Ep. 113 - Journey Through the Ruins of Your Childhood

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 113 - Journey Through the Ruins of Your Childhood

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 113 - "Journey Through the Ruins of Your Childhood"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 156 min., 2 sec. (2:36:02) - 71.4 MB

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Special Guest Hosts: Dollow Rlance (Segment One), Mr. Bushido (Segment Two)

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:24:39

02. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:24:39 - 0:25:30

03. Pretentious Internet Theatre (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:25:30 - 0:25:57

04. 1st Segment: Patlabor Round-up! - "WXIII: Mobile Police Patlabor Movie III" (Review)
Runtime: 0:25:57 - 1:07:01

05. "The God of War" by Garma Strikes!
Runtime: 1:07:01 - 1:10:01

06. I Thought They Smelled Bad on the Outside (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:10:01 - 1:10:52

07. 2nd Segment: "The Magic Kingdom Strikes Back! - Disney Buys Lucasfilm" (Discussion)
Runtime: 1:10:52 - 2:21:19

08. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:21:19 - 2:21:57

09. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:21:57 - 2:22:57

10. Outro: "Closing/Shoutouts!/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 2:22:57 - 2:36:02

First, we wrap up Patlabor Round-up with Dollow Rlance when we review Mini-Pato & Movie III! Then, MechaTalk's resident Imperial Storm Trooper, Mr. Bushido, joins us to rap about the impact of the momumental purchase of Lucasfilm by the Walt Disney Company!

After this episode, head on over to our YouTube Channel and check out uncensored conversations about absolute randomness from your favorite Gundamn hosts!

Ep. 113 - Extra Segments! (Very NSFW!)
- Part One: "The Wire Season 3 Spoilers & Stan Lee"
- Part Two: "Miscellaneous"
- Part Three: "Miscellaneous"
- Part Four: "Miscellaneous"

In-between segments, we sometimes have inspired off-topic and uncensored conversations about anything and everything. Now, they have a home on our YouTube channel! Subscribe to our Youtube channel @ http://www.YouTube.com/GundamnMAHQ and be on the lookout for more extra segments!

Even after all of that, you're still hankering for more Gundamn?! Well, catch us guest hosting on the following podcasts!
- Tomocast Ep. 40: "Gundam" (feat. Chris & Soul Bro Ryu) - iTunes
- Anime Addicts Anonymous Ep. 153: "Anime Inventions & Mobile Suit Gundam AGE" (feat. Soul Bro Ryu) - iTunes

Also, don't forget to participate in Gundamn Fan Chat! Organized by NastyNate, there are several ways that you can let him know that you want to be a part of the next session:

- Participate in the Gundamn Fan Chat Thread @ Mechatalk.net!
- Become a part of the Gundamn! @ MAHQ Facebook Group!

Make sure to peep their latest pow-wow below!
- Ep. 001 - Favorite Mecha Anime Relationships (The Premiere Episode!)
- Ep. 002 - Top 5 Mecha Final Battles (NEW! Feat. Soul Bro Ryu)

Want to ask us a question that could be played during a future episode? Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Peep these Podcasts & Videos also!:
- Chaos Theater: Sp. 003 - Hatercast feat. Austin Blake & Neo Lorrnoke! (Mechatalk Thread)
- Fighters Ready!: Ep. 006 - Open the Game! feat. Samantha Marchello & Scott Wachter of RPGamer.com! (FightersReady.net Thread)
- Shinjuku Station Fight Tube: Video Review - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Anime TV Series - Ep. 001 - "Dio the Destroyer"

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - Facebook group - Spill - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - MichaelBay.com: The Official Domain of His Bayness

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn

[email protected]

Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
yazi88

Re: Ep. 113 - Journey Through the Ruins of Your Childhood

I knew you guys were going to cover the Disney buying Lucas Arts deal. It had straight talk written all over it. The only problem that I have with the deal is that I truly hope there are no more damn E-WOK MOVIES! I say this because I saw those crappy movies on Disney back in the late 1990s.
Mr Bushido

I am now currently listening to myself.
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
Vent Noir

Re: The comment that "if you're a fan of sci-fi, you have to be a fan of Star Wars to some degree"

I consider myself a fan, but I don't think that's necessarily true. In fact, I forget his name (I think his surname started with B), but there was one fairly-prolific hard-SF writer who was pretty vocal in his assertion that Star Wars and Star Trek were an embarrasment to science fiction as a genre. Sort of the SF version of fantasy writers who try to distance themselves from JRR Tolkien.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Vent Noir

Next franchise roundup... well, we could do with a break from them for a little while, but when you get back into them, how about Transformers? I know you've covered some parts of it already, but there's still a lot of ground to cover in there.

