Ep. 129 - Bumblebee and the Beast

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 129 - Bumblebee and the Beast

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 129 - "Bumblebee and the Beast"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 126 min., 17 sec. (2:06:17) - 76.2 MB

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News/The Hopers & Dreamers Corner/The Old Timey Drama Hour"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:36:46

02. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:36:46 - 0:37:20

03. Pretentious Internet Theatre (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:37:20 - 0:37:49

04. Extended Segment: "Anime Spotlight - 'Transformers Prime Season 3: Beast Hunters'" (TV Series, 2013)
Runtime: 0:37:49 - 1:08:53

05. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:08:53 - 1:09:52

06. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:09:52 - 1:10:42

07. Outro: "Closing/The Gundamn Mailbag!/Shoutouts/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 1:10:42 - 2:06:17

We're Cybertron-bound as we return to the world of "Transformers Prime" and discuss it's third & final season, "Beast Hunters"!

Also, don't forget to participate in Gundamn Fan Chat! Organized by NastyNate, there are several ways that you can let him know that you want to be a part of the next session:

- Participate in the Gundamn Fan Chat Thread @ Mechatalk.net!
- Become a part of the MAHQ Facebook Group!

Make sure to peep their latest pow-wow below!
- Ep. 001 - Favorite Mecha Anime Relationships (The Premiere Episode!)
- Ep. 002 - Top 5 Mecha Final Battles (Feat. Soul Bro Ryu)
- Ep. 003 - Favorite Gundamn Moments and Top 3 MSV
- Ep. 004 - Top 3 Anime that made us the fans we are/Top 5 Grunt Suits

Want to ask us a question that could be played during a future episode? Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Peep these Podcasts & Videos also!:
- Chaos Theater: Sp. 003 - Hatercast feat. Austin Blake & Neo Lorrnoke! (Mechatalk Thread)
- Fighters Ready!: Ep. 006 - Open the Game! feat. Samantha Marchello & Scott Wachter of RPGamer.com! (FightersReady.net Thread)
- Shinjuku Station Fight Tube: Video Review - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Anime TV Series - Ep. 001 - "Dio the Destroyer"

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - Facebook group - Spill - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - MichaelBay.com: The Official Domain of His Bayness

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn

[email protected]

Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Ep. 129 - Bumblebee and the Beast

... Should 30 minutes really be considered "extended"?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
yazi88

Soubro, was there something going on with your mic? During the Transformers Prime review your voice was fading back and forth.
Gundam420

As an animation student, I can safely say that ANY form of animation is labor intensive. Doesn't matter what it is. CG is essentially stop motion animation but with 3D models.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
Soul Bro Ryu

yazi88 wrote:Soubro, was there something going on with your mic? During the Transformers Prime review your voice was fading back and forth.
For some crazy reason, the recording software we use - Powergramo - was registering my voice really low. I had to boost my volume in post which is why there's so much hiss at moments when I'm speaking for long stretches and also why I sound so low while Neo & Chris are speaking (Skype auto levels out their voices). Sorry about that and I'll make sure to check it out in advance next recording.
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Silver_August

Soulbro you GOUF (pun inteded) you gotta check off the dreams you cover during Hopers and Dreamers... because you read my Digimon hope and now it's been crushed...twice! Ah it's no biggie though, the first time Chris wasn't on sooo...I guess now it can offically be deemed a properly crushed hope and dream...but yah! Checklists!
sakurangel

at the idiot who summit the neonalley cuestion... i have the vervice and enjoyed even if is not in demand andvforce you to follow a schechueld time for each show(with re-runs ofcourse) i like how neonalley premiere movies like tiger and bunny the biginning movie and beserk movies before to be in dvd/blu-ray at english lenguage im mean ok?... and also reforce my enyoiment of dubs on animes... hecl guys even if u want i cancgeve u a free month trial if u want
Yuri lowenthal- "Angel Lopez(sakurangel) you are the manliest man I ever meet"
Alexis Tipton- "angel is was nice meet you"
YokozunaBulldozer

Ever since the third season I have been saying If Conroy is Batman Ironside IS Magnus. Really enjoyed his performance. Though I was glad Smokescreen remained as Team Prime's Kitty Pryde I was hoping he kicked more butt with the Alternators paint job going on.

Neo, would Heisenburg be your Soldat J?
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
yazi88

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who enjoyed Knockout's character. As good as Starscream was at comic relief, Knockout had more memorable moments, especially scenes he shared with Starscream.

I remember the zombie episode, Starscream panicking about where to shoot, Knockout, from watching human zombie movies on the internet tells Starscream to "Shoot in the head", when it doesn't work Knockout (once again) curses humans and their savage culture.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Destiny_Gundam wrote:... Should 30 minutes really be considered "extended"?
Such evil that hides in innocence.
yazi88 wrote:I'm glad I wasn't the only one who enjoyed Knockout's character. As good as Starscream was at comic relief, Knockout had more memorable moments, especially scenes he shared with Starscream.
Knockout was great throughout the whole series.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Vixy

After finishing watching season 3 of tf prime I had ALOT of hope for Transformers GO! sadly IMO its not as good as it should be.
Chris
Administrator

Vixy wrote:After finishing watching season 3 of tf prime I had ALOT of hope for Transformers GO! sadly IMO its not as good as it should be.
I don't see why Prime would give you hope about Go, a limited Japanese OVA that doesn't share any of the creative team from Prime.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

Regarding "cut and paste" questions, I can understand why it's done. If, say, some one wanted to know your favourite actor. If they asked only on Gundamn, they wouldn't find out Pedro's answer, and if they asked on Chaos Theater, they wouldn't know Neo or Soulbro's answer. So they ask on both podcasts, even if there's overlap regarding Chris.

If you can only ask on one, I guess they'd choose Gundamn since there's more hosts.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."