Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:39 am 
Newtype Emo Guy

Missing from the Pailsen Files section are the ATH-14-ST Standing Tortoise and the "Balarant new military model AT".

Also, besides the new design, the Pailsen Files official site has the series' own line art for the Scopedog, Di-Beetle, St-Tortoise, and Fatty. Will MAHQ not be using those?

Last edited by asterphage on Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:56 am 
Bald Wizard

No, we won't be using that CG lineart. Unlike something like IGLOO, where the mecha are redesigned versions, the mecha in Pailsen are just CG renditions of their anime counterparts, not redesigns.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:43 am 
Newtype Emo Guy

I'm not referring to the CG renders, but the greyscale shaded drawings in the style of the "Balarant new AT" image I linked above.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:13 pm 
Bald Wizard

asterphage wrote:
I'm not referring to the CG renders, but the greyscale shaded drawings in the style of the "Balarant new AT" image I linked above.

The same principle applies - those shaded drawings are the exact same designs. I'd only use them for new mecha like that Balarant AT, if that was the only type available.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:05 pm 
Newtype Emo Guy

Actually, the Pailsen Files designs all have small modifications. The CG color art skews somewhat closer to the original anime versions, so some of the changes are more easily noticed in the monochrome art - but besides subtle changes to the ATs' proportions, the details have been revised, including new designs for the Scopedog's elbow joint, the down-form mechanism in the back of the Fatty's legs, and so on; the addition of shoulder handles and arm punches to the Standing Tortoise, in the manner of the Standing Turtle variant; and the CG color art for the Fatty is actually a new variant, similar to the Fatty Land Type A but with a left arm structurally identical to the space-type Fatty.

Also, the MAHQ section on Pailsen Files still doesn't list the Standing Tortoise, this new Fatty land type variant, or the New Balarant AT.

Anyway, I've got to get off Firefox now to free up RAM for Photoshop, but in an hour or two I'll have new line art for the Blocker and St. Tortoise Mk.II from the original anime.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:06 am 
Newtype Emo Guy

Here's the Blocker:
http://www.recognizer.net/mahq/votoms/b-atm-01.jpg

More to come.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:16 am 
Bald Wizard

Thanks for the lineart. I'll have to look at that CG lineart more closely for these differences. And I hope I don't come across as rude, but I'm well aware of what the Pailsen Files section is missing and don't need to be reminded. That's really not a priority now until I finish some other things. There's only so much I can do at a time when I'm the only one who does updates.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:18 pm 
Mecha Flunky

In episode 12, the guide says:
Quote:
Unfortunately for Merowlink, the war between the Gilgamesh and Balarant resumes at the same time. That would place this episode around the same time as the epilogue of VOTOMS episode 52, one year after the battle at Quent.

This is incorrect. The entire OAV series takes place before the Votoms TV series. The war between the superpowers RESUMES. They were simply in a period of peace talk negotiations. That breaks down and the war is on again.

Bertman

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions