Sp. 018 - The Sega Software Shootout!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Sp. 018 - The Sega Software Shootout!

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Special 018 - "The Sega Software Shootout!"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 166 min., 29 sec. (2:46:29) - 76.2 MB

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Special Guest Panelists: Dollow Rlance, Melissa, Sam & Varnis

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Part One: "Through the Sega Ages - A History of Gaming"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 1:15:36

02. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:15:36 - 1:16:14

03. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:16:14 - 1:17:05

04. Part Two: "Games of Honorable Mention & A Soliloquy of Sonic"
Runtime: 1:17:05 - 2:46:29

Today's Special Episode features Gundamn! @ MAHQ's Soul Bro Ryu, Dollow Rlance from previous Gundamn Specials, Gundamn Listener Varnis, Melissa and Sam - joining forces in this special episode to discuss the history of games produced by Sega!

After this episode, head on over to our YouTube Channel and check out uncensored conversations about absolute randomness from your favorite Gundamn hosts!

Ep. 112 - Extra Segments! (Very NSFW!)
- Part One: "Iron Man 3 & Comic Book Movies"
- Part Two: "The Wire"
- Part Three: "The Wire (con't.) & Heisenberg"

In-between segments, we sometimes have inspired off-topic and uncensored conversations about anything and everything. Now, they have a home on our YouTube channel! Subscribe to our Youtube channel @ http://www.YouTube.com/GundamnMAHQ and be on the lookout for more extra segments!

Even after all of that, you're still hankering for more Gundamn?! Well, catch us guest hosting on the following podcasts!
- Tomopop Ep. 40: "Gundam" (feat. Chris & Soul Bro Ryu) - iTunes
- Anime Addicts Anonymous Ep. 153: "Anime Inventions & Mobile Suit Gundam AGE" (feat. Soul Bro Ryu) - iTunes

Also, don't forget to participate in Gundamn Fan Chat! Organized by NastyNate, there are several ways that you can let him know that you want to be a part of the next session:

- Participate in the Gundamn Fan Chat Thread @ Mechatalk.net!
- Become a part of the Gundamn! @ MAHQ Facebook Group!

Make sure to peep their latest pow-wow below!
- Ep. 001 - Favorite Mecha Anime Relationships (The Premiere Episode!)
- Ep. 002 - Top 5 Mecha Final Battles (NEW! Feat. Soul Bro Ryu)

Want to ask us a question that could be played during a future episode? Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Peep these Podcasts & Videos also!:
- Chaos Theater: Sp. 003 - Hatercast feat. Austin Blake & Neo Lorrnoke! (Mechatalk Thread)
- Fighters Ready!: Ep. 006 - Open the Game! feat. Samantha Marchello & Scott Wachter of RPGamer.com! (FightersReady.net Thread)
- Shinjuku Station Fight Tube: Video Review - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Anime TV Series - Ep. 001 - "Dio the Destroyer"

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - Facebook group - Spill - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - MichaelBay.com: The Official Domain of His Bayness

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn

[email protected]

Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
yazi88

Re: Sp. 018 - The Sega Software Shootout!

A pity Shoji Ramuro couldn't join you guys for this special but hey, having Dollow is always to pleasure to listen to.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Oh great, another podcast of angry nerds talking about the "good old" days.

I dedicate that nugget of hate to you, General.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Varnis

I'll admit...I think we pretty much discussed Sega to death...literally >.>

Direct all that hatred onto me :D
What more can i say? That's the way things are!
Soul Bro Ryu

hawk of endymion wrote:I dedicate that nugget of hate to you, General.
He is Sega Hitler after all.
Soul Bro Ryu
tHeWasTeDYouTh

oh man hell yeah, I was one of the few people in the US(only 2 million Sega Saturns sold in America) that had a Saturn

all my friends had the N64 or the Playstation but I was the only one that had the Saturn and then again I was the only one that got a Dreamcast

Phantasy Star Online and Skies of Arcadia are one of the most amazing games I have ever played

ps. Does anyone know from what movie it is when after they finish talking about Sega some guy is on the phone and is like "GODDAMMIT MOM I TOLD YOU TO KNOCK BEFORE YOU COME IN" that stuff is killing me from laughter
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Arbiter GUNDAM

I believe that was Kiefer Sutherland.

Also, the Dreamcast is dead. Long live the Dreamcast.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Soul Bro Ryu

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote:Does anyone know from what movie it is when after they finish talking about Sega some guy is on the phone and is like "GODDAMMIT MOM I TOLD YOU TO KNOCK BEFORE YOU COME IN" that stuff is killing me from laughter
Arbiter is right. It's Kiefer, in a guest spot on Canadian sitcom, "Corner Gas". He's staying at him mom's house (real life Canadian actress Shirley Douglass) when one of the characters from Corner Gas mistakenly calls her house. He picks up and comedy ensues.

YouTube Clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwAP3wuIG2A
Soul Bro Ryu
yazi88

So nice to hear that people other than me also appreciate Resonance of Fate. I also salute the Galien Liberation Front. As much as I want Valyria Chronicles 3, its almost moot at this point cause the PSP is dead now in the US. Although a PSN only release might not be a bad idea...
tHeWasTeDYouTh

in the podcast did anyone talk about SEAMAN? or Alien Front Online?

I have to say that at the end of the video when Soul Bro talked about Hudson Soft shutting down it gave me DAT FEEL. My cousin had a TURBODUO and I remember going over to his house and playing all these amazing games

any Atari fans here??? Atari might finally die pretty soon so maybe someone can make an episode like the Sega one!!!
YOU'RE MESHI
Mu La Flaga

Soul Bro Ryu wrote:
He is probably also hating because he can't be part of these specials.
At least Sho got in one special :P
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Mu La Flaga wrote:
Soul Bro Ryu wrote:
He is probably also hating because he can't be part of these specials.
At least Sho got in one special :P
Good one, Felon!

I've been on like over 100 episodes of Gundamn. Believe me I've been a passenger on Soul Bro's Nostalgia Express plenty of times.

And anyway don't you have license plates to make?
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Arbiter GUNDAM

Gotta disagree with that one guy 'cause BIG THE CAT SHOULD BURN IN THE LOWEST CIRCLE OF DANTE'S INFERNO.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Varnis

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote:any Atari fans here??? Atari might finally die pretty soon so maybe someone can make an episode like the Sega one!!!
Sure....give me the name of a Gamer who's had a long history with Atari, I'll tweet them, lock them up in a Skype Chat with Shoji and SoulBro etc. and let the recorders roll XP
What more can i say? That's the way things are!
Mu La Flaga

hawk of endymion wrote: Good one, Felon!

I've been on like over 100 episodes of Gundamn. Believe me I've been a passenger on Soul Bro's Nostalgia Express plenty of times.

And anyway don't you have license plates to make?
Oh yeah 100 episodes and over of "Neo's Ill Informed News"
The graduate from the Larry King school of journalism, great education ;)
hotlimit

I hate to be "that guy", but I cringed when Soul Bro said Outrun had licensed Porsches! Outrun was all Ferraris, which were eventually introduced to Gran Turismo in GT5. EA holds the Porsche license, which they loaned out to Microsoft for a Forza 4 expansion (and use for their own Need for Speed series). But I digress, hahaha.

Now that I've listened to more of the episode, I can't show enough love for Jet Set Radio. I remember just randomly going to Steam one day (I use it maybe once a year) and seeing they had JSR for PC!!!!!!!!! I bought it without hesitation and.... was extremely disappointed to find out that it doesn't work on my computer (some random bug that will go unfixed because console->PC ports are garbage). Still I have no problem supporting that game, and the documentary that comes with it is AMAZING.

One of my favorite Sega titles of all is Blazer Drive for the Nintendo DS. Sadly, it didn't sell very well in Japan and never saw an American release, but dang, that game is great. The game is essentially a collectible card game reminiscent of SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters Clash (for NGPC, and I do not make this comparison lightly!), combined with a weird story about magic stickers and the most incredible environments and soundtrack on the DS, hands down. It has my second favorite soundtrack of all time (right behind Wangan Midnight MT:3), each track crafted perfectly to fit the game's unique stages. The main game itself is a bit easy, but there's a bit of replay value but man, oh man, why did it have to fail...

Another honorable mention that got stuck overseas is the arcade strategy RTS San Goku Shi Taisen. Check out some youtube videos of that game to see how far Sega's arcade tech has really come. Skeeball meets Warcraft, let's go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vWzay72Ol8
Mu La Flaga

So now after squabbling with Neo going to post my opinion of sorts.

Damn Varnis got screwed over by a fire alarm :P
Anyway just wanted to add a comment so far as I'm listening.
I"m not sure these are on XBox live but you can get House of the Dead 3 and 4 as well Overkill Extended on PSN
I also have Nights, Daytonna, Afterburner Climax, Sonic Adventure and a bunch of their oldies but goodies games.

I do remember playing a little bit of Panzer Dragoon when they had it back in a retail shop on demo and I loved the shooting sections.
I heard they did lose the code, I know also House of the Dead has the exact same problem.
2 is out on the 360 also, but maybe they might do something with them sometime.

Also I am REALLY looking forward to Virtual On, I have the Sega AGES release of that and the PS2's sticks work great on it.
So it would be the same for the PSN version when it comes out.

To finish up my thoughts Dollow your not the only one who really likes Valkyria Chronicles.
I got the game 2nd hand and it is fun and challenging.

Not to mention got to give love to Phantasty games I have a few of the PSP and DS entry games at least.

And also some of those secondary games SEGA does with other developers ect.
Like Infinite Space, the various Aliens or AVP games they tend to do.

Sonic games I've played a fair few, I'm slowly getting more or playing the older games more recently thanks to PSN.
I also really like Afterburner Climax as well, really fun game.

So many things to say.
hotlimit

Dang, the Sonic segment got me hyped to try out some of the newer games! Oh, and if you want to find a person that loved Sonic Battle, that's me!
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Varnis wrote:
tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote:any Atari fans here??? Atari might finally die pretty soon so maybe someone can make an episode like the Sega one!!!
Sure....give me the name of a Gamer who's had a long history with Atari, I'll tweet them, lock them up in a Skype Chat with Shoji and SoulBro etc. and let the recorders roll XP
my dad had a 2600 and then he bought me a Jaguar when everyone had the Playstation and the Nintendo 64

fail but I loved playing Alien vs Predator and Tempest
YOU'RE MESHI