Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.

Moderators: hawk of endymion, Spidey62, Soul Bro Ryu

User avatar
Soul Bro Ryu
Podcast Superstar*
Posts: 556
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:09 pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by Soul Bro Ryu » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:39 pm

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 110 - "Kio at the End of an AGE"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 197 min., 12 sec. (3:17:12) - 64 MB
WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE!!!

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News & The Hopers & Dreamers Corner"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:46:02

02. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:46:02 - 0:47:00

03. I Thought They Smelled Bad on the Outside (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:47:00 - 0:48:08

04. 1st Segment: "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Three Generations Saga - Episodes 41 - 45 Review" (Discussion)
Runtime: 0:48:08 - 1:48:53

05. Pretentious Internet Theatre (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:48:53 - 1:49:19

06. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:49:19 - 1:50:10

07. 2nd Segment: "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Three Generations Saga - Episodes 46 - 49 Review" (Discussion)
Runtime: 1:50:10 - 3:05:13

08. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 3:05:13 - 3:05:57

09. Judau & the Junkyard Kids! (Commercial?)
Runtime: 3:05:57 - 3:06:45

10. Outro: "Closing/Shoutouts!/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 3:06:45 - 3:17:12

The episode you've been waiting for! As the generation-spanning conflict between Earthnoids and Vagans comes to a head, so do our reviews for Eps. 41 - 49 of Mobile Suit Gundam AGE!

BTW, shoutouts to Otaking for the work that went into his "Tie Fighter" anime concept short. Low and behold, here's the video! Peep the awesomeness!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tBM2ZfncoU

Also, don't forget to participate in Gundamn Fan Chat! Organized by NastyNate, there are several ways that you can let him know that you want to be a part of the next session:

- Participate in the Gundamn Fan Chat Thread @ Mechatalk.net!
- Become a part of the Gundamn! @ MAHQ Facebook Group!

Make sure to peep their latest pow-wow below!
- Ep. 001 - Favorite Mecha Anime Relationships (The Premiere Episode!)
- Ep. 002 - Top 5 Mecha Final Battles (NEW! Feat. Soul Bro Ryu)

Want to ask us a question that could be played during a future episode? Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Peep these Podcasts & Videos also!:
- Chaos Theater: Sp. 003 - Hatercast feat. Austin Blake & Neo Lorrnoke! (Mechatalk Thread)
- Fighters Ready!: Ep. 006 - Open the Game! feat. Samantha Marchello & Scott Wachter of RPGamer.com! (FightersReady.net Thread)
- Shinjuku Station Fight Tube: Marvel vs Capcom Origins: MvC1 - RemzRR (Misc) vs Soul Bro Ryu (Misc) - 09-29-12 - XBL (Want to battle for a set in MvC Origins? Hit me up on PSN: "Soul_Bro_Ryu" or Xbox Live: "Soul Bro Ryu"! Bloooooodia Puuuunnnnnchhhh!!!!)

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to GundamnMAHQ@gmail.com!

Many thanks for listening!
Soul Bro Ryu
SBRmahq@gmail.com

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - Facebook group - Spill - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - MichaelBay.com: The Official Domain of His Bayness

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn


Feedback:
GundamnMAHQ@gmail.com

Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu

User avatar
Strike Zero
Busty Fanservice Captain
Posts: 3410
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Becoming a Gundam

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by Strike Zero » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:42 pm

OH BOY.

Let AGE of RAGE commence! :D
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.

User avatar
Arbiter GUNDAM
Gun-toting Patlabor Pilot
Posts: 2869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: Cruisin' the Universe w/Spaceman Spiff!!!
Contact:

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by Arbiter GUNDAM » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:42 pm

I've been waiting for this one! This ought to be as good as the Hatercast.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion

User avatar
Kaioshin Sama
Lackey GM Pilot
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:36 am
Contact:

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by Kaioshin Sama » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:49 pm

One I'm probably going to skip. I've heard enough raging about Gundam AGE too last a lifetime and have already resigned myself to this sort of reception being the future of Gundam fandom that I don't need to drown my soul in it more right away. Enough is enough for me at least for now and besides I already know what everyone is going to say anyway. That's the sad thing about Gundam now, you know that no matter what is people are going to fuckin' hate it.
Last edited by Kaioshin Sama on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Chris
Bald Wizard
Posts: 4511
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by Chris » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:51 pm

No, you don't know what we're all going to say, so don't assume everything. I know you've been talking a lot about fan negativity to things and how generally horrible the fandom is, but being critical of something isn't the same as that.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

User avatar
Kaioshin Sama
Lackey GM Pilot
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:36 am
Contact:

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by Kaioshin Sama » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:56 pm

Chris wrote:No, you don't know what we're all going to say, so don't assume everything. I know you've been talking a lot about fan negativity to things and how generally horrible the fandom is, but being critical of something isn't the same as that.
True, when it comes to you at least I do respect what you say and I know you always get your facts straight and make the points that ought to be made, I'm just literally that weary of the atmosphere surrounding Gundam right now that I don't want to hear more negativity and "bad news". It's just not that fun for me right now, and this is coming from someone that usually gets a kick out of straight talk about crushing of hopes and dreams. Maybe I'll listen to it in a couple months when things quiet down. I'm a proud supporter of Gundamn@mahq and have been following the site since it was called FAHQ after all.

User avatar
Chris
Bald Wizard
Posts: 4511
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by Chris » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:04 pm

I won't tell you that we aren't highly critical in this episode, because we definitely are. However, in our overall series impressions, we do spend a good amount of time discussing the things we thought AGE did well.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

User avatar
Kaioshin Sama
Lackey GM Pilot
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:36 am
Contact:

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by Kaioshin Sama » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Chris wrote:I won't tell you that we aren't highly critical in this episode, because we definitely are. However, in our overall series impressions, we do spend a good amount of time discussing the things we thought AGE did well.
Yeah, I mean I myself have very mixed feelings about AGE and I'm sure I'd agree with most of your criticisms (I have for the ones I've heard already at least) since as I mentioned you're like a rare example of a Gundam fan that still explains his points well and without the filter of unadulterated rage and an ignorance of the actual history of the franchise or the facts pertaining to what is being discussed. You have no idea how much it helps my attention span and willingness to listen to and talk to a person when they actually know what they are talking about pertaining to Gundam.

I didn't mean to be dismissive and ungrateful in my initial comment believe me, it's just that for the most part every sort of discussion I've encountered on the show since it started has been overwhelming focused on what it did wrong by people or would do wrong by them almost as if the goal had been to tear it down rather than just discuss it seriously and through the fairness and focus of a proper critical lens. It's made me increasingly cautious about screening my discussions pertaining to Gundam series...more so even than I was during 00 and almost to the point where I am actually weary about talking about Gundam itself in places I go on the net for fear of triggering a deluge of hate commentary. I'd swear too many people these days seem to take almost perverse pleasure in just ripping on Gundam and that's the sort of thing I'm really weary of and have been I suppose griping about in the threads. I think I understand how Ngee Khiong felt when he closed up shop a couple years ago.

Anyway, I don't think I could listen to a podcast that's all bashing, but a good focused critical discussion, that's quite palatable and I think sorely needed for some perspective in the Gundam community right now. 3 hours is a long time to spend on the podcast after all so there must be more meat to it than the norm for AGE discussion.

User avatar
Chris
Bald Wizard
Posts: 4511
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by Chris » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:50 pm

Well, the three hours isn't just on AGE. We spent a lot of time on the news and Soul Bro's hope and dreams corner.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

User avatar
kayone73
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by kayone73 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Weird technical issue, I was trying to download this ep via iTunes directly to my phone but for some reason iTunes is showing the ep as already downloaded when I clearly don't have it yet. Not saying it's your guys fault, but other ppl might bring this up as well, just giving you a heads up. Will try to manually download from iTunes when I get home and sync it up w my phone/ipod.

