Idea Submission & General Feedback Thread

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Areku

An old idea I've had, but now that the Unplugged and Standard versions will be receiving a split release, I think it's a little more practical. I think it would be neat to have a list (in a post, not the show) of the songs/bgms used in each episode. This would include the name of the song, where it's from, the runtime it's used in the show, and if warranted, a short description.

I hereby volunteer to supply runtime information for the soundtrack and show segments (similar to what I did for ep 15) if SBR or another member of the Gundamn Trio could provide me with an outline.

Finally, in light of the revision to how the episodes will be released, I propose a change in the names of the different versions. Because what is now Unplugged will have priority in production, and what is now Standard will have all the bells and whistles, I suggest Unplugged and Standard be changed to Standard (or in keeping with the mecha theme, Conventional or Uniform) and Premium (or Custom).
Zeonic Glory

Great podcast, guys. I was behind for a few months, but I managed to get caught up. For ideas, maybe you could talk about Full Metal Panic? Plenty of mecha action and comedic moments.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
TheGoose

Will there ever be a Suzaku Kururugi Hate Club?
Wingnut

thegoose wrote:Will there ever be a Suzaku Kururugi Hate Club?
Justified or not, that sounds a little too immature of us to have around.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
TheGoose

Yeah, your right. Not even a dude like him deserves a beating like that.
NastyNate

can't wait for ep 16 because I got some questions that I hope you guys answer about zz gundam. :D
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Sume Gai

NastyNate wrote:can't wait for ep 16 because I got some questions that I hope you guys answer about zz gundam. :D
they already talked about ZZ (in episode 15)
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
NastyNate

sorry I am listening to ep 15 while i am surfing the threads :shock: .
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Wingnut

Okay, I want to spread the word of Gundamn on other forums and blog type sites, namely my deviantart journal.

What links and info should I include when I post the entry?
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Soul Bro Ryu

Really quick, Ep. 16 Unplugged is up!!! The thread for it will be up shortly, but just wanted to give you all the heads up that it's airborne.

More info in a little bit ^_^
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Teki

Man I miss coming to these forums.. stupid work and all. Anyways how about a discussion on what really makes a mech show be considered super robot/real robot, your opinions on each, mixed genres, favorite of each and all. just another whacky idea of mine.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Wingnut wrote:
thegoose wrote:Will there ever be a Suzaku Kururugi Hate Club?
Justified or not, that sounds a little too immature of us to have around.
I agree, plus Soul Bro likes Suzaku. So it'll never be like the Crossroad Crew.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
prince_of_zeon

I don't know if you guys are still taking listener submitted ideas, but it think a segment about the best subs and/or dubs from Gundam and other mecha series would be interesting. Just a thought.

BTW, love the show, but you must have heard that a bajillion times.
Twat me: http://twitter.com/#!/Podsyboy

Subscribe/comment me: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaAeizeru

Did Fats Goodman really die at the end of "Fats' Counterattack?"
Merbum

Hey guys, this may have been brought up before but you should delve maybe a whole cast into your top ten Gundams or mobile suits of all time. You did the same thing with the girls of Gundam and kind of the same thing with the Captains of Mecha anime.

This has probably come up before but I still say it may be a cool idea!
I live in Saskatchewan, future home of the Saskatchewan GUNDAM!
Wingnut

Merbum wrote:Hey guys, this may have been brought up before but you should delve maybe a whole cast into your top ten Gundams or mobile suits of all time. You did the same thing with the girls of Gundam and kind of the same thing with the Captains of Mecha anime.

I can't seem to find where it was said, but I do recall Chris shooting down that idea at one point.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Battosai28

Wingnut wrote:
Merbum wrote:Hey guys, this may have been brought up before but you should delve maybe a whole cast into your top ten Gundams or mobile suits of all time. You did the same thing with the girls of Gundam and kind of the same thing with the Captains of Mecha anime.

I can't seem to find where it was said, but I do recall Chris shooting down that idea at one point.
I know Chris has shot down the idea of doing a pure mecha discussion. I'm not sure about a top ten character discussion though.
Like all good things, my 318 days in Japan have come to an end. Thank you everyone for such an awesome year!
Zaku Zaku

Gundamn! @ MAHQ @ Metrocon

I've listened to Gundamn for a while now and really want to thank you guys for what your doing and to be able to tell you how much I enjoy your program. This would have to be my first time posting so if I pull an Adult Swim screw up please forgive me and please dont go all Bright on me. I noticed that you guys went to Megacon and I really wish I could have gone but you cant always have your gunpla and build it if you get my Keroro Gunso thoughts. But back to my main point which would have to be Gundamn visiting at Anime conventions in Florida. Metrocon is fast approaching and I'm guessing its way to late for an official appearance of the whole gang. But if anything I'd like to hear your thoughts on all the Anime con's you guys would think about attending and how your fans could help you get there.
Enact

Great podcasts guys. You guys are really funny and informative :D . As a suggestion, maybe talk about some mecha series that you guys have seen that don't have a whole lot of information on them in english, or have a kind cult fanbase, like Heavy Metal L.Gaim, or SPT Layzer. Also, some of the more obsure Gundam publications and stuff like Hathaway's Flash, Gundam Sentinal, or even Gaia Gear. Keep up the good work guys :D .
Daybreak's Bell rings over the land covered in Ash Like Snow
Chris
Administrator

Enact wrote:Great podcasts guys. You guys are really funny and informative :D . As a suggestion, maybe talk about some mecha series that you guys have seen that don't have a whole lot of information on them in english, or have a kind cult fanbase, like Heavy Metal L.Gaim, or SPT Layzer. Also, some of the more obsure Gundam publications and stuff like Hathaway's Flash, Gundam Sentinal, or even Gaia Gear. Keep up the good work guys :D .
Hi, glad you enjoy the show. As much as we'd like to cover obscure things that don't have much English information, that's kind of hard to do since their very obscurity and lack of information makes it difficult for us to reasonably cover them. None of us speak or read Japanese, so we have that same barrier that many other fans do.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Leroy Landers

Were you guys going to do a segment on Iron Man? I know it's not anime but it kind of fits with the mecha theme of the show.