Ep. 071: The Amazing Spider-Man 2

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Ep. 071: The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Chaos Theater Ep. 071 - "The Amazing Spider-Man 2"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 154 mins, 55 sec. (2:34:55) 70.92 MB

Special Guest Host: Magen Cubed (Opening and Spider-Man 2)

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What We've Been Up To"
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:33:55

02. Discussion: "The Amazing Spider-Man 2"
Runtime: 0:34:33 - 1:58:19

03. Outro: "Audible recommendations", "Chaos Theater Mailbag" and "Internet whoring"
Runtime: 1:58:59 - 2:30:13

We're sticking (pun intended) to a comics theme for this latest episode. Magen Cubed joins us once more as we discuss The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Since this movie is still in theaters, be aware that complete spoilers are tossed around. We close the episode out with Audible recommendations and your questions from the Mailbag. Next time, we're tooning up to discuss the classic Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Boing Zoom DAKOTA!" from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
"Simon Blackquill ~ Distorted Swordsmanship" from Ace Attorney 5 by Noriyuki Iwadare
"Mood Matrix ~ Commence the Psychological Analysis!" from Ace Attorney 5 by Noriyuki Iwadare

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Main RSS Feed -
Chaos Theater YouTube - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
phillosmaster

Re: Ep. 071: The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Original Sin #0 makes more sense if you've been reading the new Sam Alexander Nova since his first real appearance in AvX or that Marvel Now one shot thing. I forget which came first. He's had a wierd friendship with the Watcher so I think they needed to give him some closure with the Watcher before they kill him off. I thought it was nice that the whole story was about Sam giving the Watcher a gift and the Watcher returning the sentiment. I can see that would be boring for someone who doesn't care about Sam.

I was luke warm on Amazing Spiderman 2 previously. I've got a 1 year old son so I've gotta be pretty selective about the movies I go see since it requires getting a sitter. Now I'm pretty much convinced that it's a pass until I can see it on Netflix or something.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
mobiusdiablo

Y'know, I just watched this movie before this episode came out and I was hit with the same thing I felt when I first watched Star Wars Ep. 3 and Spiderman 3. It slid off my brain like teflon; I knew something was wrong with it, but I couldn't figure out WHAT was wrong with it...

...until this review. I might disagree on a couple of points, but overall I do agree with the sentiment of that it's an overall horrible movie with little to nothing to save it. There's so much wrong my brain couldn't comprehend it on its own and just decided to shut down critical thinking. The only thing I actually liked in the movie was the banter of Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone... and well, Emma Stone, but that's a given.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
RevenVrake

So Chris, would you say that Harry's decent into being the second Goblin was better handled in the original Spiderman movies?
Chris
Administrator

RevenVrake wrote:So Chris, would you say that Harry's decent into being the second Goblin was better handled in the original Spiderman movies?
Yes. Despite the nonsense in part 3 with his amnesia, the first two movies did a great job of souring him on Spider-Man and pushing him towards Goblinicity (I just made that a word).
RevenVrake

Ah, and here is part 2 of the question I suppose I was asking. Did you prefer Harry's New Goblin design in Spiderman 3 or this new Green Goblin design in Amazing Spiderman 2?
Chris
Administrator

The ASM Goblin suit and glider were fine, but the stupid hair, goblin zits and bad teeth were ridiculous.
Wellman

Kirby is only below Mario, Luigi and Donkey Kong among the Nintendo mascots. #$%& Yoshi.