Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Podcasts » Laplace's Box

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:48 pm 
Bald Wizard

I think you all know the drill here. Laplace's Box has a Mailbag too, so post any questions you have for the show in this thread. Mail away!

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:49 pm 
Mecha Flunky

Okay so I'm planning to start modelling soon so I have a couple of questions:

1) What are some good starter models that I can make to get my collection started.
2) What are some good sites that I can go to to get the models
and
3) Is there some guides out on the internet that can help teach me some of the more advance techniques.

Thanks and good luck on the new show.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:00 pm 
Mecha Flunky

1. Have you guys built any models from kits like the Robotech Defenders line (which are mechs from Fang of the Sun Dougram), or any Anime mecha model kits made for Americans? And if so what are your opinions on it? Just wanted to ask since I recently built a VF-1D from the Robotech Changers line and it was closer to building other models of ships and planes than building any mobile suit.

2. Which is better: normal paint or Gundam Markers?

Finally, just want to say Good Luck, Congratulations, and Thank You for the podcast.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:36 am 
AEUG Slapping Boy

Hey dudes,

So, which of the grades do you prefer to build the most? Are you a Master Grade junkie? A PG completionist? A mix of all? Why?

Subscribe/comment me: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaAeizeru

Did Fats Goodman really die at the end of "Fats' Counterattack?"

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:15 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

Great idea for a podcast! Here are my questions...

What anime series do you most like to build models from? (What anime series in your opinion has the best models)

Some models are just way too expensive, is there a cheap way to get high quality models? If so where do you recommend buying them?

And lastly...Painting models is intimidating to me, any tips?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:29 pm 
AEUG Slapping Boy

1) Which mobile suit would you love to see in the MG line that is realistic?

2) [candyland]Which mobile suit would you love to see in the MG line that will likely never happen?[/candyland]

3) Even though the PG line doesn't have a lot of releases, what do you think the possibility of a PG RX-78-2 Gundam 2.0 being released in the next few years is?

4) Do you think there's room for a new universal Gundam model line (e.g. HG, MG, PG, and most recently RG)? For instance, a different scale that would be fun to build? Or perhaps a model line that brought something new to the table? If so, what are some of your ideas for such a model line?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:41 pm 
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Question for Andres & Co. What do you think of the Gundam Fix Figuration line and if you had a choice between the GFF and a corresponding existing gunpla kit would you rather have the premade figure to display or the one you build and detail yourself?

Also are there any MG kits you'd like to see a ver 2.0 treatment of?

Last edited by kayone73 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 pm 
Der Bigen Slicen

I recently discovered that one of the members of my favorite Japanese band SCANDAL, Mami Sasazaki, is into Gunpla or at least acquired a custom, white Geara Zulu that plays a little mini guitar. Do you know of any other celebrities that are into Gunpla and etc?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:32 am 
AEUG Slapping Boy

What do you guys consider when buying a model kit of a certain mecha?

-The mecha's design
-The model kit's level of engineering
-How awesome the mecha was in the show/story it was in
-A mix of the things above

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:49 pm 
Mecha Flunky

What is the #1 issue you have with a specific model line you would like to see Bandai address?

i.e. HGUCs that can't dual wield, MGs with "Wing" hands, giant stickers for a PG, etc.

Thanks for considering. Hope for many more great episodes!

My YouTube channel
Listen to Shelf Life
Follow me on twitter @TimberNewtype

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:31 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

1. What are your opinions on add-on/conversion parts like the Wagtail option for the HGUC GM-Kai and other conversion parts in general?

Since its on the same topic, what are your thoughts and opinions on the units/pretty much confirmed future kits on the new Advance of Zeta: Traitor to Destiny? I personally think that everything in this new series will also have dozens of add-ons like the previous AoZ but actually focusing on GM variants rather than Gaplant/Hazel/Asshimar MS and MAs.

2. I know that I have stated this on the episode 1 thread but why hasn't Bandai made any GM Sniper II kits? I know that a robot damashii came out of both the regular colors AND white dingo but not even a HGUC or even Master Grade? I know it is more popular than the Nemo that has its own Master Grade. Then again design wise in retrospect some of the Nemo's own designs are apparent on the GM Sniper II that came after Zeta production wise.

PS: Congrats on you guys for making a Gunpla/Model Podcast. Keep up the great work. I am now a 1st time modeler having just bought a HGUC GM Kai so that I hope to one day convert it to the Wagtail.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:20 pm 
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Another question for you guys.

Keith: so what show and kits were current when you started getting into gunpla?

Andres: you mentioned on your first gunpla segment on Gundamn! you started off with the original series of Wing kits when you were young and fell away from the hobby only to return later and started building them seriously. What were the new kits that drew you back into the building hobby?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:10 pm 
Traitor Villain

-Do you approve of the "NG" (No-grade/Non-grade) term/definition on kits that DON'T have a "HG", "MG" etc... label on their boxes? As far as I'm concerned they say an "NG" kit could be anything from a 1980s 0080 kit, to a 1996 1/144 Wing Gundam Kit to a 1/100 Seravee Gundam and 1/100 Akatsuki. Do you think it can be misleading, as those labeled "NG" kits' difficulty can range from a FG (First Grade) kit to an above-HGUC level of complexity, like those in the 1/100 00 kits?

:mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:56 pm 
Mecha Flunky

Have you guys ever used your model kits for something other than desplay. I personaly have used some of my HGUC 1/144ths in an actual Mekton Zeta game as the suits that the players use. Its very fun to use some of my smaller kits in this way and the fit well with some of the terrain for games like Warhammer 40k and Flames of War

Also, as a joke me and my friends call the No Grade 1/144ths from Wing, HMG or Happy Meal Grade.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:16 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

Dear Andres and Keith,

I'm still a beginner in the world of modeling, but was wondering, are there some kits you can recommend to me that are not from a Gundam show? I currently have a 1/144 HG RX-78-2 and 1/100 MG Gundam Exia (Ignition Mode), but wanted to expand the base of shows from where my mecha models are from. Any Macross or Super Robot Wars kits would be preferred, but any will work!

Thanks again, can't wait for the next show!
SteelTamashii

Also watch past episodes on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/user/GamersUnratedShow
And follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gamersunrated
I am a HUcast. To know what you are take the quiz here.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:47 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

Dear Andres and Keith,

A quick question for you guys: I've finished assembling and sanding the gunpla that i own, however, I'm not impressed with the color. I heard many people say they will paint the model to get the color scheme they want, but i don't want to mess up the kits that i currently own by using the wrong paint. So my question is this... What paints do you guys use for your gunpla collection, and also, is there a safe way to strip the model of the paint should you not like the color, without damaging the kit? Thanks for your help!

steeltamashii

Also watch past episodes on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/user/GamersUnratedShow
And follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gamersunrated
I am a HUcast. To know what you are take the quiz here.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:32 pm 
Mecha Flunky

When researching a potentional buy, where are you're favorite places to get kit information (other than Jabman's YouTube channel)?

Have either of you come across the SCM-Ex figures? They are flat-out amazing fun!

Could you each share a story about a build that went terribly wrong, or maybe you were new to the the hobby and did something, that looking back, you find laughibly ameteur-ish?

Top 3 suits you wish were molded into plastic that aren't yet. Go!

My YouTube channel
Listen to Shelf Life
Follow me on twitter @TimberNewtype

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:04 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

Does anyone know if there exist a model kit for the evangelion one-shot mecha Jet Alone, and if so where should I look for it? Finally what Neon Genesis Evangelion model kits would you recommend?

P.S. If chris is guest-starring when this question is asked I want to know what He thinks of the kits in this series?

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:37 am 
Creepy Bishonen

Haven't actually gotten around to posting questions yet for either podcast yet so here we go this shall be my first!

1.)What SH Figuarts do you own?

2.)have you ever purchased a Tamashii Web Exclusive and had your wallet raped by it?

3.) What would you guys like to see get the SH Figuart treatment?

And now for Gunpla related questions
1.) What do you guys think of Bandai re-using the Wing Gundam TV frame for the EW MG's?

2.) Given how Bandai recently announced the AGE MG line up and that it seems to be filling the void of no "NG" 1/100 kits, do you think this hinders the amount of other MG to be MS's from coming out or do you think we will see 2 MG's a month like how Duel Assault Shroud is coming out in the same month as AGE-1 Normal?

Thanks again and congrats to Andres on his newborn baby :D

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:45 am 
Cardboard Leo Ace

Hey guys, long time lurker 1st time poster here. I would like to congratulate Andres on his newborn SD baby. Please don't put him/her on a display base :lol:

I have 2 questions here:

1. Which is the most annoying, time consuming and frustrating gundam kit that you guys have ever build and why?

2. Which is the most satisfying kit that you guys have ever build. Mine was the MG Ex-S. Despite it being a brick kit and took me almost 3 months to build, sand, paint and decal that thing, it ended up looking really awesome.

Thanks guys and keep up the good work.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Podcasts » Laplace's Box