Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
daigundam lagaan

Re: Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

Oh hai gais.

So I've been looking more into Robert Patinson's hatred of the Twilight franchise and the fact that he still gets money by being in something that he hates (of course, this statement is up for correction if I'm wrong but this is only leading up to my question).

1.If you were offered a crud ton of money for starring in a remake of a move you hate a whole lot, which movie would it be? Of course, you have to star as the character that gets the most screen time.

2. If it were a movie adaptation to an Anime, book, or game you hate, which will be the one that you would be the most willing to star in?
Last edited by daigundam lagaan on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
YokozunaBulldozer

HOWDY
Which one of these characters would save the Walking Dead universe from the zombie apocalypse?
a. Kenshiro
b. Vault guy from Vault 101
c. Chuck Norris
d. Rob Riggle
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
The Fowl Sorcerous

what is the origin story of how you and pedro met? how will the gritty, teen-friendly reboot of the podcast ruin this story forever?
[[lorem ipsum]]
Saber

Guten Tag and greetings from Germany,

1a. Do you think that Daisuke and Shouji Sato will ever get their act back together and continue HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD? It has been almost two years since the manga officially went on hiatus and probably closer to three since the last chapter was released. Do you have any particular wishes on what you would like to see when / if the manga is continued?

1b. In the meantime, Shouji Sato has been publishing his own manga called Triage X that has seven or eight volumes by now and it was recently announced that an anime based on the manga has been green-lit. Has either of you read any of Triage X and if so, what do you think about it?

2a. What is your take on the ever-increasing amount of fanservice in anime these days? It seems as if hardly any show these days can afford not to feature some sort of nudity in it, whether it benefits the series itself or not. Are nudity and fanservice really that revenue-generating in Japan at the moment, or why is it that so few shows these days appear to have enough confidence in their story and characters to not have to resort to such methods? It appears as if fanservice has deteriorated from being just a little tongue-in-cheek bonus for fans of a show to a household mainstay that any given show MUST feature.

2b. Depending on your answer to the above, what is your take on fanservice-censoring in TV broadcasts of a show as opposed to uncensored BD and DVD versions? What are the most ridiculous and the most humorous kinds of fanservice censorship you encountered (i.e. brilliant flashes of light, black bars, little SD stickers etc)?
Last edited by Saber on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
zero_the_masked_knight

Will you guys be doing an Interstellar Review? If yes, I'm really looking forward to it. A word of warning though: Neo may feel strongly about it as it isn't tomes friendly.

Take Care!
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
YokozunaBulldozer

1. You two are original characters in the View Askew Universe.
Which film would you be in and what kind of character would you be?
Also, what would your relations be with the existing characters we love or hate?

2. Your dream car from fiction please. Mine is the Devil Z aka that blue Nissan from Wangan Midnight.

3. At which street will Jump Street end? I got a fever and the cure is more Jump Street.

P.S. In case my silent greeting made you think what the deuce, it is just me speaking Silent Bob. Snoogans.
Berserker 8

Hola señores!

What are your thoughts on the gaming industry as it relates to AAA titles?

Personally, I haven't enjoyed the recent trends of games having major flaws on release date (Assassin's Creed Unity, Master Chief Collection) as well significant components of its story being locked away for DLC (Destiny). I feel that this is a byproduct of 1) after release online patches (reducing attention to quality control during development) and 2) Pre-order numbers.

Basically, I'm really "salty" after Unity and hearing there are micro-transactions in a campaign focused game and requiring a forced download of a mobile app to open in game chests. Congrats Ubisoft you are the new EA.

keep up the awesome work!
Amuro, Char, Spike, and Lelouch just have to be alive, they are alive right? , right... ?
zero_the_masked_knight

Hi, Guys!

I'm sorry but I can't help it. It's one of those times that the more you tell someone not to do something, the more they want to do it.

1) Which would you rather be stuck in, the Walking Dead Gameverse, or White Walker overrun Westeros in eternal winter?

Okay. I've gotten that out of my system. Now for the real questions.

2) This is more for Chris as he has worked in retail before and has attacked the notion of "the customer is always right". But if Pedro has any insights or advice, they would also be appreciated. Some Pizza restaurants have policies wherein if they're late it's free. Some restaurants have similar rules for failures to issue receipts. Have you worked under such policies, and what do you think of them? Is there some wiggle room, or are they absolute?

This last one is more for Pedro, but if Chris has also finished "The Last of Us", his answers will also be welcome. If you're going to do a segment on the game in the future, please feel free to skip this.

3) What do you think of Joel's last decision in the hospital, especially in comparison to the situations and decisions in Telltale's Walking dead? Personally, I thought it was shortsighted and selfish. I also got the impression that given her behaviour later, Ellie would've been willing. Then again, like the Walking dead, it is a horrible world and there's little chance of things ever going back to the way they were. What about you?

