Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
sakurangel

Re: Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

hi!!! guys!!! is a great show the one you have here and i have 2 question to offer you...

1- by now you probably know about the new Thundercats animated series be realize on july, so... Is any coming segment where you talk about the old series for nostalgia?

2- this one is for chris... i know you talk about the LUNAR series on solar radio and that was a great episode, but is any way in the future you guys will talk more about the series on chaos theaters?
Yuri lowenthal- "Angel Lopez(sakurangel) you are the manliest man I ever meet"
Alexis Tipton- "angel is was nice meet you"
Mekton GM

Seeing as you guys are fans of Orson Scott Card have you read the Empire Duology were the division of American politics gos from a war of words to an actual shooting war due to the manipulation of a man trying to take America from a Republic into an Empire mirroring the rise of the Roman Empire. I like how he is able to tell the story from a generally political neutral stand point and even has a section at the end of the first book telling both "silent majorities" to speak up and get control of there extreme members. However this neutral point is lost to his hard conservative views in the second book.
The Great great great great great great great great grandfather of HOWARD MASON!!!!!!
Xbox Live Gamertag: Anubis214
Furious Rodimus

On the Gundamn podcast you mentioned that the video game industry is hurting more than they let on. I was just wondering if you'd care to elaborate on the whys and wherefores that have lead the industry to where it is now?
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
Spidey62

Good day Grand Admiral Chris and His bastard son Pedo Snow,The son who even Ned would refuse to love.
I have a few questions for thee.
1. I just listened to the new ep and heard the segment on The ultimate spiderman relaunch, and my question is what do you think of the other spiderman replacement, Ben Reilly or as he's known the scarlet spider from the 90's clone saga.
2.who will be picking up the Star wars Blurays? Or will you hold out incase there's a new version?
3. What are your thoughts of the Hedge Knight comics? Or are you saving that for the song of Ice and fire ep?
Last edited by Spidey62 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
GundamMaker01

Hey Chris and Pedro, long time listener of Gundamn! and just now getting into Chaos Theater. Anyway, listening to Gundamn, I know that you guys aren't really fans of dumb comedy series like Family Guy; can't say that I blame you. But I was wondering what you thought of the Archer series on FX? I personally think it's hilarious because it has what Family Guy lacks: a plot, a continuing story line from episode-to-episode and season-to-season, and jokes that actually derive from the plot. Anyway, I was just curious to know what your opinions were. Thanks for reading.
I can't stand the weak; They're always nervous about when they'll be next attacked. They can't trust anybody and they never have an opinion of their own. I can't stand such people!

"Hey Nicol! Batter Up!!!" - Kira Yamato

Devil_Survivor
Location: Fat's Goodmen's base preparing for Fat's Counterattack

Hello Chaos Theater actors,
I have returned with some more queries for you to ponder. On a recent episode of AAA podcast during the postgame of the show there was a discussion about how the 3DS fell short of Nintendo's exceptions and because of this Nintendo was finished. So I have a few questions about this for you.

1. Haven't we heard this before in the preceding decades with Atari and Sega in the 80's, Sega and Sony in 90's, and Sony and Microsoft in 2000's?

2.Also stated on the show was a rumor that Apple was going to buy out Nintendo, have you heard it? I did some research and what I found was in 2006 that was the rumor shortly before Wii came out and put Nintendo back in first place. Now all the noise is just on Apple cult websites and its the just the usual Apple cult nonsense that the genius of Apple will destroy console gaming with mobile gaming on IPhones and IPads.

3.Someone people have tried to compare this to the Virtual Boy debacle but, that is nonsense as the Virtual Boy only sold 770,000 units and the 3DS has sold over 4 million as of June 30th. What are your thoughts on this?

4.With the Wii U already revealed at E3 and Sony and Microsoft stating their new consoles are somewhere in the development process, is claiming that Nintendo is finished a little ridiculous?

Cheers,
Devil Survivor
This movie has a beginning, a middle, a end, and explosions.... and is not a giant blow job to the U.S. military. -Chris, on Transformers 3.
awesome78

Just a couple of quick questions for you guys.

1. Has there been a show or anime that you have watched where you wanted a side character to have his/her own show? If so what is it?

2. Have you watched or read any anime or manga where the main character was such a cowardly wimp at the start of the series but end up being a total bad ass by the time the series ended? I can think of a couple like the manga version for Mai-Hime and Mai-Otome, the Rosario-Vampire manga, the Sora no Otoshimono manga and Gurren Lagann.

3. And this is to Pedro, what fighting games are you currently playing right now and who do you main on those games.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
Mu La Flaga

Hey guys.
Just got 2 things to ask you for questions.

1.Have you ever come accross a game that seemed good, but it ended up lacking in execution?
An example of this I recently come accross was for PS2 "Red Ninja End of Honor"
I liked the idea of it and the main female character's story, but the camera system makes it so hard to play let alone be stealthy when you need to be.

What can you guys think of?

2.And this one is just a curious question extension from my arcade games question from episode 4(sort of)
So since I know you both like shoot em ups are you fans of any particular series or just one off titles more?
Here are some names of arcade or console shoot em ups I'm in to or have played and completed.
Raiden Series, Aerofighters 1&2, 1945 1&2, Axelay, Darius Twin(need to get in to the other Darius games)

I do want to get in to the R Series and UN Squadron/Area 51 shoot em up games.

Also how often do brains get remixed and what elements are needed?
A blender, an audio mixer, alcohol, a theater of chaos? :P

Anyway curious to hear your answers and thanks guys.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Arbiter GUNDAM

To the right honorable Chris Guanche, Lord of Fantasy, Sci-fi and Mecha and Pedro the Pedo-est of Pedobears and (IIRC) Chief Gurren Laagan Fan,

Now, is it just me, or does barely anyone use laser guns in sci-fi anymore? I can't really recall anything sci-fi in the last ten years that has used lasers, blasters, ray guns, phasers, what have you, except maybe StarCraft and the 2009 Star Trek. What's the deal? Personally, I blame it on the general decline of sci-fi and creators trying to make it seem as cool as possible with stuff like big honkin' futuristic assault rifles that spray bullets, blood and shell casings everywhere.

Since I now know that Pedro is Mass Effect fan #1, two quick questions--

A. Which is more fun to play as, DudeShep or FemShep?
2. What's your favorite quote from the games? And, don't say, "My name's Cmd. Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." :D
Last edited by Arbiter GUNDAM on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Hyakushiki

To the crew of Chaos Theater,

I was wondering what your opinion is on the news that a new Blade Runner movie is in development.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 47839.html

It appears Ridley Scott's on board and Harrison Ford may be returning. There is no script yet since they haven't hired a writer yet, so word whether this will be a prequel or a sequel, but Scott insists it will not be a remake. (thank goodness)

Personally, it's too early for me to say if this is a good or bad thing but it looks promising it remains to be seen if it will live up to the original regardless what form the final film takes.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
sakurangel

hi amigos how you been... i only have one cuestion today, What is your opinion in the disaster that is ADULT SWIM in todasy era? (for me the only reason i still wathined is because saturdays for the not to bad anime they have)
Yuri lowenthal- "Angel Lopez(sakurangel) you are the manliest man I ever meet"
Alexis Tipton- "angel is was nice meet you"
TheSuspiciousRedLamp

This frenchman answers Chris' distress call from episode 84 to give support to Mu.
Sorry for any mistakes, either grammar or vocabulary. As you all know, this Suspicious Red Lamp lives in a Suspiciously Red District that has french as the dominant language.

1. Have you guys tried any visual novels?? If you did, which ones have been a good experience?? I personally enjoyed Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night from Type-Moon and G Senjou no Maou. The three of them have great story-telling and have some really shocking and unexpected moments, especially in the Heaven's Feel path of F/S N. (I'm not done with G Senjou no Maou, I'm slowly making my way through the different paths)

2. Have you guys read some of the stuff from Narita Ryohgo?? He's the author of popular novels' Baccano! and Durarara!! And if you didn't read his stuff, have you seen the very well adapted anime version??

3. Do you guys watch Top Gear at all?? I know you did make some reference to it at Gundamn! but I was wondering if you guys catch up to the show on BBC sometimes and/or watch some of the videos that have been put up on Youtube. For me, it is my personnal favorite show on television ever made. It has great humor, great filming/editing, charismatic hosts and above all, great moments with superb looking cars and pieces of trashes coming right down from the communism land.

PS: I'm not sure if the hurricane has hit you guys yet (probably will have been when you answer my question), but I wish you sincere good luck and hopefully, nothing big.

TSRL, out.
Last edited by TheSuspiciousRedLamp on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Revenge for all those height gags. Every time he's called me "Hamster.""
"This is for every time you've been late and lost."
"All the times you drove into the back of my Cadillac."

The D.D.D. Podcast at your diservice.
prince_of_zeon

Hey guys...comics have been a lot on my mind lately, so I'll try my best at a post of Mu Magnitude:

1) With the Avengers film seemingly being the culmination of all the work done in the Marvel cinematic universe so far, what would you like to see the house of Ideas do post-Avengers? Do you want to see the proposed sequels for Cap, Thor, and even an Avengers sequel? Or would you want to see more standalone films with new superheroes, i.e. Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Dr. Strange (WTFrak?), Black Widow (I know Chris couldn't resist that one...)

2) DC's The New 52-any of the titles you're looking forward to in particular? And, in a broader sense, do you think it is a positive move or one that is more along the lines of unnecessary? Or even detrimental?

3) And this last one is more a fanboy thing, but are you guys Deadpool fans? Have you read any of the books (not in Ultimate, I'm talking the main Marvel universe where Peter Parker is untouchable) and if so, are you looking forward to the proposed 2014 film with Hal Jordan himself, Ryan Reynolds? I recently saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine for the first time and all 5 minutes with Reynold's Wade Wilson were pure gold and have me quite excited for the prospect of him doing a whole movie based on the character.

...PHEW! Take that, Mu.
Twat me: http://twitter.com/#!/Podsyboy

Subscribe/comment me: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaAeizeru

Did Fats Goodman really die at the end of "Fats' Counterattack?"
phillosmaster

What is your guys' take on English dubbing for anime music. I'm personally torn. I can understand wanting to hear the original artist, but I also remember fondly stuff like Melissa Fahn's work on El Hazard, Sharyn Scott and Scottie Haskell's work on Tenchi Muyo as well as many others.

For those who haven't heard the covers mentioned above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAIOBuwd ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_koSKbh8sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy6ZKWq9Yug
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
thehod

Hello Chis and Pedro, had an awesome time a couple weeks back at the Ale House

Question for the two of you: For gaming would you rather have better graphics or better game play? What are your opinions of the Warhammer 40,000 the demo for their space marine game is out and they have had several games on the PC with the Dawn of War series.

As for Pedro: did you enjoy the feast of nachos for leftovers?
gundamtype0

First of all, good job on the podcast. Keep up the good work and keep pounding those brews. Got a couple of questions for you gents:

1. Have you seen the Mai Hime and Mai Otome animes? If you have, what are your thoughts about them? It feels like that both shows are almost forgotten by anime watchers as a whole.

2. I heard that Chris used to purchase Magic: The Gathering cards back in the day. Do you still play or collect them? Any favorite deck types? I personally haven't played for a decade but I started playing the PSN version recently and it brought back some memories.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

1. Mac or PC? Desktop or laptop?

2. Cats or dogs? I personally prefer parrots and maybe fish. I will be acquiring a fancy pleco soon. (A "sucker fish".)

3. What are your thoughts on the original Twilight Zone? I've been watching it with the waifu, but I'm having problems being engaged and dislike the pacing of most episodes.

4. Where do you hide your stash?

5. What are some gems you've found on Netflix?

6. What is your personal advice to the audience this week?

7. The easy way or the hard way?
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
awesome78

When watching a Shounen action show like One Piece or Fairy Tale are you bothered when a character is given a one time only power up to get them out of a situation? I know a lot of people hate this and think that it's lazy story telling however I'm not to bothered by it because it gives the fight some extra excitement when the hero get's a large power up to fight the boss character but what are your thoughts on this concept that authors use when they write themselves into a corner?
snoops619

Pulling a Mu. Hope you don't mind.

1) Are you guys fans of the Bioshock series? I hear it described as an RPG often but I really don't see it. Sure there's lots of story and stuff and you play a named character but you do that in Resistance and Halo and neither of those are considered RPGs. Any thoughts?

2) Which cancelled T.V. series would you most like to see come back? I'm going to take the stock answer and say Firefly. As good as Serenity is, I don't think it worked as well in movie format.

3) Do you like the Harry Potter series or is it not Fantasy enough for you guys?

4) Is it worth starting the Game of Thrones series or should I just watch the show? Bare in mind that come September, I will be a poor student and so will likely be watching shows by borrowing them from the internet.

5) What is your favourite Superhero movie thus far?

Holy shit, I was joking at the beginning but I really did pull a Mu. Sorry. I fully expect a "Too long, didn't read".
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I don't know if you allow cross-podcast questions but I'd like to hear what Neo and Soulbro would have to say if they've seen this: Have you seen the British comedy/sci-fi series Red Dwarf?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion