Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions

Post subject: New Official Topics
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:04 pm 
War-ending Idol Singer

Since this is the Feedback and Contributions section, I think this is the best place to post suggestions.

Alright, down to business. We all know that Code Geass R2 and Gundam 00 S2 have ended, and is still running on Japanese airwaves respectively. In America, R2 and Gundam 00 Season 1 have just started airing.

The suggestion is to have a topic specifically for those who are currently watching the dubs as opposed to the original Japanese. Currently, no one can post in any of the topics because of spoilers not being tagged properly, or at all. Many people such as myself have refused to watch the subs or listen to other talk about them. It's not right that we can't discuss it without having later plot lines revealed and ruin the experience that everyone else got because we're watching it later than others.

WhiteWingDemon wrote:
Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...

ShadowCell wrote:
O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.

Orrick Alexander wrote:
Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?

Last edited by ORegan on Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:25 pm 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

I second this where 00 is concerned. As things are now, discussion on S2 is inherently detrimental to those coming on board with the S1 dub, and it's unfair to not give dub-watchers a place to discuss S1 without being spoiled into oblivion. Likewise, shrinking all the S2 discussion to avoid spoiling dub-watchers would become way too tedious. I think it would be best to just create a new 00 Dub/AniMonday thread.

The original airing of Code Geass is over, and discussion on it has tapered off drastically. I think the old Official thread could be re-stickied, with an emphasis on spoiler-tagging, and that this would probably suffice for dub-watcher discussion. But a new dedicated thread might be a simpler, if more drastic, approach (if any change is needed where CG is concerned, that is).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:57 pm 
Hot-blooded Gattai

Denied, but not by me.

This very issue came up in our administration forum (that's hidden to all non-staff).
Chris wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
So now 00 is airing in the States, which means season 1 and season 2 are running at more or less the same time, which means everybody who wants to talk about season 1 will have to go to the Official Thread, where everyone will be talking about season 2.

It seems sort of douchey of us to possibly spoil the season 1 viewers on everything, so how are we going to work this?

We didn't do anything when season 1 of Code Geass aired on TV while R2 aired in Japan, so I don't see why 00 should be any different. We don't promise that any thread is spoiler free, and if people don't want to read spoilers in a thread, the onus is on them, not us.

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:25 pm 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Chris wrote:
We didn't do anything when season 1 of Code Geass aired on TV while R2 aired in Japan, so I don't see why 00 should be any different. We don't promise that any thread is spoiler free, and if people don't want to read spoilers in a thread, the onus is on them, not us.
I mean this as respectfully as possible, in case there's any doubt...

(For 00): The fact that this wasn't done back when Code Geass started airing in NA does not in-and-of-itself make it a bad idea. Also, I don't recall seeing support for this back then, while it's manifesting now, which already makes it a different case. Besides, this is Gundam back in the States! Shouldn't we be trying to encourage an improvement in Gundam's health in North America by providing an environment where (potentially new-to-the-franchise) dub-watchers can discuss it without feeling like they're the mole in Spoiler Whack-A-Mole? And no, I don't think /m/ provides what I'm describing.

By it's nature, we may not realize the full extent of this potential problem until we create a spoiler-free thread. It seems like an easy fix (to me), and if it turns out that there's not much turnout for the spoiler-free thread, it doesn't necessarily have to stay.

Anyway, this is my once-and-only protest to the denial.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm 
Bald Wizard

One thing I'm noticing with now with 00 that wasn't an issue with Geass is that the flow of discussion of current events is being broken up by discussion of season 1. Since this will make it difficult for viewers of both seasons to carry on a discussion, I'm going to make a separate season 1 thread.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:27 am 
War-ending Idol Singer

Chris wrote:
One thing I'm noticing with now with 00 that wasn't an issue with Geass is that the flow of discussion of current events is being broken up by discussion of season 1. Since this will make it difficult for viewers of both seasons to carry on a discussion, I'm going to make a separate season 1 thread.

Awesome, I actually made a helpful suggestion :P

WhiteWingDemon wrote:
Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...

ShadowCell wrote:
O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.

Orrick Alexander wrote:
Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?

Board index » MAHQ stuff » Feedback and Contributions