Ep. 126 - Mailbag Apocalypse!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 126 - Mailbag Apocalypse!

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 126 - "Mailbag Apocalypse!"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 130 min., 47 sec. (2:10:47) - 59.9 MB

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

01. Intro: "Neo's News & The Hopers & Dreamers Corner"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:46:46

02. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:46:46 - 0:47:20

03. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:47:20 - 0:47:48

04. Extended Segment: "Revenge of the Quarterly Mailbag Explosion!"
Runtime: 0:47:48 - 2:03:16

05. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:03:16 - 2:04:15

06. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:04:15 - 2:05:05

07. Outro: "Closing/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 2:05:05 - 2:10:47

Voicemails & Forum Posts alike, no question is safe in our latest mailbag blowout!

Also, don't forget to participate in Gundamn Fan Chat! Organized by NastyNate, there are several ways that you can let him know that you want to be a part of the next session:

- Participate in the Gundamn Fan Chat Thread @ Mechatalk.net!
- Become a part of the MAHQ Facebook Group!

Make sure to peep their latest pow-wow below!
- Ep. 001 - Favorite Mecha Anime Relationships (The Premiere Episode!)
- Ep. 002 - Top 5 Mecha Final Battles (Feat. Soul Bro Ryu)
- Ep. 003 - Favorite Gundamn Moments and Top 3 MSV
- Ep. 004 - Top 3 Anime that made us the fans we are/Top 5 Grunt Suits

Want to ask us a question that could be played during a future episode? Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Peep these Podcasts & Videos also!:
- Chaos Theater: Sp. 003 - Hatercast feat. Austin Blake & Neo Lorrnoke! (Mechatalk Thread)
- Fighters Ready!: Ep. 006 - Open the Game! feat. Samantha Marchello & Scott Wachter of RPGamer.com! (FightersReady.net Thread)
- Shinjuku Station Fight Tube: Video Review - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Anime TV Series - Ep. 001 - "Dio the Destroyer"

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - Facebook group - Spill - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - MichaelBay.com: The Official Domain of His Bayness

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn

[email protected]

Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
jcncasval76

Re: Ep. 126 - Mailbag Apocalypse!

I have a few vendors that I pay attention to (and even purchase quite a few) on official Japanese soundtracks on anime & tokusatsu series besides Amazon.com:

1. CD Japan.co.jp
2. YesAsia.com
3. GameBaz.com
4. Play-Asia.com

Sadly, like Soul Bro said, the internet corners the whole market. Some of those vendors (particularly with GameBaz) actually have some pre-owned items on sale as well. One word of advice, however, please check out the exchange rate on Japanese Yen when figuring out how much you want to spend, since it changes everyday.
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
YokozunaBulldozer

May I suggest the title "MAHQ Mechamercials" for the supposed new segment [•_•]
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
eanetdude

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:May I suggest the title "MAHQ Mechamercials" for the supposed new segment [•_•]
Or, "Gundamn Fireside Chat".
Arbiter GUNDAM

I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
NastyNate

Not finished with the episode yet but I wanted to post before I forget and get off work.

Chris Nailed it about how sony has been saying "Oh this device will work with _____" but never does. I'll believe the vita/ps4 stuff when I see it, but I doubt it.

I would like to say. To Chris's other statement the upcoming awesome looking game Titan fall is not just an Xbox One and PC exclusive. Microsoft did not make a big deal of it but the game is also coming to Xbox 360. Respawn entertainment also said they are not opposed with making it for ps4 down the road so I can see that happening with how big that market is looking like it will be.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Arbiter GUNDAM

And since we don't yet have a segment for it, here's my submission for Things Read By Old-Timey Radio Guy or Gundamn Mechamercials or whatever y'all wanna call it.

JACEN AND JAINA

When the Empire died, they were born; a new hope for a New Republic. The young twins of Han Solo and Princess Leia are now fourteen and enrolled at Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy on Yavin 4. Together with friends both old and new, the future heroes of an already legendary saga begin their training.

Luke Skywalker has come to a grim conclusion. With the threat of a new generation of Dark jedi being trained at the Shadow Academy, he knows the New Republic will need all the fighters it can muster. At last it is time for the young Jedi Knights to build their lightsabers.

But there is more to mastering the ancient weapon than mere swordsmanship. Each student must learn about the mysterious bond between Jedi and lightsaber. For Jacen and Jaina, success will mean growing dtronger in the Force. For one otheir friends, failure will mean tragedy...

P.S. It's the back cover of a Star Wars book of mine. ;)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Red Comet90

I was just listening to this episode today and I can't help but wonder what was the song that plays at the end of the Mailbag segment? It was great!
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Soul Bro Ryu

Red Comet90 wrote:I was just listening to this episode today and I can't help but wonder what was the song that plays at the end of the Mailbag segment? It was great!
Glad you liked it! I copped both the intro & outro music for that segment from the same source. Here's the info:

Opening Segment Song: "Moonlit Wilderness"
Cloising Segment Song: "Winter Palace (Snow Castle)"
Artist: Namco Sound Team
Album: "Tekken Revolution OST"
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu