Ep. 105 - The Courtship of Kio's Father

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 105 - The Courtship of Kio's Father

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 105 - "The Courtship of Kio's Father"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 138 min., 15 sec. (2:18:15) - 63.3 MB

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:20:14

02. Next Time on Chaos Theater - "Episode 029: Dragon Age" (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:20:14 - 0:21:45

03. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:21:45 - 0:22:28

04. Extended Segment: "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Generation Three - Episodes 33 - 36 Review" (Discussion)
Runtime: 0:22:28 - 1:20:51

05. Next Time on Fighters Ready! - "Episode 005: Evil Prevails at Evo 2012!" (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:20:51 - 1:24:55

06. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:24:55 - 1:25:46

07. Outro: "The Gundamn Mailbag!/Closing/Soul Bro's Shoutouts!/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 1:25:46 - 2:18:15

Our coverage of Space Pirates continues as we review Eps. 33-36 of Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Generation III!

Also, don't forget to participate in Gundamn Fan Chat! Organized by NastyNate, there are several ways that you can let him know that you want to be a part of the next session:

- Participate in the Gundamn Fan Chat Thread @ Mechatalk.net!
- Become a part of the Gundamn! @ MAHQ Facebook Group!

Make sure to peep their latest pow-wow below!
- Ep. 001 - Favorite Mecha Anime Relationships (The Premiere Episode!)

Want to ask us a question that could be played during a future episode? Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Peep these Podcasts also!:
- Chaos Theater: Ep. 027 - The Films of Pixar (Mechatalk Thread)
- Chaos Theater: Ep. 028 - Torchwood (Mechatalk Thread)
- Fighters Ready!: Ep. 004 - Show 'em tha' Guap, man! (FightersReady.net Thread)

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Music featured in this Episode:
Details coming soon!

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - Facebook group - Spill - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - AAA Podcast Network

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn

[email protected]

Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Mu La Flaga

Re: Ep. 105 - The Courtship of Kio's Father

Don't have much to say, but in response to the Goose's mailbag entry question 4.

Chris you are thinking of the Mark 5 armor, which I said once before in the Iron Man episode thread :P
The colours themselves are homages to Silver Centurion, but the design idea is from the modular mark 12 armor of the 90s, aka the armor Tony Stark used in the 90s Iron Man series.

Also Neo, the name of the armor your thinking of is the Silver Centurion armor.

Can't comment on Gundam AGE as I am not watching it.

That is all I've got guys.
Chris
Administrator

Mu La Flaga wrote:Chris you are thinking of the Mark 5 armor, which I said once before in the Iron Man episode thread :P
How nice for you. I have better things to do than keep track of every little comment people make in discussion threads.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mu La Flaga

Chris wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:Chris you are thinking of the Mark 5 armor, which I said once before in the Iron Man episode thread :P
How nice for you. I have better things to do than keep track of every little comment people make in discussion threads.
Like running MAHQ obviously and banning trolls etc.

Anyway just letting you know which model armor that one is.

I'm a fair bit in to Iron Man, so you know.
Besides who said I was keeping track of every little comment people make in discussion threads?
It's not that hard to remember the Iron Man episode, the episode which was supposedly lost then found :P

Not to mention I like the Mark 5/Suitcase armor also.
Strike Zero

Great episode, as usual.

The highlight for me was when Soul Bro got to talking about the lovely Captain Einus. I haven't laughed that hard in quite a while. Thanks for that. :lol:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Wingnut

Strike Zero wrote:Great episode, as usual.

The highlight for me was when Soul Bro got to talking about the lovely Captain Einus. I haven't laughed that hard in quite a while. Thanks for that. :lol:
He just kept on digging that hole deeper and deeper no matter what he said about Natora-san. Even the most minor related stuff took on a different meaning after that got started.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
hotlimit

I got all excited when I heard the Candidate theme song, ahahha.
mobiusdiablo

Wearing shitty RPG prisoner clothes that act as the starting outfit for any Elder Scrolls character? Does that make him DOVAHKIIN? No, Dovahkiin doesn't stupidly punch cannons and fail.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
kayone73

Since the start of the AGE-3 arc, I've been waiting for you guys to give in and run with the Capt Einus joke, and you guys did it beautifully on almost Kevin Smith levels. I laughed listening to the segment. Bravo and thanks.
T.V.

It had me laughing more than I should as well. ;)
That said, isn't Gundam AGE gunning for (mentally) 12 year olds as its primary viewership?..

It also sounds as if the hosts are suffering a bit from Gundam (AGE) fatigue. :p
And i'll be laughing if AGE copies a page from Turn A's black history book at some point like Neo commented jokingly. Perhaps the EXA DB is connected to Tokita's Gundam EXA manga? Though that's something to be discussed elsewhere.

To add to Neo's and Soul Bro's comment's about the plan of building a real Gundam and something smaller, Scopedog-ish sized, being more practical, that is currently being realized as well.
I'm sure you've read about it already but if not, here's a reminder:
Suidobashi Heavy Industries is building a 3.8 meter tall quadrupedal pilotable robot that is heavily inspired by the design of the Scopedog. (via GunJap.net)

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=64949

The video's further down in the article showing off the mechanics and method of control for the arms and hand are especially interesting to watch, I find.
They're not quite at Zeong levels of having finished the prototype, but not that far off either.

Nice episode guys!
kayone73

I just want to see a 'flash forward' scene in the future featuring a grown up Kio and some kind of prologue...but that's really a thinly veiled excuse to see an older 'Rear Admiral Einus' still in the Federation military.
Chavelo

I hope this is the episode where you got the question about the specs in Gundam. If it's not, I apologize, been one of those weeks. D:

I enjoyed reading about and looking through the specs of mobile suits. In the same way that a tank enthusiast would probably do the same for World War II tanks or warplanes. When I first started looking for stuff on Gundam. That's what drew me in. The profiles and specs, they were like candy for my dorky brain. <3

Same people that like the specs. Probably also like games similar to Armored Core. Tuning and customizing a mech. Like a dream come true ;3
Chris
Administrator

Chavelo wrote:I enjoyed reading about and looking through the specs of mobile suits. In the same way that a tank enthusiast would probably do the same for World War II tanks or warplanes.
How is looking at the specs for real things that exist anything like looking at made up specs for things that don't exist and never will?
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Chavelo

Tanks and fighters, they might as well not be real, I'm a factory worker. Someone would have to be pretty generous to let me drive a tank or let me use a fighter. It's all the same in my head. And while the specs for Gundam have a few irregularities that don't make sense. They've done a pretty good job of weaving it all together. I know a small group of people who also enjoyed reading the specs. Though I don't know if they could explain it either >.>