Ep. 120 - Fraudulent Flashbacks!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 120 - Fraudulent Flashbacks!

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 120 - "Fraudulent Flashbacks!"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 148 min., 8 sec. (2:28:08) - 67.8 MB

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:28:34

02. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:28:34 - 0:29:24

03. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:29:24 - 0:30:24

04. 1st Segment: Sci-Fi Spotlight - "Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome" (Movie, 2013)
Runtime: 0:30:24 - 0:55:07

05. Pretentious Internet Theatre (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:55:07 - 0:55:36

06. I Thought They Smelled Bad on the Outside (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:55:36 - 0:56:26

07. 2nd Segment: "The Quarterly Mailbag Explosion!"
Runtime: 0:56:26 - 2:14:35

08. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:14:35 - 2:15:13

09. "Interlude to Battle" by Garma Strikes!
Runtime: 2:15:13 - 2:17:16

10. Outro: "Closing/Shoutouts!/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 2:17:16 - 2:28:08

The Toasters are back, as we delve back onto the rebooted world of the Galactica with the prequel, "Blood & Chrome"! Then, we tackle another quarterly mailbag explosion!

Even after all of that, you're still hankering for more Gundamn?! Well, catch us guest hosting on the following podcasts!
- Ikaricast: Season 4, Episode 30 (feat. Chris Guanche) - iTunes
- Ikaricast: Season 4, Episode 33 (feat. Neo Lorrnoke) - iTunes
- I Thought They Smelled Bad on the Outside: Episode 57 "Game-ception - Dot Hack" (feat. Neo Lorrnoke) - iTunes
- Tomocast Ep. 40: "Gundam" (feat. Chris & Soul Bro Ryu) - iTunes
- Anime Addicts Anonymous Ep. 153: "Anime Inventions & Mobile Suit Gundam AGE" (feat. Soul Bro Ryu) - iTunes

Also, don't forget to participate in Gundamn Fan Chat! Organized by NastyNate, there are several ways that you can let him know that you want to be a part of the next session:

- Participate in the Gundamn Fan Chat Thread @ Mechatalk.net!
- Become a part of the MAHQ Facebook Group!

Make sure to peep their latest pow-wow below!
- Ep. 001 - Favorite Mecha Anime Relationships (The Premiere Episode!)
- Ep. 002 - Top 5 Mecha Final Battles (Feat. Soul Bro Ryu)
- Ep. 003 - Favorite Gundamn Moments and Top 3 MSV
- Ep. 004 - Top 3 Anime that made us the fans we are/Top 5 Grunt Suits

Want to ask us a question that could be played during a future episode? Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Peep these Podcasts & Videos also!:
- Chaos Theater: Sp. 003 - Hatercast feat. Austin Blake & Neo Lorrnoke! (Mechatalk Thread)
- Fighters Ready!: Ep. 006 - Open the Game! feat. Samantha Marchello & Scott Wachter of RPGamer.com! (FightersReady.net Thread)
- Shinjuku Station Fight Tube: Video Review - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Anime TV Series - Ep. 001 - "Dio the Destroyer"

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - Facebook group - Spill - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - MichaelBay.com: The Official Domain of His Bayness

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn

[email protected]

Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
hunterslasher13

Re: Ep. 120 - Fraudulent Flashbacks!

Thanks Neo for the comment, I was in the wrong to assume a 6 episode OVA Series would only have 6 episodes.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hunterslasher13
PSN:Hunterslasher27
Arbiter GUNDAM

I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
YokozunaBulldozer

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Hair products you say?
One side of the story says they are dazzled by his perfect hair, the other says they are embarrassed to see SO MUCH DANDRUFF sprinkling :P
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

hunterslasher13 wrote:Thanks Neo for the comment, I was in the wrong to assume a 6 episode OVA Series would only have 6 episodes.
As long as you admit that you are wrong, you will not be punished for your transgressions. HaHaHaHa
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
jcncasval76

I'm with Soul Bro in regards to Limbaugh, since I had the misfortune of listening to his crap back when KNBR was airing his shit back in the 1990s, and he just get worse by the minute. Remember he made the same type of comments on Donovan McNabb a decade earlier, he's just went off the rails on OUR (let me emphasize the word, OUR, as in for all 300+M Americans, not what he claims as 130M certain set of race as Americans) President of the United States, if I spend an hour more to listen that clown, I would spill my rage on him for one whole month ... non-stop, and trust me, he would really wish he has never been born.

As with the latest Battlestar Galatica "movie", this I really need to watch it myself and see how this wreck came about, and hopefully I'll have the budget to get the whole series and the other two movies by next year.
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
raijinz

Great ep as always, so glad I finally got my questions answered!

I can't disagree with Chris' opinion on the Dynasty Warriors games, but there is no doubt they fill a niche in the market for battlefield hack and slash fighters which are easy to pick up and play, but have hidden depths to the combat. At the very least maybe Koei could take it easy and not release so many versions within a 6-12 month period!

As for Neo's "The Tide Turns" artwork, its quite an ambitious project that would take some time but I'd be willing to give it a shot if I get some spare time (although those eagles with the machine guns or Lightsabers in their talons could be a stretch even for me!).
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
mobiusdiablo

As to my personal reasons for watching AGE again, it's two-fold

1: As an aspiring writer who quickly became dissatisfied with the latter half of AGE, I thought I could do better, and need the show for reference. However, we have MAHQ for that. However that does not solve problem 2...

2: I dared one of my friends to watch AGE, he had just skipped out on it and I wanted him... to borrow a term, 'UNDERSTAND' the actual pain. As I saw this devolve though, I decided to watch with him. Because true friends don't let friends watch AGE alone.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
NastyNate

I liked Chris's underhanded comment about people constantly asking about how voice actors got their star rather than doing research. That gets on my nerves too unless it is genuine.

To answer neo's last question that he did ask... :P Well I'm not someone who is pushing for a zoids roundup. Not that stupid. 8) However I can say why I like it. My favorite show was zoids chaotic century. It took place in a war between two empires. The main character finds a mysterious girl who turns out to be part of a mysterious race of Forerunners that basically made the zoids. I always think that ancient more advanced race stuff is fascinating like in Halo, turn a, eureka 7 and stuff. I listed the main guy and the main girl in my top 5 mecha anime relationships because I loved how they traveled through the world together looking for answers and grew closer together. The war between two countries and using zoids as basically tanks was really cool too. I've also watched the other two shows genesis and fuzors, which I can get into if you want. The other show was more light hearted with a tournament and I can get into that one too if you want but I just leave it at that. .
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Chris
Administrator

mobiusdiablo wrote:I dared one of my friends to watch AGE, he had just skipped out on it and I wanted him... to borrow a term, 'UNDERSTAND' the actual pain. As I saw this devolve though, I decided to watch with him. Because true friends don't let friends watch AGE alone.
I would abandon any friend to AGE. They can share in my pain, but I won't be there to help them.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
raijinz

I pretty much agree with the points NastyNate said.
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

raijinz wrote:Great ep as always, so glad I finally got my questions answered!

As for Neo's "The Tide Turns" artwork, its quite an ambitious project that would take some time but I'd be willing to give it a shot if I get some spare time (although those eagles with the machine guns or Lightsabers in their talons could be a stretch even for me!).
If you don't aim high, you'll only fail.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Destiny_Gundam

Man, you guys are total wusses if AGE hurt you. Take it like a man! :P

Also, I've been wondering... What's the deal with getting that one dude deported? Is it only because he's for gun control?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Arbiter GUNDAM

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Man, you guys are total wusses if AGE hurt you. Take it like a man! :P
What'd you say? There's FAIL in my ear. :mrgreen:
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
hawk of endymion

Destiny_Gundam wrote: Also, I've been wondering... What's the deal with getting that one dude deported? Is it only because he's for gun control?
Has nothing to do with gun control, he insulted Lord King, so he's got to go!

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Mu La Flaga

Can't comment on the 1st Segment since haven't seen anything BSG related.
But the second segment was fun nice to have a mailbag catch up episode and some other submitters are getting crazy with the length of questions or going over same silly topics lately somehow.

But Dragonball despite being one crazy universe, I always found it fun they had a mix of all sorts of beings.
Even if in the end it's all about martial arts battles.
I don't have anything against the Buu/Boo saga stuff, I think the Super Buu stuff was where it dragged on or got too silly personally, I thought Kid Buu was fun for a final battle at times.
hawk of endymion wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote: Also, I've been wondering... What's the deal with getting that one dude deported? Is it only because he's for gun control?
Has nothing to do with gun control, he insulted Lord King, so he's got to go!
So he insulted Sir Bay?
Not heard anything about him until Neo declared his hate and wanting to exile him from Earth. :P
Kaioshin Sama

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Man, you guys are total wusses if AGE hurt you. Take it like a man! :P
What'd you say? There's FAIL in my ear. :mrgreen:
He's right though man, in this case I actually think Peter's the bigger man. The Gundamn crews slide from it was a disappointing show and Kio is a nuisance (which I agree with completely by the way as a well and easily argued point) to "ZOMG it's such an abomination and will cause you physical pain to watch and is worse than Destiny and just shit shit shit" (mostly Neo) absolutely reeks of the unsubstantiated ranting I would see on /m which is funny because they frequently come down on /m for being judgmental and absolute in their opinions. It's just tiring to hear time after time and I was actually grateful when Chris said lets move on to 2013 and the other interesting questions and leave 2012 behind cause it's a dead horse that's been beaten to death and I don't think the opinions on it can get any more extremely one note at this point. It's basically regressed from using examples from the show to make actually points on it to lets just hate on the show at every opportunity cause it's cool. That's where the FAIL comes in IMO.

Anyway more to another topic, regarding Dynasty Warriors games I sort of see it as like the Call of Duty, EA Sports and Battlefield games of Japan. Yeah they're a fun way to kill time, but is it really necessary to release a "new one" every year with a few new maps and characters and the most marginal of gameplay tweaks and to charge full price each time? This is the sort of thing I thought they'd be using DLC for this generation. Like release some of those things to a content update then maybe every 3 years when a new engine is ready THEN release a new game. Of course the problem is the model works cause as Chris says people bitch and buy and reward bad behavior and so nothing is going to change there.
Chris
Administrator

Kaioshin Sama wrote:He's right though man, in this case I actually think Peter's the bigger man. The Gundamn crews slide from it was a disappointing show and Kio is a nuisance (which I agree with completely by the way as a well and easily argued point) to "ZOMG it's such an abomination and will cause you physical pain to watch and is worse than Destiny and just ZOINKS ZOINKS ZOINKS" (mostly Neo) absolutely reeks of the unsubstantiated ranting I would see on /m which is funny because they frequently come down on /m for being judgmental and absolute in their opinions. It's just tiring to hear time after time and I was actually grateful when Chris said lets move on to 2013 and the other interesting questions and leave 2012 behind cause it's a dead horse that's been beaten to death and I don't think the opinions on it can get any more extremely one note at this point. It's basically regressed from using examples from the show to make actually points on it to lets just hate on the show at every opportunity cause it's cool. That's where the FAIL comes in IMO.
Kaioshin, we've been down this road before and it seems we're here once again. I don't know what it is, but apparently you can't identify a joke. When we say something that's completely ridiculous, you can't see that it's a joke and then come in here with all this serious criticism. I could understand this if you were just reading text and had nothing for context, but you can hear our voices and take cues from that. And seriously, please don't ever compare anything we do to /m/ because that's a serious insult. Us joking about something, even if it's something you don't care for, is nowhere near the same level as a bunch of jerks who always hate everything and crap on everyone incessantly for not sharing whatever their opinions are. They're never joking with their constant sniping.

We're going to say things about AGE that you don't like. Sometimes it's serious criticism and sometimes it's a joke. Learn to tell the difference, but either way, you have to get over this impulse to constantly bemoan the state of Western fandom. I mean, even we don't do it that much anymore.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
hawk of endymion

@ Mu

No, he insulted Lord King, not Sir Bay, he said Lord King wasn't a real journalist. Ha, that coming from a tabloid journalist and a d-bag.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Mu La Flaga

Ah Lord King aka Larry King, gotcha Neo.