Alternatively, the Mazinger franchise, although finding stuff from the 70s shows to watch might prove difficult.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Chris
Administrator

Vent Noir wrote:Next franchise roundup... well, we could do with a break from them for a little while, but when you get back into them, how about Transformers?
No freaking way. It's too huge a commitment. We are going to discuss a few more Transformers shows, but there's no way that we're doing everything.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Vent Noir wrote:Re: The comment that "if you're a fan of sci-fi, you have to be a fan of Star Wars to some degree"

I consider myself a fan, but I don't think that's necessarily true. In fact, I forget his name (I think his surname started with B), but there was one fairly-prolific hard-SF writer who was pretty vocal in his assertion that Star Wars and Star Trek were an embarrasment to science fiction as a genre. Sort of the SF version of fantasy writers who try to distance themselves from JRR Tolkien.
Of course there will always be outliers. But I still think its safe to say that MOST, not all, sci fi fans from the last 30 years or so are Stars Wars Fan in some degree.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Mu La Flaga

Chris wrote:
Vent Noir wrote:Next franchise roundup... well, we could do with a break from them for a little while, but when you get back into them, how about Transformers?
No freaking way. It's too huge a commitment. We are going to discuss a few more Transformers shows, but there's no way that we're doing everything.
You know what, don't blame you Energon, Cybertron, Armada would be fair to leave them aside possibly.
If do G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, RID, chances are I've seen it and would be interested in joining in for such a discussion :P

Anyway on to my episode comments.
i can't again comment on Patlabor stuff.
Star Wars this is obviously a pretty big thing and a good move I think taking Lucas out of the equation.
New movies coming along the line and now Disney are in charge of Lucasarts and all that also.
So this just seems like a really good thing now.
I look forward to what the future brings I really do.

That is keeping it simple, apparently also since Lucas is no longer in control I've heard rumor spark up about Ford and Hammil coming back to Star Wars again.

As for Disney buying up Hasbro yeah I was wondering what was up with that.

Finally some of those comments were funny(the trolly fanboy reactions)
Some of them were stupid if they don't realize the merchandising aspect.
Troll is around but he aint the same, it seems Dennis is though and he knows the meaning of Star Wars culture.
Flame-X

I would suggest Votoms for the next franchise roundup.
jcncasval76

When I heard of the Disney/LucasFilm merger, particularly with ILM/LucasArts & Pixar, I thought it was a reunion, and as far as I'm concerned, it's better to have a company who has a cast of thousands in the creative talents by a country mile (even more than News Corps ever do with Fox "News") than just gets stagnated with no directions. I'm with Neo with regards to "someone ruins my childhood" crap all the way, especially I've been hearing of that same complaint in politics for the last 4 years (long story), IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD, just look at the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the past few years, have they really that bad? I would get a tons of migraine and start puking all over San Francisco if I hear that quote "_____ ruins the childhood".

As for the way Lucas had his clawed cinched in all that time with Star Wars, he made the right decision at that time to keep the studios executives away from his vision. The problem with that was everything stuck with Lucas when things went wrong and he got old, so this merger also provides a check-and-balance that wasn't there during the SW Prequels. I sincerely hope Disney plays their cards right with such huge opportunity and bring this franchise into their media channels.

Gene Roddenberry, with all his talents in creating Star Trek, he just refused to adapt by the time Paramount launched the movie franchises and just hated every scripts with reckless abandonment until his death - even though he was only being signed on as a "creative consultant" at that time. So Lucas was smart enough to sell his creation to a company who can further expand his vision, knowing he's not going to do that all the time - even with Indiana Jones.

The only question remains whether they would do anything on cracking down on any sort of infringements on anyone including the 501st Legion, yet if Disney would indeed crack down on something like that, they would rather deal with the illegal merchandising before going after fans since even George Lucas acknowledged them in a regular basis, and he personally listened to the voices of the fans, whether it kinds of destroying its own franchises with bad storytelling or characters, which something News Corp NEVER understand whatsoever.

On a side note, did the Golden Gate Garrison made an appearance during the Giants' 2012 World Series victory parade? I don't know if I saw that happening on local TV.
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Flame-X wrote:I would suggest Votoms for the next franchise roundup.
Can't guarantee that Votoms will be the next roundup franchise, but I can guarantee it'll be done sometime in the future.

I'll you what you should be requesting is a Sir Bay roundup on Chaos Theater.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke