Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.

Moderators: hawk of endymion, Spidey62, Soul Bro Ryu

User avatar
Soul Bro Ryu
Podcast Superstar*
Posts: 559
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:09 pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by Soul Bro Ryu » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:51 pm

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 115 - "Gundamn!...Into Darkness"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 161 min., 56 sec. (2:41:56) - 71.4 MB
(WARNING: NSFW LANGUAGE!)

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News/Straight Talk Express!"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:54:25

02. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:54:25 - 0:55:25

03. Jabman: Defender of Destiny!!! (Commercial?)
Runtime: 0:55:25 - 0:56:38

04. 1st Segment: "Anime Spotlight - Panzer World Galient" (1984 TV Series & OVA)
Runtime: 0:56:38 - 1:37:30

05. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:37:30 - 1:38:09

06. I Thought They Smelled Bad on the Outside (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:38:09 - 1:38:59

07. 2nd Segment: "Viva La Censorship! Edits to Domestic Broadcast Mecha Anime!" (Listener Submitted Topic from Mu La Flaga)
Runtime: 1:38:59 - 2:32:18

08. "Seattle Sabotage" by Garma Strikes!
Runtime: 2:32:18 - 2:32:49

09. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:32:49 - 2:33:40

10. Outro: "Closing/Shoutouts!/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 2:33:40 - 2:41:56

In a very NSFW episode, Chris pulls up in a very salty Straight Talk Express, we review the 1984 anime series "Panzer World Galient" & we talk about edits made to broadcast Mecha Anime in the US over the last 30 years!

After this episode, head on over to our YouTube Channel and check out uncensored conversations about absolute randomness from your favorite Gundamn hosts!

Ep. 115 - Extra Segments! (Very NSFW!)
- Part 1: TV Talk!
- Part 2: Galient Prep, His Bayness & Clear Channel
- Part 3: Miscellaneous & Films of 2013
- Part 4: Films of 2013 Continued

In-between segments, we sometimes have inspired off-topic and uncensored conversations about anything and everything. Now, they have a home on our YouTube channel! Subscribe to our Youtube channel @ http://www.YouTube.com/GundamnMAHQ and be on the lookout for more extra segments!

Even after all of that, you're still hankering for more Gundamn?! Well, catch us guest hosting on the following podcasts!
- Tomocast Ep. 40: "Gundam" (feat. Chris & Soul Bro Ryu) - iTunes
- Anime Addicts Anonymous Ep. 153: "Anime Inventions & Mobile Suit Gundam AGE" (feat. Soul Bro Ryu) - iTunes

Also, don't forget to participate in Gundamn Fan Chat! Organized by NastyNate, there are several ways that you can let him know that you want to be a part of the next session:

- Participate in the Gundamn Fan Chat Thread @ Mechatalk.net!
- Become a part of the Gundamn! @ MAHQ Facebook Group!

Make sure to peep their latest pow-wow below!
- Ep. 001 - Favorite Mecha Anime Relationships (The Premiere Episode!)
- Ep. 002 - Top 5 Mecha Final Battles (NEW! Feat. Soul Bro Ryu)

Want to ask us a question that could be played during a future episode? Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Peep these Podcasts & Videos also!:
- Chaos Theater: Sp. 003 - Hatercast feat. Austin Blake & Neo Lorrnoke! (Mechatalk Thread)
- Fighters Ready!: Ep. 006 - Open the Game! feat. Samantha Marchello & Scott Wachter of RPGamer.com! (FightersReady.net Thread)
- Shinjuku Station Fight Tube: Video Review - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Anime TV Series - Ep. 001 - "Dio the Destroyer"

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to GundamnMAHQ@gmail.com!

Many thanks for listening!
Soul Bro Ryu
SBRmahq@gmail.com

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - Facebook group - Spill - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - MichaelBay.com: The Official Domain of His Bayness

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn


Feedback:
GundamnMAHQ@gmail.com

Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu

User avatar
jabman025
Defender of DESTINY
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: St. Louis MO

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by jabman025 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:59 pm

I don't think I've been angrier at a strait talk express ever.

