The Official Gundamn! Saji Crossroad Crew Fan Club

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
The Fowl Sorcerous

I'm behind all of you guys. Saji is my man. It's great to see a civilian's take on the events around him and gives a view into the politics surrounding the story we've never really encountered in a Gundam series before.

As for his future, I'm not sure I want to see him hop in an MS, but he keeps talking about how he wants to be an engineer, maybe he'll start tuning mobile suits for one of the factions (ala Kid from AW:GX).
[[lorem ipsum]]
Zeonic Glory

*Looks at the newest Site Announcement Thread*

Chris, did you make this Saji Fan Club as part of a cruel joke used in a MAHQ update? I get the feeling you did...
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Chris
Administrator

Zeonic Glory wrote:*Looks at the newest Site Announcement Thread*

Chris, did you make this Saji Fan Club as part of a cruel joke used in a MAHQ update? I get the feeling you did...
Life is a cruel joke. :P
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
thehod

Saji then has been the punchline of that cruel joke these past two episodes.

Yea just when we thought Soul Bro's man Saji might run into some Mrs Robinson action with Louise's mother. She went the way of many mothers in the Gundam franchise. Though I will admit Uso's mom had it worse.
Teki

thehod wrote:Saji then has been the punchline of that cruel joke these past two episodes.

Yea just when we thought Soul Bro's man Saji might run into some Mrs Robinson action with Louise's mother. She went the way of many mothers in the Gundam franchise. Though I will admit Uso's mom had it worse.
Yea Usso's mom takes worst mom death in Gundam. Man after episode 20, I feel for our man. Why in such short time does everyone he love just get tortured by our maniacle insane enemies (Nena and Ali, Ali being more just war hawk then Maniacle but stiil).
Arbiter GUNDAM

Like him, meh him or outright hate him, you've gotta feel sorry for Saji with both his hot girlfriend and his hot sister brutally attacked.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Zeonic Glory

Maybe if they weren't hot, they wouldn't have been attacked? Let's hope Saji pulls through and fights the powah! :mrgreen:
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Zeonic Glory wrote:Maybe if they weren't hot, they wouldn't have been attacked?
Law of Dramatica dude. Wanna piss of a guy? Hurt a woman. Works almost all the time (at least for me) in TV, movies, books, you name it.

--Freyja Wion
Strike Zero

Jesus, what are the directors trying to do to Saji here? It's bad enough that Louise lost her hand and broke up with him. Now Ali had to go and kill his sister.

He's pretty much taken the cake as far as crappy weeks go.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Destiny_Gundam

Strike Zero wrote:Louise lost her hand and broke up with him.
Uh, Louise didn't break up with him. She just told him to not worry about her and to go home to fufill his dream.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Strike Zero

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Strike Zero wrote:Louise lost her hand and broke up with him.
Uh, Louise didn't break up with him. She just told him to not worry about her and to go home to fufill his dream.
Coulda fooled me with the way he was obsessing over those text messages at the train station. :P
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Destiny_Gundam

He was probably just bummed that when he goes back to school he'll no longer be 'the guy with the hot girlfriend that's way too good for him' and just be 'the guy no one notices'.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Teki

Destiny_Gundam wrote:He was probably just bummed that when he goes back to school he'll no longer be 'the guy with the hot girlfriend that's way too good for him' and just be 'the guy no one notices'.
Lol, now he'll just be the "hey isn't that the guy whose sister was murdered and girlfriend was handicapped by a gundam." Man Saji will have be tough to not have a mental breakdown, i bet he'll try to find setsuna to talk to, unfortunitly setsuna is in space so, loner on the lonely road for him.
Recon 5

My guess is (don't shoot me!) that the directors will lay hands on Saji himself next, with no guarantee of him surviving. I mean, if he really is there just to provide a civilian perspective, well, we all know how most civilians end up when they're that close to the action. Ali may just decide (erroneously perhaps) that our man has gotten a tidbit too many from his sister...

However, I must say that he's probably taking all this better than any other Gundam character under the same circumstances and I admire him for that.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Ah but is Kinue dead? Is she alive? Will she turn up twenty episodes from now in a coma? Who knows.

--Freyja Wion
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Destiny_Gundam wrote:He was probably just bummed that when he goes back to school he'll no longer be 'the guy with the hot girlfriend that's way too good for him' and just be 'the guy no one notices'.
Well said, but you forgot 'the guy no ones cares about' or 'the guy who needs to meet Ali next'.

If you're Soul Bro though, you think he's going home to get the sword out of the stone. Thus becoming, Saji Crossroad, Pizza Meister!!
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Momaru

Well, out of extreme, extreme...something I-I present something that I hope you'll find quite...interesting. It's an image I made for the Crossroad Crew.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/ ... Button.gif
Even I don't know quite what to make of what I have created.
This image is meant to be used with a 2.5" inch or so badge. So, if you happen to have access to a badge maker and want to make a badge of this go right ahead. Feel free to use this image however you want.
Tell me why, at this turning point in our history, must we fight amongst each other and further pollute the earth?
- Char Aznable, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Zeonic Glory

We need T-Shirts of these. Now. I'd buy one...

Anyways, thats a pretty nice image. It shall serve our as-of-yet-unannounced-or-maybe-already-announced-but-I-am-too-lazy-to-attend-the-conferences purpose that will definitely involve Saji.
Soul Bro Ryu

Someone remind me not to hit this place on the weekend. I've practically had the play-by-play on poor Kinue's demise before the the episode's been subbed. -_-

Teaches me not to watch the raw I guess. But seriously, I knew her outro was coming, but I didn't think it would be this sudden. Damn...

Even with this new tragedy, I think the worst for Saji is yet to come. When he receives the news of his sister's fate, I wonder how badly it will damage or change him? With the ruthless world closing in on him, his story arc is escalating like the maladies behind Jack Napier's transformation into the "Joker" in the "Killing Joke".

Stay strong Saji. The world's countin' on ya'.

BTW, Momaru, big ups to you for the Saji button. I personally want the "Che Guevara" t-shirt print, a la Huey Freeman from the "Boondocks".

The Revolution will be televised in October 2008. Holla at ya boy. ^_^
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Momaru

Well, I didn't know quite what you were hoping for Soul Bro, but I think this is along the lines of what you were looking for?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/ ... sroad2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/ ... Button.gif
If it's not quite what you were hoping for, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to fix it for you. Once again, feel free to use it however you like.
Tell me why, at this turning point in our history, must we fight amongst each other and further pollute the earth?
- Char Aznable, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam