Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions

Post subject: GM Kai in igLoo?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:20 pm 
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

In Episodes 2 and 3 of igLoo: Apocalypse 0079 (last igLoo episode, and yes, that's how "Igloo" is technically written out in the title), a bunch of machines looking like GM Kais are shown fighting (in Episode 2, the only way you can tell it's them is the 4 thrusters on the backpack). MAHQ lists them as GM Kais, although I thought GM Kais weren't developed until after the war as an eventual replacement for the GM. That's also what its profile states. Are you sure these aren't GM [E]s? If so, how do you tell? AFAIK both came from the same late-'80s/early-'90s lineart Katoki did for Gundam Sentinel 0079 (not the Sentinel we're all familiar with) and his GM lineart from that time was later turned into both machines. I thought they looked exactly the same.

Anyway, I'm not trying to pick through every bit of the database, I'm just curious.

(& while we're at it, what is up with von Kuspen's left hand?)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:30 pm 
AEUG Slapping Boy

It should also be noted that the regular GMs appear in the last two episodes, but they aren't listed.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:39 am 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

The GM Kai was deployed in limited numbers during the last weeks of the war. Having not seen MS Igloo, I couldn't comment on the specific instance, but any time around Solomon/A Baoa Qu is fair game for the GM Kai to make an apperance.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:10 am 
Bald Wizard

The GM Kai has since been retconned to appear in the OYW. And yes, it's definitely the C type. The C type has a pair of roller bars on the shoulders that the E type is missing. It's an almost unnoticeable difference, but it's the only way to tell them apart visually.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:24 am 
Mysterious Masked Dude

A few recent (or not so recent, it was probably a few months ago) conversations over at Gundam Evolution more or less established that as many as half of all GMs deployed during the OYW were C types. It was presumed that all of the GMs produced by Luna II were C types, and IIRC Luna II did produce about half of all GMs deployed during the OYW. I guess Luna II moved directly from the E type to the C type (which makes sense, when you consider how alike they are). The RGM-79 was most likely produced only on Earth.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:38 am 
Retconned MSV Ace

I seem to recall having a discussion about this before in a different topic, but Chris said it best; The GM Kai was pretty much retconned into the OYW (shamlessly, in my opinion. If you look at the current profile, you can see that it's been changed.) I'm not sure about half of the GM's in the OYW being GM Kais, since they are only seen in the last weeks of the OYW, but they were definitely present in big numbers at A Baoa Qu (and possibly Solomon.)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:32 pm 
Traitor Villain

J-Lead wrote:
I seem to recall having a discussion about this before in a different topic, but Chris said it best; The GM Kai was pretty much retconned into the OYW (shamlessly, in my opinion. If you look at the current profile, you can see that it's been changed.) I'm not sure about half of the GM's in the OYW being GM Kais, since they are only seen in the last weeks of the OYW, but they were definitely present in big numbers at A Baoa Qu (and possibly Solomon.)

The thing about the numbers of GM Kai's come from MS IGLOO and simple logic. As Melchior said, it's basically assumed now that every (Or nearly every) GM that came out of Luna II was an RGM-79C GM Kai, and that Luna II never produced the standard RGM-79 GM.

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions