Ep. 028: Torchwood

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Ep. 028: Torchwood

Chaos Theater Ep. 028 - "Torchwood"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 112 mins, 1 sec. (1:52:01) 51.3 MB

Special Guest Host: Dale Rausch (opening and Torchwood)

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What We've Been Up To"
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:09:17

02. Discussion: "Torchwood"
Runtime: 0:09:43 - 0:53:38

03. Outro: "Audible recommendations", "Chaos Theater Mailbag" and "Internet whoring"
Runtime: 0:54:09 - 1:50:09

It's time to get sexy and dangerous with Captain Jack Harkness as we discuss the Doctor Who spinoff series Torchwood. We're joined by MAHQ co-founder Dale Rausch in that discussion after catching up on what we've been doing. After that, we catch up on voicemails and Mailbag questions since we skipped them last time. Next time, we're dipping into the world of Blights and Darkspawn to discuss BioWare's epic RPG series Dragon Age.

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Boing Zoom DAKOTA!" from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
"Torchwood Theme" from Torchwood by Ben Foster and Murray Gold
"Jack's Love Theme" from Torchwood by Ben Foster and Murray Gold
"Memories of Gray" from Torchwood by Ben Foster and Murray Gold

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Laplace's Box -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - Laplace's Box @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Laplace's Box @Twitter - Main RSS Feed - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mu La Flaga

Re: Ep. 028: Torchwood

Finished listening to the episode.
I can't say much on Torchwood, I only saw a little bit of it from the episode of Dr Who which had the Daleks and Cybermen fighting it out.

Resident Evil I agree those old controls do not help.
Even in the PSP ports, they didn't bother giving the option of using the nub stick to move around with.
I agree 4 changed the series, I haven't finished it just because it's on my "to finish/complete pile"

House of the Dead, I've played the first 3, I didn't beat 3 though.
As dated as 1 is I still have 1 on PC heh, 2 I don't think I got it.
3 I only played in arcades, awesome fun story of beating 4 in free play Chris.
I remember those days when some places used to do that.

As for Dawn of the Dead, well now I know, will have that detail in mind if I check the old ones out.

Funny also Miami got hit by Zombie Attacks. :P

Finally we learn about the Sandwich story, Austin you hate filled fraud :P
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
bertman4

Just listened to the first half. Whose mic was acting up about 30 minutes into the podcast? I think it was Chris'? Pretty much dead on review of Torchwood. The first season was a little rough. But once they settled on a tone, I thought it added a lot to the Dr Who universe. That, unfortunately, changed with Miracle Day. I actually haven't finished it since the writing was off, the pacing was horribly slow, and the new characters were uninteresting. The format was an interesting experiment but ultimately failed for the above reasons. I agree that if they do bring Torchwood back, a shorter mini-series or movies would work best.
kayone73

I actually didn't hate Torchwood Miracle day because it tackled a hypothetical situation like nobody dying pretty realistically and how it would quickly adversely impact the world. However characters were somewhat poor and the conclusion with the giant rock immortality vagina...thats when I gave up on the show.

I haven't seen children of the Earth yet, but was Gwen such a relentless ass-kicker in that season?
Chavelo

Another show I need to watch >.>