Idea Submission & General Feedback Thread

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Enact wrote:Yo guys, love the show, I look foward to each episode. Just wanna say, think you guys could ever have a segment dedicated to some series that maybe don't always get a lot of attention, like say Blue Comet SPT Layzer, and maybe give your thoughts on each? The 80s was a facinating time for mecha anime and some really ambitious works sometimes either get lost in the passage of time or just in the shuffle of it all, so I figured that would be a pretty good idea for a segment. Or maybe even a show dedicated to one of the masters of the genre, Ryosuke Tahakashi and going though all his works. I know you guys did an episode for VOTOMS but I figured something focused on like Layzner, or Panzer World Galient would be pretty cool too. In any case, keep up the great work guys!
Believe once we get caught up with reviews for R2 and frontier, we'll be returning to more discussions like the one you've suggested.
The busy summer got us kind of behind.
But they're comming.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
goufx

why not do a multi-part segment on some of the most notable and most known anime developing and publishing companies, such as square enix, geneon, bandai, etc, going in-depth on there history, faults? this could be something like your "gundam round-up" where it takes place over a few episodes.
AceWhatever

Yo Soul Bro, this probably is nowhere near as high a priority as I want, but do you plan on making new sound samples for the interludes? I'm talking about the ones where you splice "Gun" into "damn" in some random movie quote. I really like those, and the old ones are getting overused a bit.

Also, is the high quality Ep.18 still coming? I need it because my MP3 player isn't strong enough to let me hear the panel recordings clearly over the noise.
NastyNate

Hey Gundamn would you guys ever consider having a disscusion about Zoids? My favorite is chaotic century and this series is about mechs. Would this series to you guys be considered mahq.com worthy?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Kavik Ryx

NastyNate wrote:Hey Gundamn would you guys ever consider having a disscusion about Zoids? My favorite is chaotic century and this series is about mechs. Would this series to you guys be considered mahq.com worthy?
Yikes. For some reason, I would have suspected Zoids to be a sort of ultra taboo, like it is on mahq. Then again, I'm not the webmaster.
Sume Gai

NastyNate wrote:Hey Gundamn would you guys ever consider having a disscusion about Zoids? My favorite is chaotic century and this series is about mechs. Would this series to you guys be considered mahq.com worthy?
Chris has time and again said "NO" to Zoids (I'm not completely sure why but he likely has his reasons)

now Unless Soul Bro wants to wax eloquent about his man Harry Champ I doubt Gundamn will have anything to do with it.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
NastyNate

Say it ain't so! :cry:
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

AmuroNT1

Chris has made his dislike for Zoids vocal and well-known for years now, so I don't think you should hold your breath for it getting onto Gundamn any time in the near future.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

goufx wrote:why not do a multi-part segment on some of the most notable and most known anime developing and publishing companies, such as square enix, geneon, bandai, etc, going in-depth on there history, faults? this could be something like your "gundam round-up" where it takes place over a few episodes.
Say tuned in 2009, where the geass/frontier reviews are part of the past, we'll be back to topics like what you suggested.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

NastyNate

Hey gundamn I don't know if it is possible on your end but mabey could you guys turn the volume up, cuz it does not get very loud on my ipod and sometimes I can't understand the stuff your saying.

And have you guys decided on the next live open discusion show. I would love to join if I could figure out how to work the skype thing a ma bob (you kids and your modern technology...yar) :lol:

GN-003 Kyrios

Hey guys. Would you by any chance be interested in doing a segment for either Power dolls or Canidate for goddess?
The old generation can't build the new era-Quattro Bajina (Zeta Gundam)

General
Unsubdued
Nuclear
Drive
Assault
Module
NastyNate

I think that it would be a good idea for you guys after you finish all your episodes with the gundam roundups, to release a podcast with all the roundups put onto one straight nonstop show. in order.

Wingnut

NastyNate wrote:I think that it would be a good idea for you guys after you finish all your episodes with the gundam roundups, to release a podcast with all the roundups put onto one straight nonstop show. in order.
No. We will not follow the ways of Fukuda and make a fracking clip show out of the previous podcasts.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
GN-003 Kyrios

If they took all the roundups and put it in one show it would probably be at least a day long.
The old generation can't build the new era-Quattro Bajina (Zeta Gundam)

General
Unsubdued
Nuclear
Drive
Assault
Module
PunchAPeach

Anime spotlight on Bubblegum Crisis? The OVA and the T.V. series? That would be eternally awesome.
hawk of endymion

PunchAPeach wrote:Anime spotlight on Bubblegum Crisis? The OVA and the T.V. series? That would be eternally awesome.
I definitely see a spotlight on that in the future.

A compilation of Gundam roundups is a great idea.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Kavik Ryx

I take it Macross roundup will follow Gundam?
hawk of endymion

Kavik Ryx wrote:I take it Macross roundup will follow Gundam?
You are correct and it's coming fast than you think.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

NastyNate

will you guys be covering the sd gundam series to in your roundup? if so will the different kinds like the original and sd gundam force have seperate reviews?

hawk of endymion

NastyNate wrote:will you guys be covering the sd gundam series to in your roundup? if so will the different kinds like the original and sd gundam force have seperate reviews?
I could see the original SD, but SD Gundam Force, maybe in jest.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]