Sp. 025 - Kickstarter Crisis!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Sp. 025 - Kickstarter Crisis!

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Special 025 - "Kickstarter Crisis!"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 59 min., 24 sec. (0:59:24) - 27.2 MB

Episode Summary:
AnimEigo's Robert Woodhead joins us to discuss the Bubblegum Crisis Blu-Ray Kickstarter and the future of Crowd-Sourcing in the Anime Industry!

Special Guest: Robert Woodhead

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Special Introduction"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:02:34

02. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:02:34 - 0:03:07

03. Pretentious Internet Theatre (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:03:07 - 0:03:36

04. Extended Segment: "The Bubblegum Crisis Kickstarter & Anime Crowd Sourcing: An Interview with Robert Woodhead of AnimEigo"
Runtime: 0:03:36 - 0:48:31

05. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:48:31 - 0:49:30

06. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:49:30 - 0:50:20

07. Outro: "Closing/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 0:50:20 - 0:59:24

Many thanks to Robert for joining us for this episode! Make sure to visit AnimEigo.com to keep up on further developments of the BGC Kickstarter and future releases! Also, don't waste another second and contribute to the Bubblegum Crisis Kickstarter before it comes to a close on November 24, 2013! Be a part of history bring a piece of the Knight Sabers home today! As for our review of Bubblegum Crisis, you can listen to it in Ep. 087 of Gundamn! @ MAHQ!

Ask Gundamn or Leave a message:
Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Feedback & Social Networking:
- E-Mail: GundamnMAHQ(NoSpam)@gmail.com
- Twitter: @MAHQDotNet / @GundamnAtMAHQ / @CTCast
- MAHQ Facebook Group
- Forums: MechaTalk.net / Gundamn! @ MechaTalk.net
- Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324

Subscribe & Download Gundamn! @ MAHQ
- Main RSS Feed
- Gundamn! @ iTunes
- Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn
- YouTube: Gundamn! @ MAHQ / Chaos Theater / Shinjuku Station / ShinStation Fight Tube

Gundamn! @ MAHQ is a MAHQ & Shinjuku Station Joint
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Shinjuku Station Podcasting - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - ShinStation Fight Tube! - ShinStation Live!

Many thanks for listening!
@SoulBroRyu
[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
yazi88

Re: Sp. 025 - Kickstarter Crisis!

Cool, haven't seen a Gundamn Special for a good while.
LightningCount

Awesome! I've been so busy, I've missed a lot lately. I hope you asked about the possibility of a second English dub option. The originals are distinctive, but a modern take would definitely be interesting and might make a better overall presentation. Can't wait to take a listen.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Victorize

I'm having trouble finding a link to the discussion page anywhere on the kickstarter. I was kinda hoping to finally get a dubbed OST, but reading the FAQ it looks like even if they could afford the rights as part of their "extras" budget, only the parts of the songs *in* the episodes had dubs recorded for them. Normally such things sound awful to me, but even going back now and listening to the English dub I still somehow find those tracks catchy.
The Fowl Sorcerous

I'm super looking for forward to how this campaign turns out. I hope crowdfunding becomes a viable option for niche titles and reissuing vintage series like this.

The run-off voting for excess funding sounds really interesting, but i don't think it captures the 'omg must up my pledge' feeling of more typical stretch goals.
[[lorem ipsum]]