Take care!
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
thehod

Salutations Mr Chris and Mr Pedro,

Just finished with Epcot's food and wine festival the other week and was curious on the strategy you gentlemen would use in navigating and enjoying the festival? My wife and I usually go clockwise towards Mexico's directions so we can hit Germany (insert the Germans speaking) faster and get that delicious Schöfferhofer Grapefruit beer. Also the Beir Garden is nice to go to year round (provided you get reservations early). But we found also the crowds tend to mostly go counter clockwise.

question 2: with your love of telltale games is there a franchise, show, movie, comic you would love to see in the telltale format? My choice would be Doctor Who or Indiana Jones.

anyways good job and keep up with the great entertainment.
MCTDread

Which video game franchises need to go dark for a couple of years to avoid over saturation *cough ASSASSINS CREED *cough? And which video game franchise would you love to make a comeback?
YokozunaBulldozer

HELLO

1. I recently came to a conclusion that the whole evolution of Whismer to Loudred then finally Exploud is dubstep materialized in the form of a pokemon. Do you gents agree?

2. After X-Men: Apocalypse, how should the live-action x-men film be rebooted? Myself personally I was thinking it would be fun to have the 1990s animated series roster complete with Morph played by Robin Lord Taylor a.k.a Gotham's Penguin.

3. Which actor would you like to see play a race-swapped character like Nick Fury? Michael Cera as Shaft is banned since Donald Glover already called it. :D
YokozunaBulldozer

HAPPY NEW YEAR

1. How much would you guys pay to see Free Kyogre, the heartwarming tale of a pokeman and a boy?

2. Sakuragi shaving off his red pompadour was quite a turning point in SLAM DUNK for me. Likewise are there any memorable manga moments from at least a decade ago that left quite the impression?
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:12 am, edited 6 times in total.
zero_the_masked_knight

Hi, Guys!

Happy new year to you!

1) Which game do you think would benefit from having a gender swapped main character, or an option to design your own character and choose the gender?
I would say Watchdogs. The main character is so generic that it literally doesn't matter what the gender is. The hacking mechanic is pretty well done, so I think a female player character would make it a rather good GITS game.

2) Do you guys use cheat codes? If so, what are your favorites? I enjoyed spawning tanks and fighter jets in GTA San andreas. I also enjoyed spawning ally and enemy bots in Jedi Academy and watching them fight each other. From the same game, I often gave myself Mind Trick lv. 4 which allows you to take control of an enemy. Lots of LOLs ensued.

Take care!
Last edited by zero_the_masked_knight on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
CanadaMan

Hello eh?

Simple question: have you delved into the Wing Commander universe at all? It could be the games or the books, or both. Please, please, please, do not acknowledge the movie with Freddie Prinze Jr.
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
fearjunkee

Hey guys,

If you need more Dresden-y goodness, there's a pretty well-written fan-made novel set in the Dresden verse called Fair Vote. It follows a Tibetan-born wizard named Dorje (but goes by the name George Saga), who lives in Miami and gets tangled up with selkies, demonic uber-lawyers, the White Court, and Miami politicians. While there are some flaws to George (he doesn't hex technology like normal wizards, which came across as a tad Mary Sue-ish), it's interesting to see how his Asian-influenced magic works differently from Harry's more Westernized arcane sensibilities. I highly recommend giving it a read.

You can download a PDF version here: http://tinyurl.com/np98ptf
The Fowl Sorcerous

at what point did it become part of internet forum decorum to declare you're stating an opinion when the phrasing of an opinion tends to be apparent? how long before we abandon this buggering noise?
[[lorem ipsum]]
YokozunaBulldozer

HELLO
1. If Bryan Cranston continued doing anime post-Macross Plus which role would you folks have liked to see him in?

2. Say that you two were misguided to the terrigen mists instead of the geysers in Palm Springs by some idiot tour guide. What would your new inhuman name be and what kind of powers do you manifest?

3. If anime was a person, what words of blessings would you tell it for 2015?
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
zero_the_masked_knight

Haylah!

1)Have you read any novelizations of movies? If so, what are the best ones you've read and what are the worst ones? Also, do you think there's any point of making novelizations?

As I've been watching more and more TV recently, I've started to realize that movies and TV work because they are in those mediums. It wouldn't be the same if a certain actor isn't bringing a character to life or there isn't any cinematography that you're seeing. A Novelization can potentially take away the very things that makes a movie work. I do, however, enjoy Matthew Stover's novelization of ROTS. It does a really good job of getting into the characters' heads. I actually prefer it to the movie. What about you?

2) Obligatory: What movies are you looking forward to this 2015? Age of Ultron and TFA are banned.

Take Care!
Last edited by zero_the_masked_knight on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wingnut

Sir Patrick Stewart wears a festive singing hat while his wife watches (and giggles) on.

After watching that video, what's the silliest Christmas gift you have ever gotten or seen someone get?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
daigundam lagaan

Oh Hai Gais

Which fictional character would you guys like to have in frozen carbonite and in display in your rooms?
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.