Put very simply Chris, why do you give a damn what we think or do with our hopes and dreams.

What is the worst case scenario for the bring back gundam bit on social media? The answer is nothing changes, gundam does not come back, no TV, no DVDs, no books, no nothing............which is pretty much where we are at right now. Things can't get worse, we are at the bottom of the barrel.

So why do you care what we do, why does it anger you, why do you hate that we even bother doing this. If your right things remain the same, if your wrong things get better. It can't hurt anyone or anything by tweeting a message or posting on facebook.

You just proved your a hater and cynic Chris and you don't even realize it. You criticize something that can do no harm simply because don't like the people or the message they put out there. You don't have to join in, you don't even have to acknowledge its existence.

But to attack a group of fans for doing something that is harmless even if you believe it to be pointless is the definition of being a hater.
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025

User avatar
Chris
Bald Wizard
Posts: 4523
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by Chris » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:31 pm

You obviously missed the point of everything I said. If you still call me a cynic and a hater, you have no idea what I'm talking about. I don't care what the hell people do with their time. I'm tired of being surrounded by people with their heads in the clouds focused on these fantasies.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

User avatar
jabman025
Defender of DESTINY
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: St. Louis MO

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by jabman025 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:34 pm

then why spend all that complaining about it
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025

User avatar
Chris
Bald Wizard
Posts: 4523
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by Chris » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Because everywhere I look when it comes to Gundam people won't shut up with their fantasies and I'm sick of it. I've never seen such a delusional fanbase for anything. Not even Shenmue fans are this delusional.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

User avatar
jabman025
Defender of DESTINY
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: St. Louis MO

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by jabman025 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Chris wrote:Because everywhere I look when it comes to Gundam people won't shut up with their fantasies and I'm sick of it. I've never seen such a delusional fanbase for anything. Not even Shenmue fans are this delusional.
there is no reason you have to listen to our "fantasies", like I said, you don't have to even acknowledge our existence if you don't want to.

Your angry Chris because we, in your words, we refuse to face reality. Reality is a matter of perspective. Your really angry because we don't see things from your point of view, and if we don't see things from your point of view you believe we are always and inextricably wrong.
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025

User avatar
yazi88
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
Posts: 1164
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:53 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by yazi88 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:51 pm

Yo relax guys. There's always the hopers and dreamers corner to let post these things in. No need to get real testy here.

Let's just all hate on Kio Asuno and leave the real hate to the hatemaster himself, Austin.

User avatar
Soul Bro Ryu
Podcast Superstar*
Posts: 559
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:09 pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by Soul Bro Ryu » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:04 pm

jabman025 wrote:You just proved your a hater and cynic Chris and you don't even realize it. You criticize something that can do no harm simply because don't like the people or the message they put out there. You don't have to join in, you don't even have to acknowledge its existence.

But to attack a group of fans for doing something that is harmless even if you believe it to be pointless is the definition of being a hater.
You'd think as being Gundamn's resident hope & dreamer, I would have taken offense to this too, but in all truth, I didn't at all. I think what it comes down to, is the whole process of "Hopes & Dreams". I might be misconstruing what Chris meant too, but how I translated it was that he was tired of the buildup that comes from possibilities, as they can grow out of control when the "seed" of hope is planted.

Take this for example:
- Circa 2006 - Possible "SEED" movie is in the works.
- Present Day - Still No "SEED" Movie
- Hoper's & Dreamer's Opinion: "It's still coming! It's gotta be! SEED & Destiny were so popular in Japan that it only makes sense that it will come someday! Plus, the HD Remasters for SEED & Destiny are currently on sale & air in Japan"
- Realist's Opinion: "It's been six years. We've had two tv series & OVA series since and yet no new SEED. At this point, the franchise has been way too dormant to expect any new properties from it - even with the HD remasters of both TV series being produced. Those are nothing more than money grabs."

