Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
MCTDread

Re: Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

Happy New Year fellas.

Have any of you read Drew Karpyshyn Darth Bane books? Or any of the EU Star Wars books or comics?

And finally which comics and books are you looking forward to in 2015?
The Fowl Sorcerous

When the otter of Offerings has seized control of the world's governments who will be the first ones with their backs against the wall?
[[lorem ipsum]]
zero_the_masked_knight

Haylah!

Come for the fanservice, stay for the quality story or some other reason. Has this ever happened to you?

It's how I got into green lantern, I liked Arisia's character design and picked up a Blackest Night trade with her in it. The story was really good, so I started following Green lantern after that. What about you?

Take care!
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
YokozunaBulldozer

THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOOOOO

1. What would you replace Gym Training Laundry with to form a new GTL?
One example would be Games Takoyaki Lasers.

2. If Westside Story reboot was a thing what ridiculous name would you give the two factions? Shirts and Blouses are banned.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Mu La Flaga

Yo gentlemen in the theatre of chaos!
Mu has some questions to ponder on.
Bear with me on question 1 Chris, I need to lay out my thoughts here.
There is a TLDR option for question 1 if you want it.
Question 2 is alot more concise and shorter sir.

1.So recently I've been going through the Star Trek movies(the BluRay collection)
Been nice to watch them all,
however I've always felt some of the movies could easily be dropped.
Movies 4 and 5 namely
(especially when movies 2 and 3 have linked events and leads eventually to movie 6)
But you know this might be a controversial thought, but I'm not big on Voyage Home, it feels like a VERY filler entry of a movie no matter how many times I've watched it.

TLDR: Do you guys feel Star Trek movies 4&5 could be skipped and very filler-ish movies overall?
I believe so to be the case for both of them.
(Voyage Home I mean)
It even shares some bad elements/ideas from the first movie.

A}Giant random alien probe out of nowhere to threaten Earth(the only reason for the time travel story of Voyage Home)
B)And no central enemy/opponent.

So do you guys agree/disagree?, I find it to be the weakest movie and you could skip from Search for Spock to Undiscovered Country.

2.Do you have any thoughts on the"Night at the Museum" series of movies?
I have thus far rather enjoyed them, I saw part 3 when it came out in cinemas.
I hope the series ends on part 3, also a RIP note to Robin Williams.

That is all for the questions, until next time, Mu.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
zero_the_masked_knight

Hi, Guys!
Flash quize, Looove edition..

Feel the love!

1) White chocolate or dark chocolate?
2) Churros or marshmallows?
3) British Tea or Japanese Tea?
4) Cupid's arrow or love potion?
5) A relaxing drive by the countryside or a relaxing drive by the beach?
6) Jill Valentine, Faye Valentine, or Mai Valentine?
7) Qipao or Cheerleader outfit?
7) Stephen Amell or Chris Evans?
8) Riker/Troi or Han/Leia
9) Loving Capcom with Soulbro, or loving Sir Bay with Neo?
10) Playing a Wii, a Kinect or a Move Together?
11) Ruling thru looove, or ruling thru Fear?

Love conquers all with violet light!
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
YokozunaBulldozer

HELLO
1. If you were a protagonist of a MOTHER game what would your weapon be?

2. Name one cartoon, movie, or anime that would become straight-up comedy by being dark and gritty.

3. If a wild magikarp and a wild metapod, two pokemon that have absolutely no combat skills whatsoever, were face to face in a duel which one would win?
Wingnut

I know we don't do news here like on Gundamn, but I think you can make an exception in this case for a minute given the subject.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/arts/ ... .html?_r=0

The result being end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtQUePN5y40
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
fearjunkee

Which game creator needs to GTFO the most: David Cage, or Peter Molyneux?
Mu La Flaga

Hello gentlemen.
So here is the question I've got this time.
It's been alluded to and discussed in brief on CT and Gundamn.

So is there anything more to be told of the infamous Jaycon experience/s?
And has anything topped Jaycon? (in infamy)

That occured a few years ago, it seems to be one of those hillariously bad kind of convention experiences.

I've not had such an experience with conventions yet myself.

Finally to elaborate on ST 4 opinion.
I did say how it shared some bad elements/ideas from the first movie as I noted as points A and B in my last mailbag entry.

A}Giant random alien probe out of nowhere to threaten Earth(the only reason for the time travel story of Voyage Home)

B)And no central enemy/opponent.
Don't they sound famillar?
(the only ship that can stop it is a beaten up Bird of Prey, really?)

I guess for me it just seems weak, because somehow I've ended up seeing that movie far too many times somehow over the years.
So that is how my opinion came to be on it.

PS: It'ld be nice to see some of your guests return for segments.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CanadaMan

It is thanks to the fine gentlemen of Chaos Theater that I have met with great success in choosing gifts for the Reddit Secret Santa exchanges. I have sent the first two Dresden Files books to two separate giftees. One day I shall treat myself to some Harry Dresden.

Thank you Chris and Pedro, Esquires of House Awesome.

And now a question: the Otter of Offerings has offered to do his Otter deeds on five people or organizations of your choice. His price: your tongues and hands. Do you accept? Whom do you choose to be the Otter's next victims?
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
YokozunaBulldozer

CHAOS THEATER POWERS ACTIVATE

<One Shall Stand Two Shall Fall Lightning Round>

1. Ninten - Ness - Lucas

2. The Dude from Big Lebowski - Hans Moleman from Simpsons - Mr. Mackey from South Park

3. frosted cereal - chocolate cereal - mix grain cereal

4. Jackie Chan Adventures - Chuck Norris & Karate Commandos - HULK HOGAN's ROCK 'n' WRESTLING

5. Frieza - Cell - Majin Buu

6. Ultron from Avengers - Giygas from MOTHER games - Kyubey from Madoka Magica

7. Yosemite Sam - MODOK - Newman
Cultclassic

Hey 2 theater cinema showing Chaos,
Chris, I have listened to you since episode 8 of gundamn and during that time I listened to what you preached. I fully believe that you should support the things you like. But here is my problem, I cannot directly support chaos theater and gundamn. The four of you guys are putting out quality shows here at what I assume is a large cost, so is there some way you can set up a patreon, or an indiegogo?
I want to show you my appreciation with money.
CanadaMan

I wish I could think of more questions for the mailbag, but I never want to lower myself or the two of you down to the level of stupidity of the internet.

QUESTIONS EH?!

A platypus and an otter find themselves in a deserted street late at night. They are told they must fight, and to the victor goes the spoils of war: life. Who will win, and if you are feeling up to it, why?
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
The Fowl Sorcerous

if you became the template for a clone army would you take an unaltered clone to raise as a son?
[[lorem ipsum]]
yazi88

Hello to the pyro-obsessed men of Chaos!

1. How surprised are you guys with the localization/releases of games that had a dim chance of coming out within the past year. Suikoden 2 (albeit the original buggy PS1 version) and Yakuza 5 (digital only) suprised me out of nowhere cause I pretty much kept my expectations low given Konami and Sega's reputation in the past couple of years.... I try to keep my expectations in check so I won't be disappointed in certain announcements (AKA don't want to be a hoper and dreamer) and that its nice to be proven wrong by being pleasantly surprised sometimes... or maybe I'm just pessimistic.

2. Its pretty common to hear actors do voice over work in animated shows and especially in movies. Are there any particular actors whom you guys were suprised to hear in certain shows or any you want to give voice acting a shot? I'd personally love to hear Idris Elba do some voice over work, anything with him is usually awesome... (except Prometheus....)

3. Chris, given how you are watching Flash, do you and Pedro found comfort in Captain Cold's accomplice Heat Wave, who is obsessed with burning things and makes Fire puns all the time?
YokozunaBulldozer

[
HELLO

1. Have you gents tried the ghostbusters game from a few years ago that some dub as the spiritual sequel to the first two movies? If so what are your thoughts?

2. Which fictional character would be your co-host in your own cooking show and what types of foods would you guys tackle with that co-host? Go wild.

3. Turns out there is an Anti-hulk vs Hulk comic. Will you two fine gents ever be reviewing it in the future?
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ori ... dc11-0.jpg
bertman4

What are your thoughts on Shenmue 3?
http://kck.st/1IGjtva
Dollow

This is basically a meme at this point, so may as well ask it here.

Where were you when The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Shenmue 3 was announced?

Next Question

Where do you see the future of handheld console gaming? I know this question might sound funny coming from me (ROFLcopter), just a simple question which I am sure can be a long or short answer, but something as we go forward with the 3DS(N3DS) turning 4 years and the Vita hitting 3.5 years.

Sincerely Yours,

Dollow Rlance
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
zero_the_masked_knight

Hi, Guys!

1) What makes a good prequel? What is an example of a good prequel? I would say a good prequel is one that expands the universe further and introduces elements that can be used in an eventual sequel. An example would be MGS3- all of the characters in MGS3 played a huge role in MGS4 and were used rather well. Plus, Kojima was able to build up on what he started with MGS3 to flesh out the character of Big Boss more.

2) Some stories are planned out from the beginning, while others are "made up as you go along"
a) The former isn't a guarantee that a story will be good, but can you think of examples of Stories that were well planned out but ended up sucking anyway?
b) Do you know any stories that are made up as the writer goes along, but are good nonetheless? I would again recommend Metal Gear. It's clear that Kojima makes stuff up as he goes along with Metal Gear, but even so, each installment of the Metal Gear franchise has been good. What about you?

Take care!