civilian Astray 0 custom it brings you to the Blue Frame. Unless I am completly mistaken for thinking its blue frame.
http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/frameastra ... jg73-0.htm

Also the link on the Manga, Novels and Sidestories, "Char's Return", right under Bandai, brings us to This Page Does Not Exsist.

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."

Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:36 am 
Determined Shonen Hero

Look closely at the head and shoulders: The colors are those of Blue Frame Second, but the head and arms are those of the original Blue Frame. Of the official Blue Frame configurations, only Second G has those colors and the original head, and only Fourth has the original arm - this is neither one.

What it is, IIRC, is a fanmade custom mod based on a Blue Frame kit, given the name "Astray 0 Custom" - I don't know if it ever appeared in Vol2 of Frame Astrays or not, though it's certainly not in Vol1.

"Outer Space has a bad habit of sending menacing objects to Earth"

Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:45 pm 

It appeared together with Lukas' breakaway faction alongside Raigo and such. I don't know if it was ever shown participating in anything or if it was just that one preview shot, but it was there while Gai decidedly had Blue Frame Third somewhere else, so it's been explained as a Civilian Astray modified to look like Blue Frame, similar to the second version of Mars Jacket. The bandaged up mummy Astray Black Frame from the same contest did result in Red Frame appearing in that form while it fought in the last chapter though.

Frame Astrays' listings are a little wonky in general, but I can't say I know how to sort them out right now.

However, I may as well get to the Vs. Astray update typo watch: somewhere in converting things to match the standard Strike profile more closely, "wing saw x2" became "wung saw x1" on the site, and the vulcans on Hail Buster ended up listed as "120mm anti-ship vulcan x3" instead of "120mm 3 barrel anti-ship vulcan x2". It's nice to have all these Astray pages updated to start with so I'm not terribly perturbed about it, but it should probably be brought up.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:21 pm 
Cardboard Leo Ace

sorry for my bad English but as I said before, I am just an Chinese international student in Australia.So.......
Recently, when I reading the information in MAHQ's data base I find out that there two mistakes:
1. For the M.S. gelgoog 14FS( appeared in gundam 0083) it says that it just gets a heavy beam rife, which in incorrect. That one in fact is a beam maching gun that can doing runing fire. The evidence is showed in the animation gundam 0083.(14fs vs gp01 before equiped F.B. system) and also there are some spec notes for this. However, now I am not be able to give this but as I read before, I mean, the notes, it also said that it is a beam maching gun which is modified from cartridge weapon after one year war.
2.For the M.S. in gundam turn a, it says that SUMO, turn a and turn x's powerplant are all fusion reactors, which is incorrect. Their powerplants in fact get nothing to do with nuclear fusion at all. The evidence comes from that golden sumo's model's specification. We can find out that in here G.C.P. is short for guage-collapser-pile. In both Japanese and Chinese, that kind engin is called 缩退炉. Usually that kind of engin is used as the powerplant for super robot. As I know, Gunbuster (come from the animation gunbuster) and Granzon (come from super robot war) are both using that kind of engin and also in the animation The Secret Of Blue Water (made by ganix) both that red and blue battleships are using it. Never the less, due to my poor English I am not be able to explain how that engin works. But anyway, they are different.
Therefore, I wise that somebody fix those two problems in data base.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:52 am 

A few corrections for ZZ:

The Jupitris should probably be moved to the civilian listing or put in a Jupiter Energy Fleet listing (the Thousand Jupiter from F91 is listed as such).

Neo Zeon has the Spacejobber "Shackles" listed as one of their units, but as far as I have seen it doesn't even appear, and the only one we see is the Spacejobber "Gator":

-Five of their Eye Zacks belonging to Mashymere's Endra II use them when they encounter the Nahel Argama for the first time.
-Four Zakus are using them for their attacks on a couple of spaceboats before the Nahel Argama reaches Side 3.

Neo Zeon forces use the Base Jabbers as their sub flight system, while the AEUG and Karaba use Doda Kais. Neither side seems to use the other's sub flight system.

At least one Asshimar is seen among Glemy's rebellion forces. Also, the Blue Team's Gelgoog has a commander's antenna, so it should be considered a MS-14S, not a regular MS-14A.

