Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
gregztan

Re: Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

eanetdude wrote:If a gun was put to your head, which would you choose to watch twice in one night, and why?

A) Remake of SCHINDLER'S LIST, directed by Michael Bay
B) $30 million budget live-action ROBOTECH, written and directed by Zach Braff
I would chose $30 million budget live-action ROBOTECH, written and directed by Zach Braff. this movie is worth to watch before you die. lol. :lol:
“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.”
― Seneca
YokozunaBulldozer

HELLO

1. Now that we have Falcon Cap, Ms. Thor, and Tony the Superior Iron App developer, do you guys think these changes could potentially carry on to the MCU? I do remember Chris Evans saying he might leave acting soon to pursue a career as a director.

2. You two are given a load of money and is promised more along with a yacht and robot that feed you grapes if you two make one of the following a huge live action moneymaker:

1. Gummy Bears
2. Biker Mice From Mars
3. Thundercats
4. Street Sharks
5. Go-Bots

Also you have to give Kevin Hart and Peter Dinklage major roles.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
kayone73

Wow dead mailbox, anyway when it fills up again, here's a question from me:

Can you think of any animated or live action show that does a big narrative or tonal shift midway thru the show and did it make the show better or worse in your opinion?

The example Ill give is the anime Samurai Flamenco, which starts off as a funny and somewhat edgy Kick Ass type satire on superhero shows about a guy who loved sentai superhero shows as a kid, has a strong sense of justice but powerless and decides to adopt a superhero personna and fight crime despite being powerless and a lousy fighter, then inspiring others to take up costumed vigilante identities as well. In the next arc of the series it takes a dramatic change where it drastically switches from being very real world grounded to more fantasy based as he starts fighting actual alien monsters and supervillains and all the silly aspects of sentai shows become real. I stuck with the show but it started to lose me after that shift.
CanadaMan

Hello eh?

Two questions this time:

#1 eh? Is a review of Ender's Game going to be a future topic for you gentlemen? It would be very interesting to hear your thoughts on the book and the movie.

#2 eh? What is one unsolved plot-point from Doctor Who you wish to see resolved or used again? Perhaps a return of Jenny from "The Doctor's Daughter"? I think I would really like to know how River Song ends up with the Doctor's screwdriver in time for "Silence in the Library" and "Forest of the Dead".

Thank you kind sirs!
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
Flame-X

Mr. Pedro,

What camera do you use for all your video projects?
zero_the_masked_knight

Hi, Guys,

1) Do you think fictional quotes should be attributed to the Author or the character? For example: the quote "Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heav'n" by Satan in Paradise Lost is often attributed directly to Milton, which either implies that he's "Pro-Satan" or that he is a rebel against authority. Khan and Kirk, for example, did this in Space Seed. But in the actual poem, the context is clear: Satan is trying to spin the situation after he and his followers got their asses kicked. Later, he expresses regret and wavers from his course. In other words, the narrative shows him to be a poser and the overall message Milton intended is the exact opposite of what those quoting him are implying. What would you say is the "best practice"? Should quotes be attributed to the character who said them? The author? Or does it depend on the context? In my case, I usually attribute quotes to the character, unless the author is obviously using them as a mouthpiece or explicitly said that they have the same belief. What about you?

2) In the (Not so) Amazing Spider Man 2 review, Pedro remarked that the reason Gwen Stacy had an outburst about "Being a strong, independent woman and not following Peter's orders" was because "They (The writers) thought the 'tumblr crowd' would like it". This statement really made me curious.

a) Do you guys think that studios are really using social medias to market their works? Either by trying to tailor the dialog to appeal to tumblr users or whoever so they can generate interest by using them in internet memes, or by "shilling" and covertly going on social media themselves and creating said internet memes in order to promote their work, or by other means?

b) If your answer to the last question was "Yes", what do you think of this practice? Do you consider it a valid form of advertising, or do you think it's unethical and may instead have the opposite effect: too much hype that people get annoyed? Also, would you know of any examples?

c) Have you guys experienced meme saturation? In which a series ends up having too many memes that you get tired to f the series and the memes?

Please note that I'm not accusing you of "conspiracy mongering" or anything, nor do I think that such practices - if true - are inherently bad. The remark in the review just made me curious.

Take care!
Last edited by zero_the_masked_knight on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
YokozunaBulldozer

HELLO

POKEMAN SPECIAL

1. TEKKEN has Vegitto'd with Pokemon to be POKKEN. Likewise, which other games should earring fuse next with pokemon?

2. In the Pokemon world what would your occupation be?

3. Which pokemon should be made as a chogokin? I personally would buy a chogokin magikarp and ALSO buy a limited edition gyarados colored variant as well.
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
phillosmaster

So it sounds like you guys are both Grant Morrisson fans. Have either of you read Grant Morrison's The Doom Patrol run? It's one of my favorites.

His take on Cliff Steele and his invention of the character of Mr. Nobody being two of my personal highlights.

Same question for The Invisibles. It has similar themes to his Doom Patrol run. I dug it though it's Morrison during his heavy drug era so it can be a bit cryptic and hard to follow.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
Berserker 8

Bonjour tout le monde,

1) Have you had a chance to play season 2 of the Walking Dead? I personally enjoyed the darker decisions you could make and the season finale made me tear up once again. Well played Telltale Games.

2) How do you feel about the upcoming Star Wars movies not using any of the previous (written) material and that the Expanded Universe books are now non-canon. Also Chris have you been enjoying the Clone Wars show?

3) Thoughts on The Rock as Black Adam and Donald Glover finally being cast as Spider-Man for an episode of Ultimate -Spiderman.

4) What one new video game excites you the most for this upcoming holiday season?

EDIT

5) Have you viewed the back and forth between JJ Abrams and Zack Snyder on twitter and youtube?

As always awesome work guys :)
Last edited by Berserker 8 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amuro, Char, Spike, and Lelouch just have to be alive, they are alive right? , right... ?
Naz

Hi,
1) Who would be your choice of actors to play Doctor Strange? and Deadpool?
2) Would you be interested in reviewing 'Lucy' in the future?

Love your works, guys!
zero_the_masked_knight

Hi, Guys!

It's time. Flash quiz - Trek vs. Wars Edition!

May the Force live long and prosper with you!

1) Blue milk or Prune Juice?
2) Quark's or Mos eisley cantina?
3) Who do you prefer:Jar-Jar or Neelix?
4) Would you rather be a random redshirt or a standard stormtrooper?
5) TPM or The Final Frontier?
6) Ewoks or Tribbles?
7) "It's a Trap!" from ROTJ or "It's a Fake!" from In the Pale Moonlight?
8) R2-D2 or Data?
9) HK-47 or Lore?
10) Shatner's e-nun-ci-ation, or Yoda's Grammar prefer do you, Hmm?
11) Leia's Bikini or Seven's Catsuit/s?
12) Millenium Falcon or Defiant?
13) Death Star or Doomsday Machine?
14) Lando Calrissian or Geordi La Forge?
15) ESB or Wrath of Khan?
Last edited by zero_the_masked_knight on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
YokozunaBulldozer

HELLO

Return Of The King Jedi Three-Way Which Is Better

a. Pokemon Snap-Pokemon Pinball-Pokken

b. MOTHER-MOTHER2-MOTHER3

c. Ken Watanabe-John Goodman-John DiMaggio

d. Michael Keaton-Christian Bale-Batfleck

e. Saiyans-Vulcans-The Kree

f. Fighbird-Mightgaine-Dagwon

g. Newman-Wheelie from G1 Transformers-Senor Ben Chang

h. Night at the Roxbury guys-Matt Foley-Bill Hader impersonating Clint Eastwood

i. orange armored samurai-banana armored knight-grape armored kung fu gunman
see link for reference: http://s4.postimg.org/yk5w6kiwb/fruitarmor.png

j. Cable and Deadpool-Blue Beetle and Booster Gold-Harold and Kumar
Mu La Flaga

Hello Gentlemen.
Here goes the questions for this mailbag entry.

1.Have you played or do you have interest in "Five Nights at Freddy's"?, I personally didn't think it was a game I would EVER play at all, but I purchased it and the game is Nightmare Fuel inducing stuff.
Especially if you find out the story/background of the animatronic robots.

2.Are you looking forward to Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Resident Evil Remake (HD) coming along?
Hopefully Capcom are getting a little smarter and taking SMALL steps to fixing some damage.

That is all, until next time, adios, Mu.
The Fowl Sorcerous

what should i make for dinner tonight?
[[lorem ipsum]]
YokozunaBulldozer

IM RICK JAMES! erm, HELLO!

If you guys were offered a gig on Night Vale Community Radio would you accept under the condition that:
A. The Faceless Old Woman has to live with you guys
B. You guys have to bathe the floating cat
C. Start out as an intern

Or will you guys go work at the radio station in Desert Bluffs?
fearjunkee

Flash quiz!

1. Persona 3 or Persona 4?
2. Elder Scrolls or Fallout?
3. The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?
4. Paper or plastic?
5. Coke or Pepsi?
6. PS Vita or 3DS?
7. Criminal Minds or CSI?
8. Prog rock or punk rock?
9. eBooks or dead trees?
CanadaMan

Hello eh?

Do you fine gentlemen partake in any sports? I myself enjoy casual polar bear jousting and moose flipping.
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
MCTDread

Been listening to Gundamn for a long time and decided to start listening to Chaos Theater. You guys do awesome jobs.

My questions:

For whatever reason is there a certain game in a videogame franchise that you refuse to own or play?

I must admit I did not grow up playing any Legend of Zelda games during my youth. As I look to rectify that by buying the games via Virtual Console is there a particular franchise you feel you missed out on during your youth that you didn’t start till much later?
yazi88

I got some question for you two PYRO-OTAKUS!

1. What older console games do you guys like to see be put digital via PSN or Nintendo E-Shop? On a somewhat related note, why is it that Nintendo wouldn't put SNES, GBA and even a LOT of NES games on 3DS E-Shop? Ain't like it takes much to emulate those old games! It just baffles me that a WII U is needed to play Earthbound while the 3DS lacks a lot of those older games...

2. Why is it that Greg Wiseman's curse kicks in again, with him leaving the production of Star Wars Rebels just after season 2 was greenlit?

3. David Lynch's Crazy Clown Time or Nickelback songs? Which one would you listen to if forced to at gunpoint?

4. Not a question but I have a request to any mechatalk listeners who are skilled at making AMVs, I would like to request on Chris's behalf that a One Piece AMV starring Buggy the Clown be made using Crazy Clown Time as the song, I really think it fits Buggy! Hope you enjoy it Chris! :twisted:
Mu La Flaga

Hello Gentlemen!
So here goes my questions for you both.

1.Is there an overlooked or underated game you always recommend to people to give a chance to?
For me if anyone aksed I would almost always recommend giving "Blur" a go,
as I find it a simple fun NFS kinda racer, but with Wipeout power ups.
If either of you have never played it, I would recommend it. (If have feel free to give thoughts)

2.So I have had a Wii U, I would sometime would be up for playing on Mario Kart 8 or Smash(when it's released).
I know mr Cortes has Smash on 3DS at least.

Curious to hear your answers, from Mu.