User avatar
Kei Katsuragi
Creepy Bishonen
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:46 am
Location: Trapped in the center of the Daitokuiten

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by Kei Katsuragi » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Though I do disagree with what you said about Vagans being worst than the EA (specifically the Atlantic Federation), this episode sort of exhausted me because I've been saying a lot of your criticisms to my own friends, ad nauseam, and it sounded like you guys literally did not like talking about the show (a feeling I never got from any of your DESTINY discussions) but I appreciated that you guys stuck with sensible critiques that were actually bad about the show. No being pedantic like some other people have been.

Also I noticed that you [Chris] had rated some episodes of AGE lower in this episode than in your written reviews. Did the episodes sour for you?

User avatar
ZeonsSilverStar
Mysterious Masked Dude
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by ZeonsSilverStar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:15 pm

I think being called Kio is the worst insult I've ever endured, and I've endured doozies. Nonetheless great show as always. Now while I wasn't one of those people who trashed AGE before it aired I will say that I'm glad its over.

One last bit you had me cracking up with GIRARDO SPRIGGAN.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar

User avatar
Silver_August
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:05 pm
Location: Harvestone Town, Ginune Region
Contact:

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by Silver_August » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:11 am

Good episode, always nice to listen to these while working on my website. I will voche for them and debunk anyone who thinks its 2 and a half hours of hating, their discussion was very logical, valid and hilarious arguments. In the end they're right. the show kind of fell apart half way through and it wasn't until the Three Generations arc that things got BAD and it's just sad to see it turn out the way it did because no one wants (or at least shouldn't want) something to turn out disappointing. I'm still disappointed, but I enjoyed the show, I had fun, I didn't regret the time and money spent on this show and I look forward to the upcoming HG Age kits. Keep up the good work guys!

User avatar
Chris
Bald Wizard
Posts: 4511
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by Chris » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:20 am

ZeonsSilverStar wrote:I think being called Kio is the worst insult I've ever endured, and I've endured doozies. Nonetheless great show as always. Now while I wasn't one of those people who trashed AGE before it aired I will say that I'm glad its over.

One last bit you had me cracking up with GIRARDO SPRIGGAN.
Take comfort in that it could've been worse.... we could've called you a Soul Bro's Man.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

User avatar
Soul Bro Ryu
Podcast Superstar*
Posts: 556
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:09 pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by Soul Bro Ryu » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:05 am

Chris wrote:Take comfort in that it could've been worse.... we could've called you a Soul Bro's Man.
Har. Dee. Har.
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu

Matthew Grawbadger
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:08 am
Location: Cork

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by Matthew Grawbadger » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:24 pm

That was great craic. Neo in particular sounded like he really drank his way through the whole sorry enterprise.

I skip to the review segments every time, and this delivered the same weary frustration that made the old montrously long review sagas so entertaining.

I approve wholeheartedly of the bigger chunked review segments. It gives the hate time to percolate.

Thanks, Gundamn!

User avatar
JHuddle
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:35 am

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by JHuddle » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:50 pm

wait, so no mailbag ? been waiting for my question for three wekes lol

User avatar
Chris
Bald Wizard
Posts: 4511
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by Chris » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:05 pm

JHuddle wrote:wait, so no mailbag ? been waiting for my question for three wekes lol
The show already ran over three hours. You expect us to spend another 30-40 minutes on the mailbag? You'll have to be patient.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

User avatar
Mu La Flaga
OMG Doomsday Laser
Posts: 1436
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:06 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by Mu La Flaga » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:49 am

Can't contribute much to this thread, not been watching AGE.
Glad it's over so we can move on to better and newer more exciting things on the show in future instead of a segment I have no interest in.
Not trying to hate on Age or anything, just saying.

And Chris you think Neo's ill-informed reputation shines through from his degree from the Larry King school of journalism? :P
(At least we Aussies know what culture is, heck even Dennis knows the meaning of culture :P)

User avatar
kayone73
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Ep. 110 - Kio at the End of an AGE

Post by kayone73 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:46 pm

Agree with above, that sometimes a bad anime series, does have a silver lining, because it leads to some very amusing and hilarious review commentary, criticism and well served hate. I can't wait to hear what sound bytes from the various AGE segments will make it to the Gundam Year 5 special (holy crap, 2012 is closing up already!). The podcast's coverage of AGE has definitely yielded a healthy crop of audio comedy from the hosts.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests