01. 1st Segment: "An Introduction to Level Nine"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:54:19

02. Epic Sugar Works (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:54:19 - 0:54:54

03. Preview: Next Time on Gundamn! - "The Number One Rule"
Runtime: 0:54:54 - 0:56:52

04. 2nd Segment: "Outro to the Intro"
Runtime: 0:56:52 - 1:02:39

05. Florida Oriental Trading (Commercial)
Runtime: 1:02:39 - 1:04:13

06. 3rd Segment: "News & Happenings"
Runtime: 1:04:13 - 2:12:06

It's Finally Here!!! For those who've been asking, we have for you're listening pleasure the official Video Game Podcast of Shinjuku Station, one of the producers of "Gundamn! @ MAHQ". Join hosts Boiwondr & Shoji Ramuro (from Shinjuku Station's original podcast "Flip The Script!") as they rap about games and the happenings in the video game industry!

Hit 'em with feedback and hope you dig it!

Soul Bro Ryu
SBRmahq@gmail.com

Peep the Websites!:
Level Nine - Main RSS Feed - iTunes - Gundamn.net - MechaTalk Gaming Forum

Zune:
Link: zune://subscribe/?Level%20Nine=http://m ... elnine.xml

InLevelNine@gmail.com

Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu

Last edited by Soul Bro Ryu on Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:11 pm 
Podcast Superstar*

Level Nine is now on iTunes!
Link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... =293796908

Also, you can subscribe to this podcast on Zune!:
Link: zune://subscribe/?Level%20Nine=http://m ... elnine.xml

Thanks for listening guys, Level Nine is over 100 downloads in three days!
Any thoughts?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:49 pm 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Does "right click, save link as" contribute to that download total? If not, then you can add one to that number. [/stupid question]

I listened to it shortly after Soul Bro posted it here. First, I'd have to say the language was a little too "explicit" for my taste; it was tolerable but the show would benefit from tuning it down a notch, in my opinion. Next, I have to say that I felt it lacked a sense of focus. Listening to a pair of veteran gamers discuss their feelings and opinions towards games is nice, as is hearing their take on gaming news, but Boi and Sho didn't really seem to delve deeply into anything. Just as they were starting to discuss something enough to make it really interesting, they moved on to something else, and it felt shallow because of it. I realize this was the first episode, with all the limitations that entails, but I'm hoping in future episodes you can take a few points of discussion and further expand on them before continuing with the ad hoc on-the-fly random bits.

That out of the way, I did actually enjoy listening, and it was entertaining. I like the engineer, would it be possible to bring him more directly into the podcast from time to time :wink:? I liked the randomness of the podcast (I'm not recommending you completely remove it). As far as what was actually discussed, I don't particularly remember anything worth mentioning. I'm surprised no one else has posted here yet.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:52 pm 
Podcast Superstar*

Insightful, Areku, and thanks for the feedback! When it comes to focus, you'll definitely find it in the next episode, which involves more structure and theme, with reviews of some recent games as well.

They were trying to find their rhythm with this first set of episodes (put together), and I'm sure they're will be more experimentation to come for certain. Plus, it's been a while since they last did a show. They're got a lot planned to talk about in future episodes, especially with this holiday season coming up. ^_^

BTW, I met that engineer. He's a jerk :P

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:30 pm 
Mecha Flunky

And so begins my increasing post count, finally.

Areku, thank you very much for the insight. We're definitely a little more unhinged when it comes to the language, but i'm sure we'll find more of a balance as time goes on. You may want to stay away from episode 2 though....i think we had bad days leading up to recording time. Tune in for ep. 3 for something less scathing.

As for the lack of focus, there was a bit of a method behind the madness. The first episode was meant to reintroduce ourselves, or, in most cases, introduce us for the first time. Structure is definitely on it's way. I would agree that it was shallow that go-round, but that won't be the norm. By episode 5, we should have everything down.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:56 am 
Cardboard Leo Ace

Hilarius first episode. I swear, it was like a big ole drunken videogame hate rant, and near the end I lol'd cause it seemed like "the engineer" just did a face palm in the background and thought, "God, let me fix this before it gets any worse", and then went in with the contact info.

But all in all it was funny as hell and can't wait to hear the next episode. I'll edit this post later with a more thought out response later.

PS: how did they not mention Chrono Trigger when they were talking about awesome RPGs? That's almost unforgivable.(j/k)

Awesome quotes
Spoiler: show
Chris wrote:
One day you could be the Chief Gundam Officer for Bandai. It's my Dream it could be yours too.

Kamina wrote:
Throw out logic and make the impossible possible.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:12 pm 
Podcast Superstar*

chainsandguns wrote:
PS: how did they not mention Chrono Trigger when they were talking about awesome RPGs? That's almost unforgivable.(j/k)

Dude, thanks for the insight, and in Ep. 4, I'll remind the guys to give you and Areku props for responding to the premiere ep.

As for RPG, I don't know what the engineer was thinking, but he should have reminded them to mention it, since it re-releasing soon on the DS. For trivia sak though, these are my favorite RPGs of all time:

1. Chrono Trigger
2. (Genso) Suikoden II
3. Final Fantasy IV
4. Final Fantasy VI (Although this IS the greatest RPG of all-time)
5. Dragon Quest (Oldie, but a Genre defining game)

I'm sure the guys will get into RPGs eventually, but I'm certain their opinions will differ from mine. Can't wait to hear that episode ^_^

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:32 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

Soul Bro Ryu wrote:

Dude, thanks for the insight, and in Ep. 4, I'll remind the guys to give you and Areku props for responding to the premiere ep.

As for RPG, I don't know what the engineer was thinking, but he should have reminded them to mention it, since it re-releasing soon on the DS. For trivia sak though, these are my favorite RPGs of all time:

1. Chrono Trigger
2. (Genso) Suikoden II
3. Final Fantasy IV
4. Final Fantasy VI (Although this IS the greatest RPG of all-time)
5. Dragon Quest (Oldie, but a Genre defining game)

I'm sure the guys will get into RPGs eventually, but I'm certain their opinions will differ from mine. Can't wait to hear that episode ^_^

Shame on you Soul Bro, you forgot to mention XENOGEARS in that list, better not forget next time. lol

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:11 pm 
Mecha Flunky

yes. there's plenty in store, and rpg's are high on the list of to-do's. the next couple episodes will be posted shortly, and you'll see that we're starting to get a bit more of a rhythm. the intention is to have additional insight on the blog to correspond with the show, so stay tuned...

as for the rants, nothing is safe. nothing. we had some rather interesting comments on a few things and people....but some of that material is gone. fear not...there's a well of material to pick at...some fair...some not so much.

2D 4 Life.

InLevelNine@gmail.com

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:16 pm 
Oblivious Harem Loser

yazi88 wrote:
Shame on you Soul Bro, you forgot to mention XENOGEARS in that list, better not forget next time. lol

do so or Id will throw a battleship on you

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:17 pm 
Podcast Superstar*

yazi88 wrote:

Honestly, I would have ranked Xeno higher, but dammit if they didn't have the common sense to put in a feature to speed up/skip test in the game, which slows down the game's pace considerably. A minor gripe but it makes playing through the game again that much harder. A major gripe for me when it comes to RPGs is replay-ability and that's what marks it a little lower for me.

At least it's in my top ten though. When your game has "New Game +", that's always a win.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:34 pm 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Well, if people are going to be reading my name aloud, I might as well give them the pronunciation. Soul Bro's ah-ruh-koo was admirably close, but it's ah-rey-koo with a long-a sound. Sorry, it just sounded kinda silly...

Anyway, I think it would be really interesting if at some point in the future, you guys could have a special Level Nine - Gundamn! segment, in which you discuss various games featuring mecha, like the various anime-to-game series (such as Gundam and Macross), Zone of the Enders, Front Mission, Mech Assault, Armored Core, Steel Battalion, SRW, etc. Since it would be more game-oriented, I would think Level Nine would be the right podcast to put it on. So it would feature Boi, Sho and Soul Bro, and if you want to pull out all the stops, bring Neo and Chris in on it as well (and if SRW is brought up, you might as well bring Destiny_Gundam on too). What are your thoughts on this?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:35 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

Soul Bro Ryu wrote:
Honestly, I would have ranked Xeno higher, but dammit if they didn't have the common sense to put in a feature to speed up/skip test in the game, which slows down the game's pace considerably. A minor gripe but it makes playing through the game again that much harder. A major gripe for me when it comes to RPGs is replay-ability and that's what marks it a little lower for me.

At least it's in my top ten though. When your game has "New Game +", that's always a win.

Now thats better, there's the answer I was looking for.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:18 pm 
Mecha Flunky

Areku, that's a great suggestion, and i definitely think it will get worked in soon. Gundamn! usually records on a different day/schedule than Level Nine, but my people will get with SoulBro's people....we'll do lunch...we'll get some negotiations going.

2D 4 Life.

InLevelNine@gmail.com

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:10 am 
OMG Doomsday Laser

Ah this episode is good proof of Sho's humor, 2 mins 20 seconds in.

I would take this as Shouji's "Deadliest catch son, pick it up!"

Anyway, been a fan of this Shinjuku Station podcast for a little bit.

Also hello boiwondr or should you be called Lord Shot, Joey Gash or even Billi Whipton? :P

It's going to be hard to deny it's you putting on a William Shattner impersonation in your speech.

Board index » Podcasts » Shinjuku Station