Ep. 102 - Nostalgia Express 999

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
mobiusdiablo

Re: Ep. 102 - Nostalgia Express 999

Maybe he's confusing you with Jabman? And if you killed his dog, I would definitely like to know how you did that all the way from Canada. :twisted:
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
Chris
Administrator

Chavelo wrote:Yes, if the show doesn't have another draw. I guess I'm not as nostalgic over it as I had hoped. I used to watch it as a kid every morning. Enjoyed Beast Wars. But I just found myself not drawn to the characters, especially the human character. Found myself irritated by the generic goons that easily let the hero get away.

I guess I've grown too cynical. x.x
This is not at all about nostalgia. As I think we made it clear, we were talking about Prime based on its merits, not because it's a TF show. You should watch it on its own merits.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Chavelo

I may have misrepresented myself, I watched it based on your review. But, I was at least in part, hoping it would be sugared with a bit of nostalgia.
Chris
Administrator

Chavelo wrote:I may have misrepresented myself, I watched it based on your review. But, I was at least in part, hoping it would be sugared with a bit of nostalgia.
There is at least some nostalgia - like having Peter Cullen and Frank Welker reprising their iconic roles, but the show doesn't need nostalgia to be good, in my opinion. Honestly, I would suggest you give it another chance and be a bit more open minded. I don't know how far you got into it before dropping it, but at least try to get through the opening arc of the first five episodes and then make up your mind.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

Yeah Prime is a lot more subtle when it comes to the nostalgia, especially when you compare it to Animated. It also goes for more obscure elements of the franchise, such as the Scraplets.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Chavelo

Alright. I'll have to watch a few more eps to better make up mind. Running out of things to watch anyway. ;p
YokozunaBulldozer

It would be fun if Hot Rod/Rodimus returns as a guest character from a "alternate future" complete with voice by Judd Nelson.
Also, I recently saw the Japanese dub of TF Prime and was glad Tobita Nobuo (a.k.a. Camille Bidan of Z Gundam) took the role of Ratchet.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER