Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:10 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

I'm ok I would speak liked about this series. And for is FSS it good?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:58 pm 
OMG Doomsday Laser

Umm..how about the King of brave mecha series..?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:51 pm 
Bald Wizard

Nightwing03 wrote:
Umm..how about the King of brave mecha series..?

Uhh, have you ever noticed that we already have a Brave section?

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:23 am 
War-ending Idol Singer

I guess he miss previous page, this thread isn't for requesting mecha section.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:33 am 
Determined Shonen Hero

I'd suggest Gin-iro no Olynssis, but there ain't too many significant mecha in it.
And it's short. BUT IT'S SO GOOD.

Aw heck. I'll suggest it anyway.

Anime News Network wrote:
Gin-iro no Olynssis
Plot summary: t is the year 3567 and an Olynssis barrier that disrupts space and time covers all of Earth. The planet is also being overrun by organic machines called Gardeners, which seek to exterminate all humans on the planet. Tokito Aizawa is part of a group of hunters who destroys Gardeners and sells the scraps. Although, after encountering a girl named Tea, who calls him 'Koichi', and her machine, Silver, his life becomes more complicated.

The plot summary here's a bit oversimplified, but I'm too lazy to write my own :P

"Outer Space has a bad habit of sending menacing objects to Earth"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:34 am 
Gun-toting Patlabor Pilot

I'd like to nominate Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion. It's a great show with some really unique mecha, but they don't steal the focus away from the human cast. Not to mention, the main character is a certified badass.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:12 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

I second that nomination. To add to the description, for once the main character doesn't get the be-all-end-all mech; his antagonist does, which is sweet on so many levels.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 am 
Creepy Bishonen

The Big O , I highly recommend this anime.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:49 am 
Lackey GM Pilot

Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Probably the greatest anime ever created. 110 eps may be a little hard to review though.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:26 am 
Cardboard Leo Ace

Full Metal Panic series. There're so many thing can be reviewed on: the 3 Animated shows, the manga, and the novel version.
If you want I can also help with the summarization of the novels (particularly BOMF/MMD) but I can't guarantee with that.

Except there may have some translation problem.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:37 am 
Mecha Flunky

How about Xenosaga, that would be short and sweet for the fans.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:12 am 
Mecha Flunky

heres a good sudjestion (IMO) how anout The Big O?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:40 pm 
AEUG Slapping Boy

HunterSeeker wrote:
Full Metal Panic series. There're so many thing can be reviewed on: the 3 Animated shows, the manga, and the novel version.
If you want I can also help with the summarization of the novels (particularly BOMF/MMD) but I can't guarantee with that.

Except there may have some translation problem.

I second that, Full Metal Panic is Great and it provides a lot of matrial for reviews and mecha sections. It would be a great anime to do.

“Keiretsu!”
“Tempa Kyoran!”
“Look! The East is burning red!”
-Master Asia

Click me!, Click me!

Post subject: Re: Suggest a Series
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:32 am 
OMG Doomsday Laser

Ok so I KNOW this is a really old thread posting in and all.
So if by any chance it's not being used or suggestions not taken in advance I would like to apologize in advance.

But if not I had a few series I was hoping to see get reviews on MAHQ if possible.
Bubblegum Crisis and Bubblegum Crash.
Bubblegum Crisis 2040.
Godannar
Gravion and Zwei
Mazin kaiser

So that was all I was hoping for MIGHT get done if anyone would be willing to take those up.
I always thought the BBGC would be on MAHQ by now, such an awesome series and fits MAHQ very well.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:09 pm 
Monster of the Week

I fourth (fifth?) those that suggested Big O if it ever gets added to the anime section of the site. I also second with Mu on Gravion. There are two series I'm surprised no one mentioned though:

1. Combat Mecha Xabungle

Created by Tomino, this series has a similar setting to Gundam X and Turn A Gundam. It is a little whacky at times, but it is very mech-ish and I have yet to see any sites dedicated to it. It's 50 episodes and an OVA, compared to most sections it would seem somewhat easy.

2. Metal Armor Dragonar

Also created by Tomino, this Double Zeta-ish series is definitely a real robot series so I'm surprised I'm the first one even mentioning it since it is very Gundam-y. Again, a tad comedic, but it seems very easy (especially since it only had a 48 episode series). Like Xabungle I haven't seen any "shrine sites" dedicated to it, only thing I've seen with good info is the site's mecha section on it and even then (no offense to the staff) there are a few things vehicle-wise missing.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:48 am 
OMG Doomsday Laser

Been thinking would someone like to do Overman King Gainer and offer up a more friendly or positive review then ANN did? :P

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:32 pm 
Oblivious Harem Loser

Panzer World Galient:

One of the original Mecha/Fantasy shows (think Dunbine or Escaflowne) directed by Ryousuke Takahashi (the man behind VOTOMs, Layzner and Blue Gender) A tale of deposed prince Jordy Volder and his quest to liberate earth from the mysterious Mardar. A few Star Trek like elements and plenty of mideval styling combine into one dense tale.

If you are interested there is some good lineart and official Stats for the machines available on the series websight

Brave Police J-Decker

The Pinocchio tale about robots gaining real emotions and becoming human thanks to the unintentional efforts of a young boy named Yuuta. Some very enjoyable character drama with splashes of light humor.

Again it is worth noting that there is good line-art and official stats for =Every= brave series at the official websight http://www.yusha.net/

If you are interested I might be able to write reviews for these series (though it could take a bit of time especially for J-Decker)

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:03 am 
OMG Doomsday Laser

Dancougar Nova
Strain
DaiGuard

There could be more to add, kind of getting ideas from stuff that I've simillarly suggested for anime spotlight ideas in the Gundamn sub-forum.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:09 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

<_<

>_>

Super Dimension Century Orguss? :mrgreen:

I believe I read awhile back of there possibly being an Orguss addition to the site, but I could be wrong.

The story begins in the year 2065 and the Earth is caught up in a war over a large space elevator, with two superpowers vying for control over it. Enter our protagonist Kei Katsuragi who is a hot shot ace pilot in the Freedom Space Corps, and is best friend and wing man, Orson D. Verne are apart of the mission to destroy the elevator with something called "The Space/Time Oscillation Bomb" which is supposed to transport the elevator to another dimension. The mission goes south, and the bomb is planted but never armed. Feeling all of his friends died for nothing during this fight, Kei takes it upon himself to arm and detonate the bomb. Unfortunately, the bomb goes off right as Kei armed it, and him and his friend Orson are caught in the dimensional explosion. Kei finds himself in a new dimension being rescued by several traders called "The Emaan" which are humans with tendrils connected to the head (males have one, women have two). We learn that this new dimension is a patchwork dimension of several alternate earths (including our own earth) and Kei is something called a Tokuiten, which can revert this dimensional patchwork into each of the earth's original respective states. However there is a human faction/empire called "The Terram (or the Chilam)" which seek to kidnap Kei to use him to their own ends. Kei joins the Emaan caravan ship "The Glomar" and attempts to escape the Terram/Chilam and help repair the dying world.

Now, I'm 99.5% Chris has already seen Orguss, but the post did tell me to have a plot summary. I apologize if Orguss has already been suggested, or if you are simply not going to do it, but it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread, for obvious reasons.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:13 pm 
Bald Wizard

Somehow I wasn't at all surprised by your suggestion, given your name. I have seen both Orguss and Orguss II, and they're definitely both a possibility for future addition, possibly next year.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions