Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:06 am 
Mecha Flunky

AmuroNT1 wrote:
While the effort and enthusiasm are appreciated, MAHQ doesn't use unofficial art in its profiles. If there's no lineart for Mordred's cannons, then unfortunately it's going to have to remain that way until something crops up.

This is old but I could have sworn seeing many lineart's "fixed" or edited by folks which makes those unofficial as well. So it kinda turns into a semantics argument.

http://ryuuhiken.deviantart.com/

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:18 am 
Traitor Villain

Guys, please don't post in this thread unless you have a submission to make.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:15 am 
Gun-toting Patlabor Pilot

There's a bit of a difference here. Edited lineart, like say putting a Float Unit on a Portman II, or somebody recoloring two little bits to turn the standard Gloucester into the Glaston Knights' custom models is simply taking something we know to exist and giving it a semi-official picture. To draw the Mordred's cannon setup, one would have to resort to conjecture, and at that point we're no longer dealing with hard data.

Anyway, I'm posting because so long after the series has ended, I have a surprising piece of lineart. I recently came into possession of the Robot Damashii Gawain figure, and its manual actually has lineart for the KMF's activation key, which I've never seen up to this point.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... 01-key.jpg

Fun fact: As shown, the key is a two-parter, with each part held by one of the two pilots, which must be inserted together to operate it. An odd little design concept that I can't help but feel would have gone better on FLEIJA...not that it would have helped, with Nina's "SHOOTITNOWSHOOTITNOWSHOOTITNOW" attitude...

Post Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:59 pm 
Mecha Flunky

So now you're trying to change the definition of "official" to suit your claim? Do what you will, however the ease of changing the Modred's hadron into lineart form is quite simple that is if you bother to watch the firing sequence closely enough. However I doubt you have since you believe it to be so "impossible". In any case here's a link to said sequence http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... uhiken.jpg , the shoulder binder/hadron cannon design is quite simple, as is its firing sequence.

Post Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:40 pm 
Bald Wizard

Cool it, Saigoro. If there was any chance I was open to what you wanted to do, it's totally gone now because you acted like an ass.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:18 am 
Mecha Flunky

Chris wrote:
Cool it, Saigoro. If there was any chance I was open to what you wanted to do, it's totally gone now because you acted like an ass.

As if I care about the opinion of someone who cant even make a statement without labeling the person of opposing or different idea an "ass". I stand by my statement, how hard is it to take out the color, replace it with white and call it a lineart? Or is that too earth shattering to be allowed?. When someone can affix a float unit to where they think its supposed to be attached and call it "official"?

Post Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:15 am 
Traitor Villain

Apparently you care enough to keep checking this thread despite it being made clear that your fanart isn't going to be used on the site.

Post Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:42 am 
Mecha Flunky

ShadowCell wrote:
Apparently you care enough to keep checking this thread despite it being made clear that your fanart isn't going to be used on the site.

How is it fanart it if it traced from the show? Or has your "semi-official" art somehow escaped your mind?
As far as if it would be accepted I don't care at this point. Your lack of flexibility is quite intriguing, and of course you side with your friends even when an argument has turned tides.

Post Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:09 am 
War-ending Idol Singer

Actually, every fanart traced from show, else it will be original art :P

So far, we only use screenshot (or manga/novel scan) if it's mech itself. We never use screencap just for piece of equipment. And all screencaps are in colors. Simply turn screenshot into black and white image doesn't make it line art (one can see through it easily - detail loss is obvious). Geez, I'm pretty sure you never actually did it yourself.

And no, MAHQ never claim contributor-made lineart as "official", we alway note it's custom lineart.

Post Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:48 pm 
Mecha Flunky

Kuruni wrote:

So far, we only use screenshot (or manga/novel scan) if it's mech itself. We never use screencap just for piece of equipment. And all screencaps are in colors. Simply turn screenshot into black and white image doesn't make it line art (one can see through it easily - detail loss is obvious). Geez, I'm pretty sure you never actually did it yourself.

And no, MAHQ never claim contributor-made lineart as "official", we alway note it's custom lineart.
Quote:
MAHQ doesn't use unofficial art in its profiles
The opposite of "official" is "unofficial" claiming you dont use unofficial art means you are claiming it to be official. Meaning youve just contradicted yourself, you would be better off saying "MAHQ does not allow fanart on this site". Fanart being something completely made off the top of ones head in an attempt to make something seemingly "from" an anime/manga/game/movie. You should realize that a using a screenshot to create a lineart is perfectly fine (as youve just said it yourself), any scene is made up of several dozen frames, which through the power of technology are displayed quickly to trick your eye into "seeing" motion. Meaning if one were to stop said film and slow it to around 2-5 fps you would be able to see every frame. In any case simply calling someone an "ass" is uncalled for, and quite unbecoming of a mod or admin/senior on this site.

Post Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:49 pm 
Traitor Villain

What are you still coming here for? You've already been told your fanart isn't going to be used, and the more you whine and torture semantics, the less likely it is you're going to change anyone's mind. Are you just trolling now or what?

If you have nothing to submit in this thread, then quit posting in it.

Post Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:47 pm 
Bald Wizard

SaigoroTheLoneWolf wrote:
As if I care about the opinion of someone who cant even make a statement without labeling the person of opposing or different idea an "ass".

Given that I own MAHQ, you probably should care what I think if you're making such a big stink about trying to get stuff on the site. And get over yourself, please. I'm not calling you an ass because you have different/opposing ideas. I'm calling you an ass because you're acting like one. If you can't comment without lashing out like this at people, then don't bother commenting.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:29 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

Kuruni wrote:

Really? So I've been doing original art all along?
o.o Always thought that fan art is drawing stuff based on stuff from a show.
What's the formal definition for fan art, then?

((/bickering); respect is the first rule of dealing with people. If you quote Confucius in your Sig then you should know that. </train of thought>)

Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:23 am 
Bald Wizard

What's the point of this post? Unless you're posting lineart, mecha specs or something of the like, it has no place here.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:19 am 
Lackey GM Pilot

Location: Brittania or the Union, depends on what you perfer. (Ohio)
according to my Google translator this is the 'Akito'? Or that's the artist name. And it is a EU Special Operations KMF.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f25/k ... imgKmf.jpg

From the Official Site of Code Geass Gaidin.
http://geass.jp/akito/index.html

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:32 pm 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Sutherland Sieg model number: Type-X/RPI-13J
Large cannon is called Long Range Linear Cannon

source: ja wiki

Also, whatever happened to amuront1 image contributions? he deleted them from his account? shame, the profiles weren't even updated with his valuable info

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:10 am 

I deleted all that stuff because I was running low on space on Photobucket and because it'd been up long enough that I figured Chris had already gotten it. If that's not the case, I can certainly re-upload it.

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:23 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

Quick Tidbit: Apparantly the Composite Version Katoki Shinkirou reveals that the Shinkirou has slash harkens inside its kneecaps.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3wFaWDSth9Y/T ... 600/14.jpg

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:45 am 

Actually, that's a CVK exclusive feature. None of the official sources I've seen in the past ever indicated that the Shinkirou ever had harkens; every weapon list has only mentioned the hadron shots, phase transition cannon, and (in one instance) chaff missiles, which is presumably what Lelouch used in R2 15 to safely Geass the Emperor.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:31 pm 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

http://imageshack.us/f/835/shinkirouchaffmissile.jpg/

Shinkirou's chaff missile and miscellaneous color lineart. Source is Dengeki's Data Collection R2, since i have both seasons' scans I'm open to requests

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions