Sp. 008: Harry Steed and the Nazis in Paradise

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Sp. 008: Harry Steed and the Nazis in Paradise

Chaos Theater Sp. 008 - "Harry Steed and the Nazis in Paradise"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 39 mins, 19 sec. (0:39:19) 54.02 MB

Chaos Theater ends its 2014 run by returning to the 1940s for the sequel to The Persian Penguin. Harry Steed and Destiny Tyler find themselves face-to-face against the Third Reich in Harry Steed and the Nazis in Paradise. Bonus commercials courtesy of the Old Timey Drama Hour segment of Gundamn! @ MAHQ. That's it for 2014, and we'll be back next year with more episodes.

The Players:
XANDER REY AS HARRY STEED, from Artistic Vibes

STEPHANIE MEYER-SENIOR AS DESTINY TYLER, from Artistic Vibes

QUILLS RODRIGUEZ AS BLAINE, from Artistic Vibes

KENNY CORTINA AS SURPRISE NAZI, RANDOM SEAMAN & RANDOM NAZI, from Artistic Vibes

VANESSA THOMPSON AS OOGLE AGENT, from Artistic Vibes

CHRIS GUANCHE AS STERLING CORFU/NARRATOR/NULDAH SCHWARTZ

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Fig Leaf Times Two" by Kevin MacLeod
"Fun in a Bottle" by Kevin MacLeod

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Main RSS Feed -
Chaos Theater YouTube - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Sp. 008: Harry Steed and the Nazis in Paradise

Oh, another one of these. What fun!

The banter is excellent both in writing and delivery, and I love the bits of self-referentialism (oh no, not Wilhelm!). I think the Arnold guy was a bit too much, but I was laughing regardless.

There were two bits that didn't work for me because I feel the sound effects were lacking. That explosion that killed Wilhelm sounded weak and the aftermath probably should have been more hectic. As it is, it sounds like an explosion went off and then they all just casually walked to the sub like nothing happened. Perhaps that's the joke, but maybe there should have been a gunfight in the background as a follow up.

The second part was the fight at the end. The blows didn't have any power behind them. If the intent was for their attacks to be useless against a mass of muscles it's fine, but the dialogue suggests they are having an effect (ie "stay down" implies that he did get knocked down).

Of course with this sort of thing it's hard to tell if something is a genuine flaw or is intentionally mimicking the quality of those old radio plays. At any rate, I look forward to more.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Chris
Administrator

Glad you liked it. Yes, the intent is definitely to emulate the old radio plays, hence things like the crackling effects. Perhaps the action at the end could've used an extra line or two from the narrator to explain things, so we'll keep that in mind for next time. The story of Harry and Destiny is intended to be a trilogy, but after that, I don't know if we'll be doing more of these old timey radio dramas.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

Better to end soon and strong than to draw things out until they get old.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
kayone73

Loved the inclusion of Nuldah the Black Plow man.
Cultclassic

I waited a year for this and you guys did not disappoint. I, personally, would have no problem if you Gainx'd this for a final installment. I think this is high quality stuff that the podcast world doesn't get enough of.
I do appreciate all the hard work.