Ep. 079: Grant Morrison's Batman saga

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Ep. 079: Grant Morrison's Batman saga

Chaos Theater Ep. 079 - "Grant Morrison's Batman saga"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 111 mins, 35 sec. (1:51:35) 51.08 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What We've Been Up To"
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:31:19

02. Discussion: "Grant Morrison's Batman"
Runtime: 0:31:58 - 1:43:53

03. Outro: "Audible recommendations", and "Internet whoring"
Runtime: 1:44:27 - 1:49:30

Chaos Theater returns to Gotham City once again to check in with the Caped Crusader. We're taking an in-depth look at Grant Morrison's long running Batman saga, which includes Batman and Son, The Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul, The Black Glove, R.I.P., Final Crisis, Batman & Robin, Time and the Batman, The Return of Bruce Wayne and Batman, Incorporated. We close out with Audible recommendations, but be sure to send in Mailbag questions and comments for The Wolf Among Us. Next time, we're off to Kwik Stop to discuss Kevin Smith's filmography.

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Boing Zoom DAKOTA!" from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
"Alice Practice" from I by Crystal Castles
"Courtship Dating" from I by Crystal Castles

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Main RSS Feed -
Chaos Theater YouTube - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
RX Prime

Re: Ep. 079: Grant Morrison's Batman saga

Great discussion about these comics. I'll be sure to check these out once I'm done with other things. :-)
If I want to read them in chronological order, how do I go about it?
Chris
Administrator

I actually laid it out in proper order in the show notes, but there are some notes. You only want to read the first three volumes of Batman & Robin. Also, Time and the Batman and The Return of Bruce Wayne should be read between volumes 2 and 3 of Batman & Robin. Also, Batman, Incorporated started during the old continuity and continued after the New 52 began. You need to read the one collected volume of the old run before reading the two volumes of the New 52 version.
yazi88

Haven't listened to this yet but will soon.

Are you and Pedro interested in doing a segment for Grant Morrison's New X-men series? I really enjoyed that series by him.
Chris
Administrator

Neither of us reads X-Men, so it's probably safe to say that won't happen. Don't see us discussing Morrison again in the near future unless it's Arkham Asylum or Multiversity.
phillosmaster

Grant is not the type of dude to slow down for you. So yeah you kind of just have to accept there are going to be things in his stories you just won't get on the first reading. Maybe when you come back and reread it you might pick up more details, you pick up things through the lens of future knowledge or you've read more of the thing's he's referencing. Every time I finished an arc of The Invisibles I'd need to go back and skim the other arcs to make sure I still understood what was going on in the story. I'm still not sure I understand what the F was going on it that story, but I might...

I'm glad you got to come back to Batman Unlimited and read the whole thing with the context of his entire run under your belt. I'm sure that was lots of fun.

For anyone interested in reading the Morrison Batman stuff here is an Amazon list in reading order: http://www.amazon.com/Grant-Morrisons-B ... PZVDQOS8L1
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.