Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Mu La Flaga

Re: Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

Hey Guys.
Just dropping in to leave a mailbag entry(and a YO! for Pedro since he greets enthusiastically)
Also interesting how split you are on opinions to movies, I find myself siding with Pedro's opinions on the list more, but hey I like or can tolerate most of them, so consider it oddball perhaps.

Anyway here is the main question.
Having recently got a PS3 myself and all that, would you like to give your most infamous Australian criminal some recommendations?
Here is my list to narrow it down.

Amazing Spider-man(or Speeder-man), Batman Arkam Asylum, Mass Effect 2 and 3, Soul Calibur 4 and 5, Heavy Rain, Time Crisis 4, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, Ultimate MVC3, Disgaea 3 and Bioshock.

So put some ideas out there and I will consider them.
Also got any plan to get or look out for?
I intend to get/want, Tekken Tag 2 and Deadpool.

Thanks as always guys, look forward to your answers.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haro_meister

Hi Chris,

Since you own a samsung galaxy Tab, I just want to know your thoughts in the Patent War between apple and samsung (apple won by the way). Do you think that the US patent system is broken? do you think Samsung really copied Apple's iphone and ipad? Thanks and keep up the good work.

-your Filipino Listener
snoops619

Which of the Phase 2 Marvel films are you guys looking forward to most? Also, do you think
Spoiler
Thanos
will make a good villain for Avengers 2?
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
bertman4

Question about social media. Are you active on Facebook, Google+, and/or Twitter? How active are you? How do your use one versus another?
daigundam lagaan

O Hai gais. I have 4 questions for you, and please skip the ones that were already asked before here.

1. If you guys had to have one goofy scene from the 60's Batman TV shows recreated in one of the Christopher Nolan movies, what scene, in what movie, and why? For example, I would have Heath Ledger Joker and BatBale surfing against eachother as in the 60's show. This is of course, given if any of you have watched 60's Batman

2. What are your opinions on MMO Anime like .Hack or Sword Art Online?
Last edited by daigundam lagaan on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
JHuddle

Hi everybody, first time poster long time listener first of all let me start off with great work guys , I love your podcast look forward to your podcast and gundamn every other week.

1. what beers, malt liqour do you suggest I try ?
2. I know it wont happen , but what if..... you could choose your own charichters for a super robot show, who would they be and why ? would we have lelouch teaming up with trace , ribbons, and haman ? Also , saw zeta gundam for the first time recently after hearing about it on gundamn, I have to say I stood up and applauded and cheered at kats death.

keep up the good work
animalia

while listening to your what you've been up to section of episode 30, and hearing Chris complaints about Aaron Sorkin I Thought of the Woody Allen film Midnight In Paris, and i could not help thinking that it is something that Aaron Sorkin NEEDS to see. My question is if you guys have seen that movie? If so do you agree with me? If not please read the spoiler and let me know then if you agree with me.
BTW feel free to read the spoiler out loud if you feel it is necessary to properly answer my question.
Spoiler
From wikipedia: Gil Pender, a successful but creatively unfulfilled Hollywood screenwriter, and his fiancée, Inez, are in Paris, vacationing with Inez's wealthy, conservative parents. Gil is struggling to finish his first novel, centered around a man who works in a nostalgia shop, but Inez dismisses his ambition as a romantic daydream and encourages him to stick with the more lucrative screenwriting. While Gil is considering moving to Paris (which he notes, much to the dismay of his fiancée, is at its most beautiful in the rain), Inez is intent on living in Malibu. By chance, they are joined by Inez's friend Paul, a pedantic pseudo-intellectual who speaks with great authority but questionable accuracy on the history and art of the city. Inez admires him, but Gil finds him insufferable.

One night, Gil gets drunk and becomes lost in the back streets of Paris. At midnight, a 1920s Peugeot Type 176 car draws up beside him, and the passengers—dressed in 1920s clothing—urge him to join them. They go to a party for Jean Cocteau where Gil comes to realize that he has been transported back to the 1920s, an era he idolizes. He encounters Alice B. Toklas, Cole Porter, Josephine Baker, Zelda and F. Scott Fitzgerald, who take him to meet Ernest Hemingway. Hemingway agrees to show Gil's novel to Gertrude Stein, and Gil goes to fetch his manuscript from his hotel. However, as soon as he leaves, he finds he has returned to 2010 and the bar has disappeared.

Gil attempts to bring Inez to the past with him the following night, but while they wait, she becomes impatient, and peevishly returns to the hotel. Just after she leaves, the clock strikes midnight and the same car arrives, this time with Hemingway inside it. He takes Gil to meet Stein, who agrees to read his novel and introduces him to Pablo Picasso and his mistress Adriana, to whom Gil is instantly attracted. Stein reads aloud the novel's first line
“ 'Out Of The Past' was the name of the store, and its products consisted of memories: what was prosaic and even vulgar to one generation had been transmuted by the mere passing of years to a status at once magical and also camp. ”

Gil spends each of the next few nights in the past. His late-night wanderings annoy Inez, and arouse the suspicion of her father, who hires a detective to follow Gil. Meanwhile, Gil spends more and more time with Adriana, who leaves Picasso for a brief dalliance with Hemingway. Gil realizes he is falling in love with her, leaving him in conflict. He confides his predicament to Salvador Dalí, Man Ray, and Luis Buñuel, but being surrealists they see nothing strange about his claim to have come from the future, finding it to be perfectly normal. They discuss the impossibility of Gil's relationship with Adriana, and each of the artists envisages a different masterpiece inspired by such an unusual romance.

While Inez shops for furniture, Gil meets Gabrielle, an antiques dealer and fellow admirer of the Lost Generation. Gil later discovers Adriana's diary from the 1920s on a book stall by the Seine and discovers that she was in love with him. Reading that she dreamed of receiving a gift of earrings from him and then making love to him, Gil attempts to steal a pair of earrings from Inez to give to Adriana, but is thwarted by Inez's early return from a trip.

Gil purchases earrings for Adriana and, returning to the past, declares his love for her. As they kiss, they are invited inside a horse-drawn carriage by a richly-dressed couple and are transported back to the 1890s Belle Époque, an era Adriana considers Paris's Golden Age. They are taken to Maxim's Paris, and eventually to the Moulin Rouge where they meet Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Paul Gauguin, and Edgar Degas. When Gil asks what they thought the best era was, the three determine that the greatest era was the Renaissance. The enthralled Adriana is offered a job designing ballet costumes, and proposes to Gil that they stay. Gil, however, realizes that despite the allure of nostalgia, it is better to accept the present for what it is. Adriana elects to stay in the 1890s, and they part.

Gil retrieves his novel from Stein, who praises his progress as a writer but questions why the main character has not realized that his fiancée (based on Inez) is having an affair with a pedantic character (based on Paul). Gil returns to 2010 and confronts Inez. She admits to sleeping with Paul, but dismisses it as a meaningless fling (an indicator of Inez's spoiled, selfish personality). Inez's parents agree with Gil when he tells her that they are not right for each other, prompting Inez's father to confess that he had Gil followed, though the detective mysteriously disappeared. (We discover that he was transported to the 17th century.) Gil breaks up with Inez and decides to remain in Paris. Taking a walk at midnight, he meets Gabrielle and, after it starts to rain, he offers to walk her home and learns that she shares his love of Paris in the rain.
daigundam lagaan

I am asking this because I edited my last question not knowing that it was like a day after the last episode aired. This time it's 2

1. What are your opinions on Heroman being a work of Stan Lee? I see that you guys are fans of Marvel, I assume the same would be for Stan Lee(correct me if I am wrong.)

2. Have you guys seen Key anime such as Kanon, Air, Clannad, or Angel Beats!? If so what are your thoughts?
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
Mu La Flaga

Hey Gentlemen in charge of the Theater of Chaos.
Tis time for a question from your Australian criminal.
Keeping it relatively short and simple.

Do you guys have any opinions on the developer Wayforward?

As Pedro mentioned in episode 35 "Aliens Infestation" being one such game(which I have myself).
Also for the 3DS "Mighty Switch Force" which is an awesome little platformer game with some tricky puzzle elements and is getting a HD Wii U re-release and one I would recommend for DSI if get a 3DS.
I also have on my phone Shantae Risky's Revenge.

Which is a looong story tying in to that, I now have a Samsung Galaxy S2 as my previous phone was a 7 year old on it's deathbed Sharp GX10i model.
And even more recently a PSN purchase, Double Dragon Neon.

Finally as for the PS3 list last episode, I should have that was my list of current games, oh well,
although my pile has expanded quite a bit since that post's date.
And I appreciated the recommendations.

That is it guys, keep the interesting episodes coming.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
animalia

have either of you read Medaka Box it is a manga series that MASSIVLY deconstructs mary sues, god mode sues and other sues

For Example Medaka Is a god mode sue who can copy and perfect any talent she comes across however that means she has to stat out of certain key fights for fear of perfecting something that should NOT e perfect like the ability to cause every thing you touch to rot or an abnormal desire to kill people. Also because she excels at everything she doesn't understand regular people for example: one time in an attempt to help her classmates achieve better scores on standardized tests she tries to help them Improve their handwriting so that the test graders have no problem reading it. In other words she thought the only reason everyone else got perfect scores was that the graders could not understand the answers, and then there is ajimu najimmi who has over a Quadrillion abilities and is literally invincible, however because she has never lost she thinks that she is just a character in a story, while technically true in story it means she is delusional, i could go on and on about the deconstructions but if you haven't read it i want to give you a reason to read it and if you have read it i want to give you something to talk about.

Have either of you read the Negima MANGA while the first 2 or so volumes are kinda eh given that Ken akametsu's publisher wanted him to do another another Bishoujo series like love hina at first it quickly became an awesome fighting series. I particularly find the lead character Negi Springfield to be interesting in stead of the typical idiot hero he is instead a kid genius. However beacuse he isn't an idiot his main character flaw is his tendency to overthink things. i could go on but i wont
Dollow

If you could make a game, how would you do it, what would it be, what type of gameplay, what is your story. Platform and studio. Just if your had to make you dream game.

Games you want localize, try not to say the obvious, (Earthbound, Mana,SRW ETC.)

If had the chance to date a female anime character, who would it be, what would you do, where would you go, what would you eat? BE CREATIVE!!!

Does Dale perfer Lunar 1 or Lunar 2?

Happy Dreamcast Day!!!! (Sep 9, 1999)
Last edited by Dollow on Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
haro_meister

Hi Guys,

I have 3 questions:

First: It's been like a year since the vita came out and I'm still hesitating to buy one due to the hidden cost. we all know how powerful it is but people still prefer smartphones for gaming. is the hardcore gaming population dwindling in numbers? or is this another case of japan screwing their own product?

Second:I just want to know your thoughts on anime piracy because finding a legit place that sells anime stuff like dvds and blu-ray in this side of the planet is almost impossible. which leaves me no choice but to watch these things online. I'm willing to pay to get legit physical media but I guess these things will never be as popular as it was before.

Last one: (this is suppose to be posted on gundamn butscrew it, this podcast needs questions) mecha + queen's blade level of fan service. will it work? :)
Flame-X

Hey doods!

1. What's the last concert you've been to?

2. Are you guys fans of the shoot'em up genre games? Examples: 1942, DoDonPachi.

3. Favorite Chuck Norris jokes? Mine would be... "Chuck Norris was bitten by a king cobra. After 5 days of agonizing pain... the cobra died." (that joke was used in Expendables 2 btw)
mobiusdiablo

Pedro! I have question for you - I hear you're putting yourself through an Ayn Randian fest with the Sword of Truth books for a long while, and have not been enjoying it, like in What You've Been Up To. So the question is - why do you do it? You've sacrificed enough, good friend, it's okay if you walk away *pats on shoulder*

Which brings me to question TWO - Chris, Pedro - will there possibly be an Anime Toliet-esque segment once or twice on Chaos Theater, or is that really too much to endure?

And, for the giggles, both of you are given a choice of two ships - Mass Effect's Normandy SR-2 and DS9's Defiant. You may pick and keep one, but the other one will be destroyed and never made again - WHAT DO? :P

Keep up the good work guys, I'll try to keep questions coming.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
sakurangel

Hola camaradas, happy mexican independence day...

Anyhow I have a couple of questions this time

1- pedro, in gundamn! Chris and his minians already said their opinion on the metal gear solid movie coming out soon as 2025( I hope), so what is ur opinion?

2- what consoles did u onw , love, and don't wana sell never in u life? For me will has to be my dreamcast, and poor beatout psp...
Yuri lowenthal- "Angel Lopez(sakurangel) you are the manliest man I ever meet"
Alexis Tipton- "angel is was nice meet you"
sakurangel

Hi guys is me running around asking random questions...
1- crhis, I donno if u hear about saint seiya omega been the destiny of saint seiya and most or all of the hispanic community hated to the ground, what is ur opinion about this and what is ur opinion of SS omega so far?

2- have u guys ever have the chance to watch any anime in another lenguage dub like spanish, french, chinese, etc and that animes are those?

3- pedro, have u already buy lolipop chainsaw? Whaf about you Chris? If you don't played yet, why not? Is very addictive, and make fun of many Romero's movies, fist of the north star, and u can even buy high school of the dead costumes for the main character... so what are you waiting for?
Yuri lowenthal- "Angel Lopez(sakurangel) you are the manliest man I ever meet"
Alexis Tipton- "angel is was nice meet you"
yazi88

Whats up guys I got two questions for you, sorry if they are a bit lengthy.
Although this would be better suited for Gundamn I would like to ask this question because both Chris and Pedro are watching it right now.

So far what is your guys opinion of Muvluv Total Eclipse? I enjoy the show because the mecha designs are quite interesting and the characters are experienced pilots and not noobs unlike most other mecha shows. The really dark tone whenever the Beta show up is nerve wrecking plus the politics going on in the background shows human nature with the deviousness of the Soviet Union.

And my second question:

What are some of the most ridiculous/hilarious/absurd things you have seen in any anime. It could be shocking or just plain stupid or even somewhat serious. I got two examples from my anime watching experience.
1. Flying Panties that eventually outspeed a blackbird supersonic Jet in one of the endings of Sora no Otoshimono (Heaven's Lost Property)
2. a idiot ninja trying to perform some flower growing jutsu and screaming in pleasure while perverted bamboos spring up from the floor and tear off his clothes in the wacky anime Nin-Nin-Shinobudin (Ninja Nonsense).
kayone73

Hey Chris & Pedro

Two questions to sort of follow up to both Batman:TAS and Nolan trilogy segments

1. As fans of smodcast and the Babble On podcasts, what do you guys think of Kevin Smith's new Fatman on Batman podcast? I love the interviews so far, especially listening to Ralph Garman's and Kevin Conroy's life stories. Robin Williams's Julliard roommate...I had no idea.

2. Againg referring to Fatman, Ralph makes it clear that Adam West is HIS definitive Batman and likewise, Kevin Conroy is Kevin's. Chris & Pedro, who portrayed YOUR definitive on screen Batman, I will seriously buy you a beer of your choice if one of you picks Val Kilmer.
animalia

2 video game related questions for you guys

1: what was the sonic the hedgehog game was it that got you both turned off of the series and why did it turn you off

&

2: Have either of you played any games of the Monster Rancher franchise and if so what did you think?
The Fowl Sorcerous

the anti-lightning round:
1. With the move to digital retail and digital formats do you feel that niche (read: nerdy) genres like sf/fantasy and mediums like comics are being pushed further away from mainstream success?

2. is mainstream success a meaningful metric with the power of democratized content on the web, lowered barriers to entry provided by the digital and the this new wave of crowdfunding?

3. what, if anything, will it take for the current comic book movie bubble to pop?

4. when do you think the pop culture zeitgeist will move past vampire and/or zombies? and what will take the place of the undead?

5. Does Zeno's paradox prove that there is no real relative change?
Last edited by The Fowl Sorcerous on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
[[lorem ipsum]]