Topic Submission Thread

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Topic Submission Thread

If you've read Gundamn's version of this thread, you know the drill. Although we've planned out Chaos Theater's topics for all of 2011, nothing is set in stone, and we'll look at any topic suggestions from listeners.

A few guidelines on topic suggestions:

1. Don't suggest any topic for Chaos Theater that falls under the territory of Gundamn. This includes any mecha series, ie Gundam or Macross.

2. You can suggest any topic that falls under the following categories: general anime/manga, video games, comics, sci-fi/fantasy (books, TV shows, movies).
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Slyther2rao

Re: Topic Submission Thread: Ultimate Marvel

Sweet! I'll post my suggestions as and when they're needed. As for a topic? How big into American Comics are you guys? (Marvel e.t.c). What are your views on the Ultimate Marvel universe? If so have you guys read any of the comics? What are your views on them? How do they stand up compared to 616?
Leroy Landers

Re: Topic Submission Thread

I suggested this topic before but now I'll suggest it again since it is more appropriate for your new show.

Previously on Gundamn you've reviewed sci-fi shows such as Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, and also took a look at the Star Trek franchise. I would like to see a review of some more obscure series that don't get much attention anymore. I suggest segments on Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Babylon 5, Farscape, and Blake's 7. I think it'd be neat to have you do segments on some of these especially Farscape it's curiously underrated, and you don't hear anything about B5 anymore, even DS9 gets glossed over in favor of TOS, TNG, and the new move.
Mu La Flaga

Discussion of SciFi movies that are notable for one reason or another or ones you just plain like to talk about whether or not everyone likes these movies.

Judge Dredd, District 9, Demolition Man, Blade Runner, The Fifth Element, Starship Troopers(and sequels), Event Horizon, Universal Soldier(and sequels), The Terminator series movies, Independence Day, Stargate, Total Recall, the Matrix movies, Gamer, the Running Man, Aliens movies, Alien vs Predator, Predator movies, Back to the Future movies, Gattaca ect.
That is all I have for suggestions for now, hope you guys might find them interesting.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
TheGoose

1. A discussion of the the old and new series of the show, Doctor Who. How'd you discover the show, what do you like and dislike about it, favorite Doctor, etc.

2. Perhaps "round-up," type segments for the many tv shows and movies of the Star Trek franchise?

3. Discussions of the Alien movies.

4. Discussions of comical science fiction tv shows, movies, and books (Mystery Science Theater 3000, Red Dwarf, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Men in Black, etc).

5. A discussion of the awful TV special, the Star Wars Holiday Special.

6. A discussion of the terrible movie, Battlefield Earth.
Last edited by TheGoose on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FordR

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on the Stargate Franchise and the most recent show Stargate Universe, as well as its cancellation.
AKA- TheTrueYup
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Would Chaos Theater like to do a Scifi Toilet segment on Ultraviolet? You guys should have your fun once in a while.

I also find that I have a really hard time finding good samurai anime. Most shows seem to just capitalize on the aesthetic or idealism rather than actually be good. For instance, Bleach is slow and lame, and Samurai Deeper Kyo had such ridiculously cheap fight animation that I burst into laughter every time I think about it.

Personally, I really love the two Jubei-chan seasons, and Tsukikage Ran is my favorite anime of all time. Does Chaos Theater have any other suggestions?

(Oh, and Kenshin/Samurai X is already a given. A spotlight on Kenshin would be cool though.)
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
snoops619

I think you should talk about the Ratchet and Clank series because it's awesome.
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
Slyther2rao

Lost my login but now am back!

Would be interesting to do an anime toilet style segment on the Star Wars prequels?
snoops619

It would also be quite interesting if you could talk about the plethora of Marvel Movies past, present and future. Y'know, the ones to check out, the ones to avoid etc..
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
Mu La Flaga

From my question in the mailbag.
Arcade gaming, can go more in depth in to that if you guys want to or not.
jabman025

Western comics you like and dislike, story arcs of certain comics that you loved or hated, Characters you hate, love, or love to hate
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Furious Rodimus

1.How about The Dark Tower sage by Stephen King as a topic?

2.Also, the novel, manga and movie adaptations of Battle Royale.

3. The Best and Worst parts of The Star Wars expanded universe.

4. initial D.
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
gundamtype0

An in depth discussion of the Saint Seiya franchise would be great.
Koshernova

Gundam Type 0 beat me to it! Talking about Saint Seiya would be fab. I know I'd like to listen to it (hell, if it was a listener call-in, I'd call in, since Saint Seiya was a massive pop culture event in much of South America). EDIT: Chris, do you own any of the Myth Cloth figures? If so, what's your fave?

If you guys were interested, I'd suggest a 'Shonen Round-up', looking at both big, famous tittles (you already did One Piece, but think Rurouni Kenshin, Shaman King, etc). And if you're into sports anime, a Sports Anime Round-Up would rock.

I'd also like to hear you guys talk about CLAMP and/or Shoujo shows/manga you're into.
Last edited by Koshernova on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There's always hope tomorrow will be taco night."
wielder

That's not a bad idea at all and, as redundant as it may seem, I can't help but join in.

For the record, I did submit a Saint Seiya mailbag question a short while ago...but even if it was slightly critical in tone, the show was still a blast to experience back in the day and my later qualms or complaints can't possibly change that.

If anything, you could say that my love for the material was precisely what made me want to see Kurumada take full advantage of it. That being the case, I'd definitely have to agree, as the subject would benefit from an extended discussion on the podcast too.
Soul Eater, the True Rune
TheGoose

Before I forget again, a topic about the original Space Adventure Cobra show, along with the second series, OVAs, and movie would be awesome to listen to.
Mekton GM

Seeing as Chris is a fan of Legend of The Galactic Heros, why not have a segment covering its psyudo succecer series Crest/Banner of Stars.
The Great great great great great great great great grandfather of HOWARD MASON!!!!!!
Xbox Live Gamertag: Anubis214
Dollow

Mekton GM wrote:Seeing as Chris is a fan of Legend of The Galactic Heros, why not have a segment covering its psyudo succecer series Crest/Banner of Stars.
I second that, I am a hugh of fans of that series!!!! Please try and make it happen.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
kayone73

I'll throw it out there since it hasnt been mentioned yet.

Fullmetal Alchemist, discussion of the original 2003 anime series vs the relaunch 2010 series FMA:Brotherhood.

I've just started getting into Brotherhood big time and been filling in time going back and watching the original series, and lets just say my opinions of the two are firmly established.