Idea Submission & General Feedback Thread

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Darth Nader

I really like the guest appearances of AmuroNT1 on the podcast. He has some great input and seems to be a natural fit with you guys when he's on. I was curious if you had any plans on having guests from other podcasts, like Destroy All Podcasts DX and AWO. Alternatively, do you have any plans on making guest appearances on other shows a la Soul Bro?

Also, do you plan on putting any promos out for other podcasts to play during their shows?

Keep up the good work!
"Camille Bidan, heading out."

Darth Nader - Steam Community Page
snoops619

When will the next phone-in be?

or to phrase it as feedback:

I liked that Gundamn! Live segment you did. Especially that intelligent, wonderful and witty sounding Limey. I think you should do another Live segment.
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
eanetdude

Has there been a discussion of the best and worst Gundam English Dubs?
turkish pete

you guys havent really talked much about any gundam/mecha games. or put a spotlight in them.

also, maybe a spot where u guys suggest shows that you like, that the audience maybe hasnt seen. like i havent seen dunbine or some of those other obscure shows yall reference a lot.

and i dont know if htere is a difference between unplugged version and the other version, but when ever Amuro NT1 in on it sounds like his mike is distorted and choppy.
Wingnut

turkish pete wrote:also, maybe a spot where u guys suggest shows that you like, that the audience maybe hasnt seen. like i havent seen dunbine or some of those other obscure shows yall reference a lot.
I forget what episode it was, but they did do exactly that once already.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kavik Ryx

Wingnut wrote:
turkish pete wrote:also, maybe a spot where u guys suggest shows that you like, that the audience maybe hasnt seen. like i havent seen dunbine or some of those other obscure shows yall reference a lot.
I forget what episode it was, but they did do exactly that once already.
It was episode 1
thehod

I would love if Gundamn! did another call in session.
TheGoose

Something the Gundamn crew could talk about are mechas in live-action films. Not films based on anime, but ones that have mecha in them.
Last edited by TheGoose on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vent Noir

How about a "history of mecha" 4-part feature? Go through the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s examining the developments and trends of the mecha genre in each decade.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
skyknight

Vent Noir wrote:How about a "history of mecha" 4-part feature? Go through the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s examining the developments and trends of the mecha genre in each decade.
That is good topic, but I do wonder how many of us have seen 70's mecha anime?
ZeroBusterXX

History of mecha would be a great idea. Or a discsussion on the trends in mecha anime and how they started maybe?
Areku

I've been wondering for awhile if you guys would like to share some of your personal histories with the listeners. You've dropped bits and pieces all over the place, but I'm sure there are some non-stalker listeners who would be interested in a brief segment where each of you describes your own life (age, what you do, maybe a few places you've lived, what pets you have/had, how you came to like mecha anime and anime in general, some of the most extreme stuff you've done involving anime (such as an Everything UC Marathon, or something), highlights from your anime/model collections, any anime that you think has had a profound and lasting effect on you, etc). You know, stuff that can enhance our ability to relate to the hosts of Gundamn!. As I said, I know you've already said quite a bit about yourselves throughout various episodes, but I think a little consolidation could make for an entertaining (and convenient, for the listeners) segment. If you'd like, I've got personalized versions of the question for each of you, in joke format:

Soul Bro: What has happened in your life to give you such low self-esteem that you sympathize with insignificant, milquetoast characters such as Saji and Rivals?

Neo: What tragic events in your life gave rise to your insatiable need to destroy reputable news organizations?

Chris: What events have led to your masochistic desire to make yourself into the figurehead of Fascist Dictator; to take on the hatred and loathing of the mecha anime community… or “Chris Requiem” if you will?

Hope I didn't wreck any grand plans with that last one... :wink:
goufx

i have an idea for the call-ins episodes. podtacular, another podcast, which does a call-ins and tales from the foxholes (stories about what happened playing halo) every 3-4 episodes. granted, they do a podcast every week, but if you guys do a call-ins section every 3 or so episodes, than it may pull more people and more participation into Gundamn and mahq. what do ya think?
The Fowl Sorcerous

Any of you guys would talk about western produced mecha tv series, video games as well as mech-based tabletop gaming.
[[lorem ipsum]]
JQuilty

After seeing Saji in the white pilot suit, I propose that instead of "King Arthur", he be called "Celestial Being's White Knight." He's the hero they need, but not the one they deserve.

Ignoring of course that Soul Bro already deemed Hal the Harvey Dent of Gundam. :)
Vent Noir

The Fowl Sorcerous wrote:Any of you guys would talk about western produced mecha tv series, video games as well as mech-based tabletop gaming.
If you do decide to do that, I could contact the people on the Mekton Zeta ML and see if there's any tabletop gaming experts there that would be willing to take part. No guarantees, but Mike Pondsmith (creator of Mekton) is on the list and may be willing to go on the show.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Flame-X

Are you guys gonna be doing an anime spotlight on Eureka 7?
TheGoose

Flame-X wrote:Are you guys gonna be doing an anime spotlight on Eureka 7?
I remember that Chris had said in one episode that they'd have to talk about that sometime on the show.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

TheGoose wrote:
Flame-X wrote:Are you guys gonna be doing an anime spotlight on Eureka 7?
I remember that Chris had said in one episode that they'd have to talk about that sometime on the show.
Eureka 7 is coming. When? can't tell you that, but its coming.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
wraith1701

skyknight wrote:
Vent Noir wrote:How about a "history of mecha" 4-part feature? Go through the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s examining the developments and trends of the mecha genre in each decade.
That is good topic, but I do wonder how many of us have seen 70's mecha anime?
I think you'd be surprised. :) I think this would be a great idea. It would be a nice nostalgia trip for folks who are familiar with the old-school stuff, and it might be an interesting history lesson for folks unfamiliar with the roots & evolution of Giant Robot shows.

On another note, is there any chance we'll get some coverage of Full Metal Panic?