Huge mass of Macross Lineart found!

Lineart, documentation and archive corrections can be submitted here.
Red Zaku
Mysterious Masked Dude

Huge mass of Macross Lineart found!

Post by Red Zaku » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:57 pm

In what little spar time I have lately I found a website with a ton of Macross art that's actually in color and high quality. We might want to work out a trade for using their images. http://www.un-spacy-qmtdb.com/M3.html
"I'M THE CRIMSON LIGHTNING DAMNIT!" - Johnny Ridden

Draco Starcloud
Traitor Villain

Post by Draco Starcloud » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:09 pm

They're very detailed. Heck, they acknowledge Burke Rukes as the inspiration for their profile template.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10

Kuruni
Der Bigen Slicen

Post by Kuruni » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:09 am

Hold on, I saw link at GEARS Online last month and realise we can't use any linearts. Take close look at VF-0's profile, copyright text...
C. Wilson - Article Writer, Image Clean-Up And Colorist.
In other word, they're custom linearts. Unless Chiris or someone else contact the author to use them, we can't use any.
My girlfriend was a loli.

MrMarch
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Post by MrMarch » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:39 pm

Wow, that guy put together a fantastic website! I don't think anyone has ever seen the Macross mecha colored like that, in very high resolution images too!

You know, there's this thread in the MAHQ Advertisements section that I think is about this site. That forum just doesn't get enough attention.

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=4578

:wink:

Chris
Bald Wizard

Post by Chris » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:26 pm

As Kuruni pointed out, the lineart on Macross Mecha Manual is custom-colored, by MrMarch. Although the lineart is well-done and high quality, I'm personally not interested in replacing all of MAHQ's Macross lineart with custom work. I'd prefer to wait until someone can come along with higher quality colored official scans.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006