Old Timey Drama Hour Submission Thread

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Chris
Administrator

Re: Old Timey Drama Hour Submission Thread

So since I'll be taking the summer off, I need to cap submissions to finish everything before signing off. Old timey will return in the fall.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Chris
Administrator

The old timey submission thread is back! You can make your submissions here, and remember to try to keep them short so as not to monopolize our time and take it away from other listeners.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
yazi88

THE JUSTICE FRIENDS!

3 of Earth's mightiest heroes

Joining forces under one roof

To face the challenge of Everyday Life

STARRING:

MAJOR GLORY!

VAL HALLEN!

And the The Infraggable Krunk

IN

THE JUSTICE FRIENDS!
Last edited by yazi88 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
YokozunaBulldozer

Yoyoyo this is X to the Z and I am here to PIMP YOUR GUNPLA!
Along with my Bandai Factory homeboys and the one and only Amazing Meijin Kawaguchi-san and the most Maximal dope gunpla painter Max Watanabe-san we will make your limp and sad excuse for a gunpla fast and furious like Vin Diesel's head.
We do it all from LED lights to Mazora paints and if you happen to be the 100th customer of the day we will slap on some Gundam heroine airbrush art on your gunpla!
Make reservations now and you can get a chance to win a S.H.Figuarts of Tomino Yoshiyuki-san.
Call 1-800-PIMP-PLA now!
The gates to the promised land has opened! Harvest time is here! All hail Chris!
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
MCTDread

Gonna go retro here

This city was once a happy, peaceful place... Until one day, a powerful secret criminal organization took over. This vicious syndicate soon had control of the government and even the police force. The city has become a center of violence and crime where no one is safe.

Amid this turmoil, a group of determined young police officers has sworn to clean up the city. Among them are Adam Hunter, Axel Stone, and Blaze Fielding. They are willing to risk anything...
Even their lives... on the... STREETS OF RAGE

Another one:
Rufus, Brint, and Meekus were like brothers to me. And when I say brother, I don't mean like an actual brother but I mean it like the way black people use it which is more meaningful, I think.

-Zoolander
Vent Noir

In the worlds before Monkey, primal chaos reigned. Heaven sought order, but the phoenix can fly only when its feathers are grown. The four worlds formed again and yet again, as endless aeons wheeled and passed. Time, and the pure essences of heaven, the moisture of the earth, the powers of the sun and the moon, all worked upon a certain rock, old as creation. And it became magically fertile. That first egg was named "thought". Tathagata Buddha, the father Buddha, said, "With our thoughts, we make the world". Elemental forces caused the egg to hatch. From it then came a stone monkey. The nature of Monkey was... irrepressible!

(Here's the original, for anyone interested)
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
MCTDread

Rumack: Can you fly this plane, and land it?
Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

-Airplane
fearjunkee

Dual submission!

Number one:
“Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! These are the truths of this world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!”

Number two: (Soul Bro, would you kindly edit this song into the background?)

"Welcome to the Velvet Room. This place exists between dream and reality, mind and matter. My name is Igor...I am delighted to make your acquaintance."
Cultclassic

Here is a sci fi cut out to scare Neo (I changed the names to be easier to pronouce).
Chris threw the switch. There was a mighty hum, the surge of power from ninety-six billion planets. Lights flashed and quieted along the miles-long panel.
Chris stepped back and drew a deep breath. "The honor of asking the first question is yours, Soul Bro."
"Thank you," said Soul Bro. "It shall be a question which no single cybernetics machine has been able to answer."
He turned to face the machine. "Is there a God?"
The mighty voice answered without hesitation, without the clicking of a single relay.
"Yes, now there is a God."
Sudden fear flashed on the face of Soul Bro. He leaped to grab the switch.
A bolt of lightning from the cloudless sky struck him down and fused the switch shut.
PHILLYgundamnFAN

It’s just two men sharing the night. It might seem wrong, but it’s just right. It’s just two men sharing each other. It’s just two men like lovin’ brothers. One on top, and one on bottom. One inside, and one is out. One is screaming he’s so happy and the other’s screaming a passionate shout. It’s the Night Man. The feeling so wrong and right man, the feeling so wrong and right man. I can’t fight you man when you come inside me and pin me down with your strong hands and I become the Night… the passionate, passionate Night Man.
"To my only desire...The Beast of Possibility...The Symbol of Hope..."
YokozunaBulldozer

Got a fear of drawing?

Unsure of how to make your drawing look like its "Obari as heck"?

No longer do you have to worry aspiring artist!

Draw-it-like Obari is a professional video course consisting of 100 videos that will help you get it on like Gravion!

Amateur drawings will be a thing of the past as you will be drawing so well that Araki will be jealous!

Make your call now and we will throw in a bonus blu-ray of gag reels, a pen Obari used to draw the nose of Dancouga, and a hacked version of the original Fatal Fury game with Obarified graphics!

Now is the time to get your Obari on so call now 1-800-GRA-VION!
zero_the_masked_knight

From Transmetropolitan

In fact, sometimes we seem to have to put the future behind us.

The Gladiator wall is reckoned to be more than two hundred years old - although, as every schoolkid knows, records aren't to be trusted anymore. Archaeological teams have found crevices in the chest units designed to take human pilots, though no one knows who they were or even if the things were ever used in anger. They were a defensive measure, back in the days when we still had full blown wars in America. Their immense steel penises fell off about thirty years ago, killing over four dozen innocent bystanders caught underneath.
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
MCTDread

Both from The Running Man. Gotta love these cheesy lines.

Killian, here's your Subzero, now plain zero.

Uplink underground, uplink underground. If you say that one more time, I'll uplink your ass, and you'll be underground!
Vent Noir

It is the 16th century. From all over Europe, great ships sail west to conquer the New World, the Americas. The men eager to seek their fortune, to find new adventures in new lands. They long to cross uncharted seas and discover unknown countries... to find secret gold on a mountain trail high in the Andes... They dream of following the path of the setting sun that leads to El Dorado, and the Mysterious Cities of Gold.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Dollow

If you think this is too long Chris I understand if you skip this, I could not help myself.

Sincerely Yours
Dollow Rlance

Demon's Souls Intro for a Point of Reference

"King Allant the 12th, by channelling the power of souls, brought unprecedented prosperity to his northern kingdom of Boletaria. That is, until the colorless Deep Fog swept across the land.
Boletaria was cut off from the outside world, and those who dared penetrate the Deep Fog never returned.

But Vallarfax of the royal Twin Fangs broke free from the fog and told the world of Boletaria's plight. That the Old King Allant had aroused the Old One the great beast below the Nexus, from its eternal slumber, and that a colorless fog had swept in unleashing terrible Demons. The Demons hunt down men, and claim their souls. Those who lose their souls, also lose their minds. The mad attack the sane, and chaos reigns.

Vallarfax spoke of the enticing power of Demon souls. Each time a Demon claims a human soul, the Demon's own soul is invigorated by the life force,
And the power of a mature Demon soul is beyond human imagination.

The legend spread quickly.
Mighty warriors were drawn to the accursed land, but none have returned.

Biorr of the Twin Fangs
Yurt the Silent Chief
Sage Urbain
Scirvir the Wanderer
The Sixth Saint Astrea and her knight Garl Vinland
and Sage Freke the Visionary.

The Colorless Deep Fog slowly creeps beyond Boletaria's borders.
Humankind faces a slow and steady extinction.
The Deep Fog will eventually swallow all lands near and far.
But Boletaria has one final hope. A lone warrior who has braved the baneful fog.
Has the land found its savior, or have the Demons found a new slave?

Demon's Souls, power beyond human imagination!"
Last edited by Dollow on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Dayman

I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. ALLY TO GOOD! NIGHTMARE TO YOU!
YokozunaBulldozer

This one is for Neo
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tonight on SDF News.A possible debris of the SDF-3 was found in a junkyard next to a pile of compressed old veritechs.
While military nerds bickered whether it is real or not, former idol turned diva Lyn Minmay says it is the SDF-3 as she reveals a haiku etched on the said debris that says:

Do you remember?
Do you remember love?
I love you.

More on this after the six hour live concert of Flame Busters lead by Ned Bucky

- note: I was gonna go full DYRL but did not want people to have a Troy Barnes meets Lavar Burton moment meltdown so... Yeah. I guess that makes me a saint.
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Dayman

Now let's talk about the mail. Can we talk about the mail, please, Mac? I've been dying to talk about the mail with you all day, OK? "Pepe Silvia," this name keeps coming up over and over again. Every day Pepe's mail is getting sent back to me. Pepe Silvia! Pepe Silvia! I look in the mail, and this whole box is Pepe Silvia! So I say to myself, "I gotta find this guy! I gotta go up to his office and put his mail in the guy's damn hands! Otherwise, he's never going to get it and he's going to keep coming back down here." So I go up to Pepe's office and what do I find out, Mac? What do I find out?! There is no Pepe Silvia. The man does not exist, okay? So I decide, "Oh s**t, buddy, I gotta dig a little deeper." There's no Pepe Silvia? You gotta be kidding me! I got boxes full of Pepe! All right. So I start marchin' my way down to Carol in HR and I knock on her door and I say, "Carol! Carol! I gotta talk to you about Pepe." And when I open the door what do I find? There's not a single damn desk in that office! There...is...no...Carol in HR. Mac, half the employees in this building have been made up. This office is a damn ghost town.
zero_the_masked_knight

From Game of thrones. Please feel free to add the appropriate theme song

Where do I begin, my Lords and Ladies? I am a vile Man, I confess it. My crimes and sins are beyond counting. I have lied and cheated, gambled and whored. I'm not particularly good at violence, but I'm good at convincing others to do violence for me. You want specifics, I suppose? When I was seven I saw a servant girl bathing in the river. I stole her robes and she was forced to return to the castle, naked and in tears. I close my eyes, but I can still see her cans bouncing. When I was ten, I stuffed my uncle's boots full of goatcrap. When confronted with my crime, I blamed a squire. Poor boy was flogged and I escaped Justice. When I was twelve I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one eyed snake, I skinned my sausage, I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I do believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did. I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel...
Last edited by zero_the_masked_knight on Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
YokozunaBulldozer

On the 12th day of Christmas some cool guy gave to me:
12 Victory Gundams
11 Elevens
10 Zakurellos
9 Power Rings
8 Brave Robots
7 GN swords
6 Infinity gems
5 Shining fingers
4 Dai-guard limbs
3 Dragonars
2 Buster rifles
And a life-sized Gundam from Odaiba
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:47 pm, edited 9 times in total.