General Feedback Thread

MAHQ's podcast for plamo kits, which ran from 2011-2012.

Moderator: PedroBear

Chris
Bald Wizard

General Feedback Thread

Post by Chris » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:00 am

You know the routine here. This thread is for any feedback that isn't episode-specific, including general comments about the show, segments or technical issues.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

TimberNewtype
Mecha Flunky

Re: General Feedback Thread

Post by TimberNewtype » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:19 pm

Anyone get a weird double-speak echo effect at times? Maybe just me.

Oops, just noticed this was mentioned in liner notes. Sorry.
Newtype Dad

My YouTube channel
Listen to Shelf Life
Follow me on twitter @TimberNewtype

Mu La Flaga
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by Mu La Flaga » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:52 am

This is just a small comment in relation to the show which made me ponder more after episode 4.
So we know why Andres is one of the hosts of the show and all that stuff.
But I've always felt that Keith has been kind of more so even disconnected from the mechatalk lot then Andres is in a way.

At least if say the show had say Andres and Jabman as hosts.
You would have a balance between someone who is active on mechatalk as well as someone like Andres who is very indepth with his Gunpla knowledge.

This isn't to knock Keith down on purpose, it's just comments of sorts in regards to my thoughts to the hosts and all.

hotlimit
Creepy Bishonen

Post by hotlimit » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:57 am

Personally I like Keith as a host, not just because of the crazy stuff he says (black rock sh**er!), but also because he's not one of the typical mechatalk people. I think it's great that Jabman can fill in when the others aren't available, but Andres + Keith are the best dynamic.

Chris
Bald Wizard

Post by Chris » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:05 pm

The whole point of having Keith is that he's an outside voice that isn't from Mecha Talk, so I'm not sure what your point is, Mu.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

Mu La Flaga
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by Mu La Flaga » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:17 am

Chris wrote:The whole point of having Keith is that he's an outside voice that isn't from Mecha Talk, so I'm not sure what your point is, Mu.
Not really much of a point, it's just that oddly Keith doesn't seem to grab my interest as one of the hosts.

And I suppose the other half was well Jabman and you did maintain my attention during episode.
That and Jabman and yourself post on mechatalk.

Maybe it's just me.

Chris
Bald Wizard

Post by Chris » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:27 am

It sounds like you're saying you'd rather have Jabman as a host because you like him more and he posts on Mecha Talk. If you have your personal preferences for hosts that's fine, but I don't see what difference it makes if someone posts on Mecha Talk or not. After all, Pedro doesn't post here, yet I haven't heard you complain about him on Chaos Theater.

Mu La Flaga
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by Mu La Flaga » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:38 am

Chris wrote:It sounds like you're saying you'd rather have Jabman as a host because you like him more and he posts on Mecha Talk. If you have your personal preferences for hosts that's fine, but I don't see what difference it makes if someone posts on Mecha Talk or not. After all, Pedro doesn't post here, yet I haven't heard you complain about him on Chaos Theater.
Well Pedro is entertaining enough with or without alcohol in him

I can't put my finger on what it is.
And as I said, I suppose when I imagined it for a moment, it's like a balance between 2 things.
Not saying should replace anyone, just my opinion and all that.
I mean maybe I could be wrong and Keith tries posting on mechatalk sometime in future.

I mean is it wrong to maybe perhaps want a little bit of interaction from the hosts of the show?

Chris
Bald Wizard

Post by Chris » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:26 am

It's not part of any host's job to post on Mecha Talk, so I don't know why you keep hanging on to that point so much. I'm here all the time anyway, so I'm sort of in a category on my own. But people have other responsibilities and don't have the time to be here. Pedro and Andres both have Tomopop to attend to, and Keith does whatever it is that he does. If you want interaction, they already answer your voicemails and mailbag questions.

Mu La Flaga
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by Mu La Flaga » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:33 am

True, anyway no need to drag it out.
Just the way I feel on the show and well you know my opinion of things.

And anyway you tend to answer like 90% of all mailbag and voicemail related stuff anyone leaves in the voicemail. :P