There's validity to both of these arguments, but over the years, I've noticed when Chris injects a bit of reality into realms of hopes & dreams, the backlash is pretty awful. He's a master of making his case however, as I've been a recipient of that on many occasions, but he also brings up things I may have never considered - which most importantly is logic. I've never been sore at him for that, and many a time it's helped to center my expectations.

In part, I think I'm to blame for this. Lampooning off our dynamic on the show where Chris shoots down my wild expectations, I created the Hoper's & Dreamer's corner, and some folks might have got the impression that Chris actually is being serious when he responds to those dreams. Sure there might be some truth in those responses, but most of his responses were keyed up for the sake of having fun with the segment, a la Stephen Colbert's display of "Truthiness" on the Colbert Report.

Having a difference of opinion is a healthy thing, but not being able to debate those viewpoints in a civil manner isn't. After over a decade of Chris relaying his well thought-out opinions and in-turn getting put on blast with knee jerk reactions can take a toll and I can understand why he said what he said this episode.

At the end of the day, if you or anyone took offense to his words, than his Straight Talk was for you. He is entitled to his opinion as you are yours, and the world keeps turning despite your differences.

Then again, what do I know? ^_^

PS: If you don't pre-order Gundamn! the Origin, the terrorists win! Pre-order your copy of Vol. 1 immediately at Right Stuf & Amazon!
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu

User avatar
Chris
Bald Wizard
Posts: 4523
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by Chris » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:11 pm

jabman025 wrote:there is no reason you have to listen to our "fantasies", like I said, you don't have to even acknowledge our existence if you don't want to.

Your angry Chris because we, in your words, we refuse to face reality. Reality is a matter of perspective. Your really angry because we don't see things from your point of view, and if we don't see things from your point of view you believe we are always and inextricably wrong.
Yeah, you refuse to face reality, so all you can do is lash out at me for telling the truth. You're so blind it's not even funny. It's not that you don't see things from MY point of view, it's that you refuse to see the world for what it is, and that world isn't a place where we magically get Gundam things just because we talk about wanting them online. If you think that's the real world, then yes, you will always be wrong, no matter what.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

jehuty29
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by jehuty29 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:50 pm

I did enjoy the straight talk and Chris is right on point with this one. Every time I hear people talk about a gundam revival here I just roll my eyes. These people really have no concept of how small our market is. I guess these people don't consider that there is such a thing as having unreasonable hope.

I have to ask though Chris, why stop commenting on the hopers and dreamers segment in its entirety? I get your beef with delusional gundam fans, but what about hopers for all the other subjects?

User avatar
jabman025
Defender of DESTINY
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: St. Louis MO

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by jabman025 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Soul Bro I understand there is more than a little satire in what Chris says, I just think that this time he may have pushed a few of my buttons on this one (which was probably his intention)

I understand the facts here, the chances of this "bring back gundam" bit doing any good is slim and none, but I don't see any harm in it either, and attacking someone for doing something with good intentions no matter how useless the act might end up being, seems wrong to me.

oh and one more thing, yes I have preordered gundam the origin volume 1
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025

User avatar
hawk of endymion
Ill-informed Newscaster
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:06 am
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA
Contact:

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by hawk of endymion » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:53 pm

:lol:

Once again, Jabman the Idiot doesn't get it.

Chris reached his limit. For years, he's heard this "if Bandai did this; if we had Gundam in the U.S etc", and for once something was available (the reprint of the Origin). And you heard the numbers, just 3,000 orders, proving Gundam fans are like most fans now, all talk and no action. So, I can understand his frustration.

Hopes and dreams are fine, but they need to be based in some reality and the that's not the case with Gundam fans.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

neomahq@gmail.com

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke

User avatar
Dollow
Content Specialist
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Riverside, CA, US

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by Dollow » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:24 am

Just to talk about the STE

I agree with Chris as he is completely right. When I heard this ep I was hyped, and by the end I heard that Gundam The Origin was only set for a pre-order of 4000 units, he is right about these Dreamers, numbers don't lie to us, there really is not a big fanbase, who are willing to pay for the book. To Chris' other point, it is that he is not going to even talk about the crap, he did it out of light fun; but everyone else took it WAY to seriously, and believe he does it to crap on everyone.

To compare, I love Valkyria Chronicles from SEGA. The First game did not sell very well, but even then SEGA believe there was a fanbase to sell the series to west, and when SEGA released Valkyria Chronicles 2, no one got it and that killed any chance of the third game coming to the west, and even the hope & dreamers in that fandom who want it, only number at 3000 if that. SEGA would not sell a game that sells that badly. And the same is for Gundam in the west, we had a chance to make this a big huge thing for ourselves and we did, all 4000 of us.

So Chris is saying he is not even going to talk about it on gundamn, even for the light bit of fun, as everytime he does it he gets garbage tossed his way because fans take it too seriously, and that they don't like their reality being told the truth. I can say I am done, I understand Chris and I am not a Hope and Dreamer no more because I have little faith in that.

On the main topics, Panzer World Galient, I have never seen it as but as a fantasy show it would seem to be right up my alley.

On to censorship, there was some very bad edits, I will mention the whole thing on Card Captor Sakura, that is one of the worse examples of edits; as the you had pretty much a whole show make also most no sense, and only when I saw the Japanese version, it made sense. and fact that they tried to Sakura not the main character and that still did not work as you can clearly see she still is the made character in that show. Bad all around.

Good show, sad but still fun.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter

User avatar
yazi88
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
Posts: 1164
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:53 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by yazi88 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:31 am

Oh yeah, I actually picked up the Gundam Escalation novel about 2 months ago. Some of the translation was done better from what I've heard of the original not so good 1st translation of "Jims" and "Zaks" and "Jion".

User avatar
Gundam420
AEUG Slapping Boy
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:48 am

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by Gundam420 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:32 am

yazi88 wrote:Yo relax guys. There's always the hopers and dreamers corner to let post these things in. No need to get real testy here.

Let's just all hate on Kio Asuno and leave the real hate to the hatemaster himself, Austin.
I'd rather hate on Seed Destiny, but sure why not?
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator

User avatar
Gundam420
AEUG Slapping Boy
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:48 am

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by Gundam420 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:54 am

Ok, I'm sorry to butt in, but this is ridiculous jabman. Shouldn't you be used to Chris and Neo's cynicism regardless of whether or not he's joking? It sounds as if you're listening to Chris talk about this for the first time. He may have been joking around when it comes to hopers and dreamers in the past but there's a truth to it. He's elaborated several times in the past on why Gundam will never be as popular now as it was back in the Wing days. Why are you getting pissed now? The point isn't to bring people down (ok, maybe it is), but it's really about being open to possibilities. And sometimes those possibilities aren't what we want. I would love for more Gundam shows to be released officially outside of Japan, but it isn't happening anytime soon. Why? Because reality. It's all about taking a step back and looking at the big picture. There's nothing wrong with dreaming or fantasizing. But it shouldn't blind you.

Also...

Chris is done with hopers and dreamers? Does this mean I can have Soulbro's job? Haha. Just kidding.
Last edited by Gundam420 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator

User avatar
yazi88
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
Posts: 1164
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:53 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by yazi88 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:58 am

Its kinda ironic that Chris mentioned these things in Straight Talk Express when about a week ago I was telling some young punk freshman in my university at a gathering that he was putting on heavily modified and rather reality escaping nostalgia glasses that he actually believed that Evangelion and Voltron would be great live action AMERICAN movies (let alone any live action movies regardless of the developers). The dude honestly believed that Hollywood can easily make live movie adaptations of anime and not mutilate it because of successes like Transformers movies which doesn't even make sense since they were adaptations of AMERICAN media.

That guy would not listen to reason, he started to pull up TV tropes to explain how anime has "really" influenced "many" American cartoons and even toy illustrations. I kept telling the dude that anime is a very niche field and that anime is made for Japanese audiences and for the most part will not even air on American TV which is a lost cause.

I just gave up, but not before I got the last laugh and told him about the monstrosities that were G-savior and Shadow Chronicles, and Dragon Ball Evolution.

Nostalgia glasses are truly a very dangerous and often stupefying mindset.

PS: I've never thought that Chris was ever cynical/jaded. Ain't like he's Dennis. Probably only in the slightest despair when talking about the stupidity of internet trolls. Remember Chris, logic and common sense are POWER!

EDIT: Since you guys were talking about edits and Toonami, wasn't the Techi Muyo series also edited quite a bit? Thankfully it didn't impact on the enjoyment of the shows. At least I don't it did.
Also Robotech was a pretty bad edit but that's a whole different subject rather than censoring.

User avatar
Varnis
Mecha Flunky
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by Varnis » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:19 am

Response to straight-talk express: PIPEBOMB!!

No seriously, One of the reasons why I listen to Gundamn and Chaos Theater every 2-3 weeks is because I'm listening to a bunch of hosts who aren't constantly blinding themselves in the world of entertainment fantasies. I'm reminded of a Note someone sent in the mailbag early this year that referred to Chris as 'always right', What this someone should've said was 'Talks more realism and less B***S***'. I figured it was inevitable that Chris would explode like this someday...He's only human afterall.
What more can i say? That's the way things are!

User avatar
Chris
Bald Wizard
Posts: 4523
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by Chris » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:53 am

jabman025 wrote:Soul Bro I understand there is more than a little satire in what Chris says, I just think that this time he may have pushed a few of my buttons on this one (which was probably his intention)
If you feel angered by what I said, I accomplished my goal, which was to bring uncomfortable truths to light.
jabman025 wrote:I understand the facts here, the chances of this "bring back gundam" bit doing any good is slim and none, but I don't see any harm in it either, and attacking someone for doing something with good intentions no matter how useless the act might end up being, seems wrong to me.

oh and one more thing, yes I have preordered gundam the origin volume 1
But it's not harmless, because it allows these delusions to persist and sets people up for massive disappointments based on their own unrealistic expectations. I've seen this before in other fandoms like Shenmue. Some people have been working themselves up with petitions, YouTube videos and other crap for 11 years (sound familiar?) when it's clear Sega is never going to make Shenmue III. So what happened? Some fans became bitter, angry bastards who lash out at things because they're pissed about Shenmue III. So some of them hate Yakuza and resent it for having similar gameplay to Shenmue but being far more successful. And they're out there trolling things like Sega's Facebook page, so whenever Sega mentions any game, no matter what it is, they crap on it and demand Shenmue III instead.

Aside from not being harmless, these online campaigns are useless. People think the Internet can magically change everything, and it can't. Ask that Kony guy how the Internet took him down and got him arrested. Oh wait, it didn't. Any idiot can tweet a hashtag or comment on some video, which is why things like that are called "slacktivism." It requires no part on your effort and no sacrifice. Companies aren't interested in that. If you want to effect change, you vote with your wallet, and the opportunity with Gundam fans for that was Origin. If the Gundam fandom was so strong and willing to buy products, the preorders should've been at least triple what they are now or more. Instead, they're on the lower end of Vertical's estimates, and given the diminishing returns that follow from a first volume, it's looking very likely that this is going to be an incomplete release.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

User avatar
yazi88
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
Posts: 1164
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:53 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Ep. 115 - Gundamn!...Into Darkness

Post by yazi88 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:16 pm

Damn, I remember how bad Escaflowne was, I never did and never will forgive Fox kids for that.

Although Cardcaptor Sakura was aired on WB but that itself didn't make itself any different from Escaflowne cause it was also very chopped up on WB but at least the music was not as screwed as Escaflowne was.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests