Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 502 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:16 pm 
Bald Wizard

Since there have been so many STARGAZER/DELTA ASTRAY topics with lineart and information, I figured it would be good to just have one centralized thread for submission. First up, here's a request:

http://bin.4chan.org/m/src/1154027635223.jpg

That scan has new lineart for the Slaughter Dagger and GINN Insurgent Type. If someone could clean them up and post the pictures here, it'd be appreciated.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Last edited by Chris on Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:20 pm 
Mod of Bling, Yo

Uhhh.. that link doesnt work very well. It redirected me to text that said "4Channel.org". :?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:33 pm 
Bald Wizard

EZero8 wrote:
Uhhh.. that link doesnt work very well. It redirected me to text that said "4Channel.org". :?

It does work. You have to copy + paste it into your browser instead of clicking it.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:35 pm 
Mod of Bling, Yo

Oh! Ok then. Here goes nothing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:36 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

It looks like this slaughter dagger can combine its sabers, that explains why it has four of them.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:51 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

Why do you say that?
The sabers on the striker are different from the sabers on it's waist.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:03 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

Hm i didn't saw them on the back, you are right. So it has two regular ones and two double ended sabers? Or i get it completely wrong and i should shut up :?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:31 pm 
Mod of Bling, Yo

Here's the Slaughter Dagger lineart:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/EZero8/Gundam%20Images/SlaughterDaggerLineart2.jpg

I think it could be better, but the page is so dark it was hard to tell where the lines end at times. Hope this is good enough... :?

EDIT: Fixed the link to a better cleaned up pic.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:25 pm 
AEUG Slapping Boy

I cleaned up the lineart for the GINN Insurgent Type and the Slaughter Dagger. I now EZero8 already did the Slaughter Dagger, but this on is a little better.

Also as a side note to Chris: I posted custom lineart for all the ZAKU Phantoms in standard colors a while ago in the Mecha Design and Fanart, but it seems you might have missed them.

'cause they're Daughtresses.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:01 pm 
Bald Wizard

Deacon Blues ended up beating you guys to the punch, but I gave you props anyway in the update for your work. As for the ZAKU custom images, I'll use them in the next update.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:56 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

Kerberos BuCUE Hound (ZAFT mobile suit, piloted by Isaac Mau)

Guardshell (Martian mobile armor, piloted by Nahe Herschel)

Acidalium's CIWS guns

Acidalium's main cannon and missile launchers

BTW, is there any info on how the Slaughter Dagger differs sufficiently from the regular 105 Dagger to merit a new model number?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:02 pm 
Hot-blooded Gattai

Red XIV wrote:
BTW, is there any info on how the Slaughter Dagger differs sufficiently from the regular 105 Dagger to merit a new model number?
I doubt it, but I would say that PP did something with the regular 105 Dagger's internal systems to warrent the change, as externally all it looks like they did was give the 105 Dagger and the acompaning Aile pack a new paint job.

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:41 am 
AEUG Slapping Boy

This one has been a long time on my computer waiting to be cleaned up, but it is finally done.

Guardshell

It's quality is pretty bad compared to the one Red XIV posted, but this one is in color.

'cause they're Daughtresses.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:49 pm 
Mysterious Masked Dude

Don't have any lineart to contribute, but rather an explanation for the Mars Jacket, although its rather long-winded.

Basically, the suit your now calling "Astray Mars Jacket" in the Destiny Astray section, which was previously named "Red Frame Mars Jacket", was correct with its original name.

The full story is, that while on his trip to Mars Lowe did indeed upgrade the Red Frame to this suit here:
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/destin ... ray-mj.jpg
He then attached the MJ parts to give it its Gelgoog look, and it is this suit that Lowe pilots during the fall of Junius 7, and it is this suit which Diago stole and fled to Earth with. In the final chapter of the novel (which takes place after the final Scoop of Destiny Astray), Jess takes Diago and the Red Frame back to see Lowe, and Lowe being the nice guy that he is, allows Diego to keep the Mars Jacket parts, which Lowe attaches to a "mass produced Astray", while Lowe keeps the Red Frame.

So basically, up untill the final chapter of the novel, and throughout the last few scoops of the manga, Diego was indeed piloting the actual Red Frame. It won't be until Diago appears in Delta Astray that we'll get to see the so called "mass produced Astray" equipped with the Mars Jacket parts.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:58 am 
Lackey GM Pilot

Minor correction for Blu Duel. According to the second issue of Delta Astray, it has three of the armor penitrators, not one. At least, I counted three. Seems that Guardshell has some sort of beam shield or energy deflection armor on it's 'head' as well, which would be logical, given the name.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:58 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

Kerberos BuCUE Hound
Guardshell

Still black & white, but bigger than the current ones.

EDIT:
Acidalium's CIWS guns
Acidalium's main cannon and missile launchers
Acidalium in atmospheric flight mode
Acidalium's catapult
Acidalium's landing gear assembly
Acidalium's bridge tower & rear hatch

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:24 pm 
Newtype Emo Guy

From the new (September) issue of Dengeki Hobby, these may or may not be better than the current images.

Bucue Kerberos
GINN Insurgent
Slaughter Dagger
Stargazer

And if anyone wants totally HUEG images of these I can put them up whenever.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:01 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

Can I ask for said HUEG images, please?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:07 am 
Elitist Earth Politician

If possible, could you give us the images in JPG format instead of GIF? Doesn't really make that much difference for the BuCUE pic, since it's black and white, but for color images JPG is far superior.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:14 am 
Newtype Emo Guy

Red XIV wrote:
If possible, could you give us the images in JPG format instead of GIF? Doesn't really make that much difference for the BuCUE pic, since it's black and white, but for color images JPG is far superior.

In the case of the GINN Insurgent and Stargazer, I assure you that the visual artifacts caused by any reasonable level of JPEG compression was far more harmful to the image than the limited color palette.

It's not actually correct to say that JPEG is superior for color images - rather, it's got the edge in photographic images, and in images with smooth shading, with many grades of color in between highlights and shadows. In images with large areas of solid color, like the average animation character model, the GIF will deliver a very smooth image, while the JPEG compression algorithms will create a "dirty" effect as the large colored spots waver in between shades. It can also cause the areas at the border between two large areas of color to appear lighter or darker than they should be.

The Slaughter Dagger, in particular, takes poorly to the gif format at this size because for some reason the printing dots are particularly visible even when it's reduced to 400 x 400. Sometimes this kind of thing can be fixed by picking out the color table manually, but I didn't bother with that.

For the big images:
Stargazer
GINN Insurgent
Slaughter Dagger
Bucue Kerberos

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 502 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions