Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Podcasts » Laplace's Box

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:45 am 
Bald Wizard

Laplace's Box Ep. 002 - "Comic Con & Wonder Festival"
- 64 kbps - 52 mins, 32 sec. (0:52:32) 24.1 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What's for Sale?" and "Laplace's Box Mailbag"
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:24:00

02. Discussion: "Comic Con & Wonder Festival"
Runtime: 0:24:02 - 0:52:04

Andres and Keith are back for another serving of Laplace's Box. They start off with a discussion of new releases before hitting the Mailbag. After that, they turn to the news and announcements from two recent conventions: San Diego Comic Con and Tokyo Wonder Festival.

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Laplace" from Gundam Unicorn OST 1 by Hiroyuki Sawano

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: laplaceshow@gmail.com

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Laplace's Box - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater - Laplace's Box Mecha Talk Forum - Chaos Theater @ Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Laplace's Box @ Twitter - Main RSS Feed - iTunes

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:49 pm 
Mecha Flunky

Nice show, Andres & Co. The coverage of the events was excellent. I was overjoyed by the news of Lego getting the Marvel & DC properties. As children, we always attempted to create our own X-Men armies out of minifigures and this news has me psyched! It's nice to see another father planning on using his child as an excuse to buy more toys. Personally, our household has grown exponentionally in it's number of Legos, Transformers, etc. since the arrival of our son.

Andres - Eventhough some consider the kit to be "boring and pink", I am also hoping for a HGUC Gerbera Tetra. What GFFs do you own and which one is the decent one? I have always felt they were horribly overpriced and have been completely outmatched by recent Robot Damashii figures. I have to disagree with the notion that "serious" Gunpla-ers aren't interested in Wing kits: the community, as far as I've seen, has been abuzz since introduction of kits like Epyon and Wing. Maybe these are more casual than "serious" fans, but they are buying a lot of these kits ('cept for Shenlong).

Keith - How do you get on this podcast with no desire to build Gunpla? It seems you should be on one called "Arc Reactor". Seriously, everyone loses their motivation to build at times, I hope yours returns. And the Prime Starscream is sexier than any Baywatch babe, so I can see the obsession.

My YouTube channel
Listen to Shelf Life
Follow me on twitter @TimberNewtype

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:34 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

Great episode guys, but what was the source for that Gunpla contest (the one going from July to August)? I know Bandai has made previous contests available to places like Hong Kong and Taiwan (where kits are actually sold in regular stores), but in America... hard to believe. I don't feel terrible about Wing being so popular in the US, but I'd hate to miss out on the possibility of new X or Turn A kits just because they never aired in the US or Canada.

Also I'd love the Gerbera Tetra too! I'd take that or the Dijeh over a GMIII any day.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:15 pm 
Mecha Flunky

@hotlimit: Here's the link to the official contest page:

http://www.bandai-asia.com/gundaminfo-e ... i_code.php

If you want to buy some of the kits containing the promo cards and stickers, GG Inifinite has them on sale (and in one convenient location). Here's a link:

http://gginfinite.com/GUNDAM.INFO-X-GUN ... PAIGN.html

robot4less.com also will be carrying some contest kits when their next shipment comes in!
BTW, I would prefer a Dijeh over Gerbera Tetra :)

My YouTube channel
Listen to Shelf Life
Follow me on twitter @TimberNewtype

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:19 pm 
Der Bigen Slicen

Great episode guys, nice to see you've hit the ground running. Just one suggestion: I think it'd be cool if you had some in-between-segment commercials, maybe for Gundamn! or Chaos Theatre or something. The ones that (I think) Soulbro made for Flip The Script back in the day were pretty hilarious.

And the fact you can cut yourself on Gunpla parts is... eyebrow-raising. I didn't realize you could do that!

And since you didn't answer my question from the mailbag, I'm assuming the answer is, I don't know?

Overall I give you two thumbs up. :D

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:22 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

@TimberNewtype: Awesome, thank you!

@Arbiter GUNDAM: You may have posted your mailbag question after they recorded the episode (sometimes the episodes take a long time to edit and be released).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Podcasts » Laplace's Box