Ep. 069: Captain America: The Winter Soldier & Fleshtrap

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Ep. 069: Captain America: The Winter Soldier & Fleshtrap

Chaos Theater Ep. 069 - "Captain America: The Winter Soldier & Fleshtrap"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 229 mins, 23 sec. (3:49:23) 105.01 MB

Special Guest Host: Magen Cubed (Opening, Captain America, Fleshtrap)

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What We've Been Up To"
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:29:32

02. Discussion: "Captain America: The Winter Soldier"
Runtime: 0:30:05 - 1:39:00

03. Discussion: "Fleshtrap"
Runtime: 1:39:37 - 2:30:08

04. Outro: "Audible recommendations", "Chaos Theater Mailbag" and "Internet whoring"
Runtime: 2:30:48 - 3:49:07

Chaos Theater unveils its largest episode to date as we temporarily stick with the two topic format one more time. Magen Cubed joins us for an in-depth discussion of Marvel's latest movie, Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Be forewarned of extensive spoilers for the movie and Agents of SHIELD. After that, we talk to Magen about her debut novel Fleshtrap and a bit about her next one, The Crashers. We close out with Audible recommendations and lots of Mailbag questions to catch up a bit. Next time, we explore Gotham City's future when we discuss Batman Beyond.

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Boing Zoom DAKOTA!" from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
"Above Ground Urban Area C" from Shin Megami Tensei 4
"Cafe Florida" from Shin Megami Tensei 4
"Camp Ichigaya" from Shin Megami Tensei 4

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Main RSS Feed -
Chaos Theater YouTube - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Ep. 069: Captain America: The Winter Soldier & Fleshtrap

Remember in The Avengers Natasha told Bruce that she did start young, so yeah she could have been working for the KGB when she was seven.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
phillosmaster

I'm thinking she is as old as she looks. I'm wondering if the KGB continued to exist after the fall of Communism and is some sort of shadow organization. I think they could mine that a bit if they wanted to give us some more info on the Winter Soldier. That could be interesting, but yeah they really don't connect any dots and just throw that line about Widow.

I stuck around for Agents of SHIELD even though I was not impressed with the early scripts. I'm glad I did. The episodes now are actually really entertaining. They definitely set this up from the beginning. I mean I'm pretty sure that's why the series went on hiatus so often to line it up with the premiere of the new Cap movie.

Anyone who initially gave up on Agents of SHIELD I encourage you to go back and watch it. It does get better. Much much better.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
jcncasval76

Did Senator Stern (Garry Shandling) actually whispered to Agent Sitwell (Maximiliano Hernández) "Hail HYDRA"?
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
phillosmaster

yeah. That was a funny part in the movie for me because in the theatre some woman let out a loud "Whhaaattttt!!!!" :)

As for the 4k TV question I think the biggest bottleneck for this is going to be bandwidth. I mean we already see services being strained by just HD streaming. Streaming is really the future people want to adopt, and I think that's evident based on the trends so far. While it's not a gimmick you do have to ask the question "Is this really worth it".
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.