Next we have an odd situation: the Desert Zaku which is not listed under Neo Zeon, and the Zaku Tanker which shouldn't be listed under it, but basically under every other military faction:

-The MS-06D should be included, since during the Battle at Dakar at night, a few blue Desert Zakus can be seen, but their color makes them difficult to see, though one is using a machinegun and another can be seen holding a heat tomahawk. Finally, just before Karaba's GM IIIs begin their attack, a Desert Zaku in normal colors using a machinegun can be seen.

On the other hand, the Zaku Tanker is used by the African Liberation Front, Zeon Remnants (Rommel's forces had one hidden, although it's either not deployed or destroyed off screen) and even AEUG (probably stolen from the African Liberation Front), but not by Neo Zeon itself.

During the attack on Galdai, all the Zaku Tankers belong to the African Liberation Front. If these are considered to belong to Neo Zeon, so should the MS-06Ds transported on them.

The only time it could be considered to be used by Neo Zeon, is when Glemy uses the Blue Team's Zaku Tanker to attack the Gundam team after all of the Blue Team's MS have been either destroyed or disabled, but at this time Glemy was working for the Blue Team, so I leave it up to Chris judgement.

However, this situation leads us to a few more cases when we need to consider if the faction a machine belongs ot is affected by it's pilots faction:

-First are the Capules and Zaku Mariners, which are piloted by civilians on their second attack to the Argama. If Glemy is considered to belong to Neo Zeon when he pilots the Zaku Tanker, then these units should also be listed under civilian.

-The second would be Tiger Baum's marine MS. Z'gok is used by Judau, while an Acguy is used by Haman, so these machines should probably be listed under under AEUG and Neo Zeon respectively.

-The third case is Elpeo Puru: her Qubeley should be listed under AEUG.

-Chara uses the Core Top when she attempts to escape from the Argama.

Finally, we can see a couple of Rick Dias inside the Argama and even the foot of a Nemo just before Judau fights the Gallus-J the second time. I'm not quite sure in this case, but I suppose the Rick Dias could be listed among their MS. On the other hand, all we see of a Nemo is a foot just before the Rick Dias are seen (please correct me if I'm mistaken on this one).

Post Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:18 pm 
Bald Wizard

The MS-14A will stay, but it needs to be moved. It does appear in the series, piloted by Masai, but obviously not as part of the African Liberation Front. As for Rick Diases on the Argama, I'll have to check the episode. It could be representative of there being actual Rick Diases, or it could be stock footage from Zeta and no one noticed the error. Given that the Rick Dias team was wiped out in Zeta and it doesn't appear otherwise in ZZ, if they had any, I think they would've had people use them.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:39 pm 
Determined Shonen Hero

Tripped across this one by coincidence, and I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but here it is:
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/g/jdg-00x.htm
Quote:
After the Devil Gundam left Tokyo, it followed Domon Kasshu to South America's Guyana Highlands, where he had gone to train to fight Master Asia. After a fierce battle, Domon destroyed the Devil Gundam with his GF13-017NJ Shining Gundam.

In the Devil Gundam's profile, the above reference to the Shining Gundam actually links to the Kowloon Gundam's profile

"Outer Space has a bad habit of sending menacing objects to Earth"

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:05 pm 
War-ending Idol Singer

Spot a funny typo. 00 Gundam's profile note 00's height as 18.9 meters (60 centimeters taller than 00 Raiser and 00 Seven Sword :mrgreen: ).

I have check official site and it say 18.3 meters. And while we list it as overall height, it's actually head height (same as all variants).

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:58 pm 
Traitor Villain

Some random old profile bits that have come up recently (And offer me a great way to kill some time during commercials on Monday Night Football :mrgreen:) ...

In the Gelgoog Commander Type profile, it says that 30 test units were built, with 29 going to the Ace Corps and one going to Char, but really only 25 were built.

Another off number. The YMS-08A High Mobility Prototype only have five units built, not eight. Also, the name of the unit at the top of the page only says "High Mobility Type", while everywhere else it is listed as "High Mobility Prototype".

The GM II profile says it replaced the GM as the Federation's mainstay MS, and has a link to the original GM profile. However, the GM II actually replaced the GM Kai, which is what the profile should say and link to.

And finally, the Colony Corporation Ship from 0083 is also seen among the Federation units during the Delaz Fleet attack on Solomon in Episode 9, during a part where Zeon MS attack a Federation defense satellite and then are attacked by a swarm of GM Kais, so it should be listed among the Federation Forces units as well.

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:42 pm 
Newtype Emo Guy

In the Gundam 00 section, the Ahead's profile says it only has one beam saber. In episode 1, it was shown with two sabers when Barack's unit was fighting the Exia Repair.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:23 am 
AEUG Slapping Boy

mcred23 wrote:
And finally, the Colony Corporation Ship from 0083 is also seen among the Federation units during the Delaz Fleet attack on Solomon in Episode 9, during a part where Zeon MS attack a Federation defense satellite and then are attacked by a swarm of GM Kais, so it should be listed among the Federation Forces units as well.

Actually, that isn't the Colony Corporation ship. It's a Federation patrol ship. The Colony Corporation ship is mislabeled as the Camouflaged Ferry Ship under the Zeon listing.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:03 pm 
Der Bigen Slicen

In a correction to one of my own profiles, the Gundam War CCG gives the model number for the Mass Production Quavarze from Crossbone as "EMS-VEX1" (current version is "VSX1").

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:21 am 
Mecha Flunky

Say there,

I noticed that the AMX-003 (MMT-1) Gaza-C, AMX-006 Gaza-D, and AMX-008 Ga-Zowmnn list their Knuckle Busters as being "powered by rechargeable energy cap." But as I understand it, a Knuckle Buster has its own, dedicated, built-in power generator. This would mean there's no E-Cap, as there's no need for one. Right?

Also, the Gaza-C and Gaza-D have their Knuckle Busters listed under "Optional hand armament"... This is also not quite right, I think. I mean, although their Knuckle Busters are hand-operated in MS mode, their Knuckle Busters are still attached TO their bodies. So they shouldn't really be listed under "optional hand" armament. They're actually "fixed armament," wouldn't you say?

Thanks all!

Grebo

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:43 am 
Creepy Bishonen

dunno if this has been brought up here before, but this screen from episode 11 of 08th ms team shows a gm ground type with a gundam hammer (the one without thrusters), and i think this should be placed among the optional hand armaments for gm ground type.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:04 am 
Traitor Villain

PowerdGNFlag wrote:
dunno if this has been brought up here before, but this screen from episode 11 of 08th ms team shows a gm ground type with a gundam hammer (the one without thrusters), and i think this should be placed among the optional hand armaments for gm ground type.

Except that it isn't a GM Ground Type, it's an RX-79[G] Gundam. You can tell this by the backpack prong-thingys that are used to hold the storage container, as well as the different legs (Clearly shown on the left one that is up in the air). That's why the Gundam hammer is already listed among the RX-79[G]'s weapons. 8)

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:41 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

oops! my bad. didn't notice that detail. thanks for correcting.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:45 pm 
Traitor Villain

In the profiles for the Hizack and Marasai, both say that their beam rifle is "powered by rechargeable energy cap". However, both use the same design of rifle, which is actually powered by a replaceable e-pac, which is what it ought to say (As it does for other MS that use e-pacs, such as the Gundam Mark II).

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:52 am 
AEUG Slapping Boy

well, I just finished watching Zeta Gundam on Anime News Network, and...after looking at the Baund Doc profile, I'm wondering about the yellow one. It says it's Jerid Messa's, but as I recall, the one he used had the same colors as Rosamia's. What is that yellow one doing there?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:47 am 
War-ending Idol Singer

I asked similar question long ago, back when GOUF was online IIRC.

The answer is, he suppose to pilot the yellow one. But animators appear to miss the note and have him use regular pink instead.

Post Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:32 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

Among the armaments of the AMS-119 Geara Doga Heavy Weapons Type (in the CCA-MSV section) the current profile lsists a "20cm rangebruno gun". This weapon should be correctly spelled as "Lange Bruno gun", as it's named after a 28cm railway cannon built in Germany during 1937, the "Lange Bruno" SK L/45 Kanone Eisenbahn (where "Lange Bruno" literaly means "Long Bruno").
Indeed, on the original drawings from the first edition of B-Club's MS Encyclopedia, this Geara Doga variant sports the very eloquent "20cm lgBrK" marking (obviously standing for 20cm lange Bruno Kanone").
By the way, the same armament is used by Angelo Sauper's AMS-129 Geara Zulu.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions