Neo's News - Listener Submitted Articles

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

snoops619 wrote:
CanadaMan wrote:http://www.gundamnews.net/

A possible replacement?
-phew- Neo's news lives on!
Thank god. My news gathering will be a lot more difficult.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Wingnut

For the first bit of post-Gunota news I bring you this very WTF related article.

Canned Evangelion Bread Ranks Top at Anime Center.
Close up of the product itself.
Note also what it's tied for first with.

Like Spaceballs, product placement knows no limits in Japan.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Vent Noir

Hey, at least it wasn't Evangelion orange juice...
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Thanks for everyone's submissions.

Check out Episode 20.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Battosai28

Hard News:

With Gunota gone, my new best friend gundamnews.net has gotten ahold of some 00 season two character profiles from the official Japanese site. Here they are in their entirety brought to you by the magic of copy and paste.

Andrei Smirnov: Son of Sergei Smirnov, the Wild Bear of Russia. Rank is 2nd Lieutenant.

Regene Regette: The last character we saw at the end of the First Season. Wears the same clothing as Ribbons and has the same features as Tieria.

Claus Grad: One of the leaders of the anti-govermnent force “Kataron”. He has a strong will to oppose the distorted control by Arrows.

Shirin Bakhtiar: She parted ways with Marina and jumped out into the world from Azadistan. She wears a more active attire which differs from when she was in the royal palace.

Ribbons Almack: After five years having gone by, there is no change felt in his form. What does the meaning of the word Innovator have?

Sergei Smirnov: Not having participated in Arrows, he became a member of the Earth Allied Forces after the unification of the three superpowers.

Soma Pieres: Having grown over the passing months and years, she shows more characteristics of a person, more so a woman with a soft expression.

Wang Liu Ming: Wang changed from a beautiful girl into a beautiful woman. Her once inappropriate smile and eyes seem to show cleverness now.

Masked Man: A mysterious man who consciously wears a solemn mask and battle surcoat. What is his true character?

Louise Halevy: She devoted herself to the uniform of Arrows. Having lost her arm, she cut her hair short. What became of her former charming self cannot be told. (Notation: The text says arm, not hand.)

Sumeragi Li Noriega: She wears the same clothes as usual. Rather than growing and maturing, what features can be seen?

** This says chikyuu rengou gun which is Earth Alliance Forces. I’m not sure if someone updated the site got this confused with the SEED Universe since chikyuu renpou is Earth Federation.

Source: http://www.gundamnews.net/

Hard News:

Looks like bandai made enough money combining Gundam and Dynasty Warriors that they are going to see if they can do it again. Check out some screens of Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 at http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ ... lt;title;0

WTF News:
Combining Dynasty Warriors and Gundam...$60
Doing it twice...Priceless

OK Neo, so I can't match the awesomness of Pundam. Sue Me.
Like all good things, my 318 days in Japan have come to an end. Thank you everyone for such an awesome year!
xgundamdoodx

how about

predictions on the abilities of the new gundams in 00
Wingnut

Re: how about

xgundamdoodx wrote:predictions on the abilities of the new gundams in 00
You definately have the wrong thread, if not the wrong forum entirely here.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
CanadaMan

xgundamdoodx wrote:predictions on the abilities of the new gundams in 00
You might try here: http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=9999&start=140
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
Destiny_Gundam

A week from now, September 25th, is the release date for the newest SRW game, Super Robot Wars Z, on the PS2. Of course it may be past that date whenever the show you use this is in released though. But no matter.

The series included in this game are:

Gravion (debut)
Gravion Zwei (debut)
Aquarion (debut)
Overman King Gainer (debut)
Eureka Seven (debut)
Baldios (debut)
Orguss (debut)
God Sigma (debut)
Z Gundam movies (debut)
Char's Counterattack
Gundam SEED Destiny (debut)
Gundam X
Turn A Gundam
Grendizer
Getter Robo G
The Big O
The Big O Second season (debut)
Mazinger Z
Great Mazinger
Xabungle
Daitarn 3
Zambot 3

This game has the most debuting series of any SRW game. Also, it's worthy to note that while CCA is listed, they're only including some of the mechs (namely the ReGZ and the Nu Gundam), not the actual story line.

The Original Real is called the Balgora. It's got a huge gun. Piloted by 19 year old Setsuko Ohara. She's a member of a team with two others.

The Original Super is called the Ganleon. It's got a huge wrench. The main pilot is a 27 year old named Rand Travis. He has a 16 year old side kick named Mail Beater.

There are also two rival characters.

The main plot revolves around all sorts of crazy cross-dimensional mishaps.

Famitsu scored it straight 9s, making it the highest rated SRW game ever.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
xgundamdoodx

Wingnut wrote:You definately have the wrong thread, if not the wrong forum entirely here.

sorry sorry!
my bad
Demon Lord of L5
Location: DARWEN IN THE COUNTY OF LANCASHIRE IN THE KINGDOM OF ENGLAND

KOEI will being bringing a playable version of DW:Gundam 2 to the London EXPO
http://www.koeiexpo.co.uk/
Last edited by Demon Lord of L5 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COME AND HAVE A GO IF YOU THINK YOUR HARD ENOUGH!!!

BECAUSE I THE DEMON LORD OF L5, ODENST
WILL NOT BACK DOWN TO THAT CHALLENGE
AmuroNT1

Banpresto annouced Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs Gundam Next, the revised version of this year's Gundam vs Gundam. The gameplay engine is being modified and certain MS will be tweaked for balance purposes. The game will feature all MS from the first game, including the PSP-exclusives, and will add 16 more, giving GvGN over 50 MS from all of Gundam. So far four new units have been confirmed: Quattro Bajeena's Hyaku-Shiki, Allenby Beardsly's Nobel Gundam, Duo Maxwell's Gundam Deathscythe Hell, and Gym Ghingnham's Turn X.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
hawk of endymion

Hey, Guys!

Thanks for the submissions.

Check out episode 21!

In the future, make sure you give me the link or reference where the article can be found.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

xgundamdoodx

wow im behind

21 aready!....wow
im still on 19!
lol!
>.<
Chris
Administrator

Re: wow im behind

xgundamdoodx wrote:21 aready!....wow
im still on 19!
lol!
>.<
Please stop posting things in the wrong threads. This is to submit news. If you have a comment on an episode, please post it in that episode's thread.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
snoops619

Hard News:

Casting announcement No. 4 -

Sergei Smirnov - Michael Dobson (General Revil of MSG, Cpn Frederik Ades and George Glenn of Gundam SEED, Dekim Barton of Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz)

Soma Peries - Tabitha St. Germain (Flay Allster, Birdy (Torii), Haro of Gundam SEED)

Marina Ismail - Paula Lindberg (Hisaka Alley of Starship Operators)

Graham Aker - Paul Dobson (Lt. Nichol in Gundam Wing, Tatsuki Mashima of Gundam SEED Destiny, Shin Matsunaga in the Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space video game)

Billy Katagiri - Kirby Morrow (Rey Za Burel of Gundam SEED Destiny, Trowa Barton in Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz, Gyunei Guss in Char's Counter Attack)

Alejandro Corner - Andrew Kavadas (Good ol' Paddy Zala (Patrick Zala) of Gundam SEED)

Source http://gundam00.bandai-ent.com/news/ind ... icle_id=33
PunchAPeach

WTF news

A Swiss man named Yves Rossy flew over the english channel on a homemade carbon-composite wing, powered by four kerosene turbine engines. I saw this on the NatGeo channel and my first thought that it very closely resembles the X-Gear pilot suits from Macross Frontier!
Here's the article:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hQLF ... QD93EGGC84

Here are some pictures of his "X-Gear" in action:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05/ ... 68x338.jpg
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Compo ... hlarge.jpg
http://www.seekextreme.com/images/fusio ... t-wing.jpg
And here he is:
http://www.eyje.com/images/emimages/may ... -pilot.jpg
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

Some more hard news - I don't know if you have any Australian listeners other than myself, but here's some mecha-related stuff from the Madman panel at Manifest:

Code Geass: Madman announced they had this a while ago, it will be coming out in November. The booklets from the US Deluxe edition will be included with the regular release here, not just the deluxe edition. They are also trying to get a TV deal for Code Geass here, and mentioned that there may be new program block beginning on an Australian TV station (my speculation: A local version of the Sci-Fi channel's new block).

Madman were also asked about Gundam 00 and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan, and the response was "I can't say anything" (which generally means it's still being negotiated), although they did add that they really want Gurren Lagaan.
snoops619

Gundam|News wrote:JVC is confirming the release date for Gundam 00’s ending theme “Prototype” by Chiaki Ishikawa as December 3rd. It’ll come with a Gundam 00 original card. The cost will be 1,200 yen.
Source http://www.gundamnews.net/