Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:18 pm 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Chivvay:

Armament: triple mega particle cannon x 3; dual machine gun x 18; missile launcher x 12

While watching the QTVR of the Chivvay in the official page I noticed a third cannon below the engine that is symmetrical with the one on top of the engine.

Musai:

Armament: dual mega particle cannon x 3; large missile launcher x 2

The large missile launchers might instead be simply referred as missile launchers since the regular ones are missing.

Salamis:

Armament: mega particle cannon x 6; triple machine gun x 2; dual machine gun x 4; 8-tube missile launcher x 2; missile launcher x 8

The missile launchers are the ones that the original Salamis had built-in.

Magellan:

Armament : dual mega particle cannon x 7 ; dual machine gun x 22 ; missile launcher x 4

Yes, 22, not 14 or 20. This one is a bit trickier to notice but here goes the location:

-Six around each sub bridge, So, we have twelve at the sides.
-Two at each side at the bottom of the ship, where the first set is aligned with the sub bridge and the second set is aligned with the back-most machine guns out of the six around the each sub bridge. So we have four at the bottom
-Then, we have the two pairs around the base of the main bridge that the original Magellan had. So we have four around the base of the bridge.
-Finally there is one on each side of the main bridge. So, we have two on the bridge.

This gives us a grand total of 22 dual machine guns. If you want at the ones at the bottom, they appear more clearly in the booster equipped Magellan for their location and then just zoom a bit at the regular Magellan to see them once you have located them.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:31 pm 
Traitor Villain

It's been noted from official sources that the IGLOO version of the Magellan (The so called "High End Model") only has 20 machine guns and after doing some checking, I can't find a good picture of the ship (Be it a screenshot or of the model kit) that supports or denies your claim of 22 guns. Do you have one that shows a good view of the ship where we can see most of them (Or at least one whole side cleanly)?

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:45 pm 

Actually the kit itself has 22 MGs. Here are some pics from the instruction booklet taken from http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10044299:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/YFX-600R_GuAIZ_EFT/Magellansmachineguns.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/YFX-600R_GuAIZ_EFT/Magellansmachineguns2.jpg

In the first one there's the clean image so you can compare with the second one where the red circles indicate the location of the MGs. The MGs themselves appear in the kit as B14.

By the way, where is it listed that the small guns on the Gwazine are MGs?, especially considering that the ones on the side of the ship are placed on the area where the original Gwazine had its smaller dual mega particle cannons. The official page does not seem to indicate that they are MGs. I know we don't see them fire beams, but neither we see them firing bullets.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:58 pm 

I hate to double post , but I haven't received a reply whether the image I posted with the location of the MGs was good enough or not, nor any profile change at the MS Igloo section and the topic is already being buried, so I was just wondering what happened?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:55 am 

Triple post... still no answer.

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions