Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:15 pm 
Bald Wizard

I've been wanting to do this for awhile, but now seems as good a time to bring it into solid form. While there are threads with people making new contributions, I want to make this a thread to specifically cover old Gundam profiles, from UC up to Turn A. Since we're always bringing up topics like errors in the Zeta section, etc, here's the chance to fix them.

Basically, this thread's purpose is to give people a spot to provide spec and profile corrections to the old profiles written by Burke Rukes, most of which were last updated in 2001 and now have a lot of outdated information. I'll already be tackling issues like the monocoque frame, so similar corrections should go here, whether its faction listings, weapons listings, specs or profile info. All corrections are acceptable, but please try to provide an information source whenever possible.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:11 pm 
Traitor Villain

I have one thats always bugged me. The Gelgoog Jager Is illustrated with vulcans mounted on it's head. They're pretty obvious even in the line art, but they can be found on the HGUC kit aswell. But you see in mostly every source i've checked they're not listed as an armament. The only place that seems to list these phantom vulcans to my knowledge is Gundam Official.

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:26 pm 
Traitor Villain

I also find it interesting that the Gelgoog Jäger profile doesn't have the umlaut over the "a" as it's supposed to, while the Kämpfer does have it.

Make sure to check out the RPG section - We're about to start a new VOTOMS RPG!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:35 pm 
Traitor Villain

A few random things.

As Mark Simmons pointed out a few weeks ago, the GM II is actually the RMS-179, not RGM-179. Also, it's colors are listed in the radio buttons as being for "RGM-79R" and "RGM-179" colors, when they are really the Earth Federation Forces colors and Anti-Earth Union Group colors (respectively), the model numbers having nothing to due with the color of the machine. It may be worth noting that the RGM-79R refers to older machines that were upgraded into GM II's, while the RMS-179 designation refers to newly built units.

The Salamis Kai should be listed in the F91 mecha section. At least one appears briefly early in the movie as Crossbone (IIRC) Ebirhu-S units destroy it's bridge while it's in port.

As we've been mentioning in a thread in the anime section, the Alexandria class (refit) Hario, is shown in Zeta (In Episode 11) with an EFSF crew, carrying MS that are in EFSF colors (Specifically, Hizacks and Zaku Cannons), and so it should be listed in the Earth Federation Forces category rather than the Titans.

The HFW-GR·MR82-90mm machine gun should be listed under the basic RGM-79 GM's weapons. It's already shown in the picture of the MS IGLOO version of the GM, but it's not listed among the machine's weapons.

Also, in an error I know someone pointed out once before but was never corrected, the image of the large missile launcher for the GM III is upside down, as shown in images of models of the kit like this one.

EDIT: Corrected a few minor things.

EDIT 2: Added a few things.

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

Last edited by mcred23 on Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:12 am 
War-ending Idol Singer

As note in this thread, MSZ-010S and FA-010S has powerplant upgrade to 7860 kW.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:53 am 
Busty Fanservice Captain

When exactly dose Ryu pilot the Gundam, in 0079? I don't ever recall him deploying in it.

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:57 am 
Bald Wizard

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:
When exactly dose Ryu pilot the Gundam, in 0079? I don't ever recall him deploying in it.

He doesn't, but you're assuming that listing for him refers to the TV series. Given the RX-78's plethora of video game appearances, it probably refers to him piloting it there.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:18 pm 
Traitor Villain

I thought Ryu piloted Gundam long enough to fire a beam rifle while the Guntank retreated from Ramba Ral. At least, I think that happens in one of the MSG movies.

Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:27 pm 
Traitor Villain

Draco Starcloud wrote:
I thought Ryu piloted Gundam long enough to fire a beam rifle while the Guntank retreated from Ramba Ral. At least, I think that happens in one of the MSG movies.

Yup, I believe that was it. It wasn't much of a sortie, but Ryu did use the Gundam for a brief moment. I believe that scene is in both the movies and TV series (I believe in the "Amuro Deserts" episode).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:52 pm 
Hot-blooded Gattai

Okay, I have one concerning the Heavygun.
Not so much the profile, but the links in it. The links IMO should go to the Jegan Normal Type instead of the CCA version of the Jegan.
This would better fit the text "Despite its small size and the fact that its reactor output wasn't much greater than the old Jegan's" as when linking to the CCA Jegan the reactor output is vastly different than the Heavygun, but as the text says, the Normal Type seen in F91 isn't much different in output.

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:04 pm 
OMG Doomsday Laser

In the profile for the Ga-Zowmn, it says "uses AMS-06H heavil missile".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:00 am 
Traitor Villain

I noticed the profile for the Marasai doesn't list Neo Zeon among its operators, even though some Titan leftovers do throw in their lot with Neo Zeon following the end of the Gryps War. And is it at all correct to list the EFF as an operator for the Marasai?

The Rick Dias doesn't list its (admittedly) rarely-seen beam rifle under its armaments. You only see glimpses of it a few times over the course of the series, but it's there.

Also, the Musai Kai-class is listed under the Titans in Zeta Gundam, but they were Republic of Zeon vessels in the few brief appearances they make throughout Zeta. I don't believe the Titans ever used Musai Kai-class ships.

Oh, and the infamous Gundam hammer seen for an eyeblink's length in the hands of an RX-78[G] Gundam [G].

Make sure to check out the RPG section - We're about to start a new VOTOMS RPG!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:16 am 
Mysterious Masked Dude

Quote:
Also, the Musai Kai-class is listed under the Titans in Zeta Gundam, but they were Republic of Zeon vessels in the few brief appearances they make throughout Zeta. I don't believe the Titans ever used Musai Kai-class ships.

And if that is the case, then the Republic of Zeon should have the Hizack listed under their section since they constantly deploy trios of Hizacks.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:23 am 
Hot-blooded Gattai

Cardi Doorl wrote:
The Rick Dias doesn't list its (admittedly) rarely-seen beam rifle under its armaments. You only see glimpses of it a few times over the course of the series, but it's there.
It's easiest to spot when Char saves Camille (using Apoly's black Rick Dias) on the moon towards the end of his battle with Jerid and his Galbaldy Beta.
Here and here.

I noticed something else while randomly viewing profiles, namely that of ye olde GM.
It only lists the Hyper Bazooka as being used by Jack Bayard's unit, however I have evidence that shows it would be optional armament for and RGM-79 GM. First, the MG model has the weapon included and there is this screen cap that is from either the series or one of the movies (admittedly I don't know which). Note that the GM just below the port gun turret on the Magellan is carrying a hyper bazooka similar, if not identical to, the one carried by the Gundam.
Thus I recommend that the hyper bazooka be listed as an optional hand armament for all GMs like the beam spray gun is.

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:40 am 
Monster of the Week

The Rick Dias's beam rifle isn't the Rick Dias's beam rifle however. It's just the beam rifle of a Galbaldy Beta that they probably attained from the previous fight with a Galbaldy Beta. The question then arises of wanting to list weapons attained in fights cause then you'd have to list the Mark II's beam saber for the Asshimar and the Zeta's beam saber for the Geze and so on. Which I don't see as very pointful.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:09 am 
Traitor Villain

Someone here posted screencaps of Rick Dias using that same kind of Beam Rifle around the time of the Jaburo battle, I think.

Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:13 am 
Monster of the Week

Which doesn't change the fact at all, it just means they held onto the beam rifle for a short while. MAHQ should probably stick to standardized armaments for the suit and not various pickups. Another great example is the Hyaku Shiki using a random chunk of metal as a shield. :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:25 am 
Traitor Villain

Wingnut wrote:
I noticed something else while randomly viewing profiles, namely that of ye olde GM.
It only lists the Hyper Bazooka as being used by Jack Bayard's unit, however I have evidence that shows it would be optional armament for and RGM-79 GM. First, the MG model has the weapon included and there is this screen cap that is from either the series or one of the movies (admittedly I don't know which). Note that the GM just below the port gun turret on the Magellan is carrying a hyper bazooka similar, if not identical to, the one carried by the Gundam.
Thus I recommend that the hyper bazooka be listed as an optional hand armament for all GMs like the beam spray gun is.

Also, IIRC, much like the 90mm machine gun I mentioned before, I believe GM's appear armed with hyper bazookas in MS IGLOO, and of course, I believe it's shown up in various video games as well. It definitely should be listed as an optional hand armament.

Staying on the subject of the GM, I believe the parts listed as "Adam Stingray unit only" and "Jack Bayard unit only" (The extra beam saber and bazooka rack) are rarely seen extras, rather than customs of their respective units. Both upgrades are part of the MG kit, and I want to say that one of the IGLOO GM's had a bazooka rack as well, but I'm sure if one actually did or not.

Mark064 wrote:
The Rick Dias's beam rifle isn't the Rick Dias's beam rifle however. It's just the beam rifle of a Galbaldy Beta that they probably attained from the previous fight with a Galbaldy Beta.

Well, we know it looks like the Galbaldy Beta's beam rifle, but do we know it actually came from there? It is a Zeon weapon (The Gelgoog used nearly the same weapon) and how Anaheim loves those sorts of things, so they could have easily made their own version that got issued to a few Rick Dias (Which, IMO, seems somewhat more plausable than them carrying around a Galbaldy Beta's beam rifle and them showing up at almost random points in time). Besides, unlike events like the Asshimar using the Mark II's beam saber (Which we see is just something done in haste in the middle of a single battle), the beam rifle is used by the Rick Dias is done so deliberately on at least two occasions.

EDIT: A few other things...

First, the GM's profile reads "bazooka, stored in bazooka right behind right shoulder;", which I believe is ment to say "rack".

The second is for the profile of the RGM-79[E]. It says it serves as the basis for the RGM-79 GM, however, it more directly influenced the RGM-79C GM Kai which was based directly on the RGM-79[E]. On that note, the GM Kai profile should say it's based on the RGM-79[E] GM Precession Type rather than the basic RGM-79 GM, as both the RGM-79 and RGM-79C were developed on their own, at their own bases (The basic GM on Earth, while the GM Kai was worked on totally at Luna II) and at pretty much the same time.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:33 am 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

The AEUG repeatedly fought Galbaldy Betas throughout the series, so I'm sure there was plenty of the rifles floating around to find, whether directly or in terms of post-combat salvages and such. It's about as standard of an armament for the Rick Dias as the AEUG's Clay Bazooka was for the Titans created Gundam Mk.II, anyways.

Marasai listed under EFF is a fairly reasonable argument, since they're rather widely mass produced as an upgrade to the Hizack, and IIRC, probably appeared in groupings with blue, EFSF Hizacks (well, definitely Galbaldy Betas anyways, though that could make a better argument for the Galbaldy being listed for Titans, Jerid and all). I seem to remember such a thing being mentioned before, but one would definitely have to find a source on that one anyways. (in fact, I may be thinking of the Asshimar, which could probably be fairly plausibly stuck in EFF, since Buran wasn't really a proper Titan at first, and they're seen at EFF bases)

It's a tricky thing to split hairs between EFF and Titans, since the Titans would repeatedly draft in EFF forces, and they may or may not be made Titans themselves at some stage in the process (ie, an EFSF unit could be ordered to fight alongside the Titans for one battle, but become a full fledged Titans team by the next one)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:17 pm 
Bald Wizard

One thing I've been thinking about to reduce all this hair splitting between EFF and Titans is to just simply combine them together. They're both related organizations, so I don't know why Burke originally listed them separately, yet in the same section lists AEUG and Karaba together. That would certainly make things easier.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions